[02/28/18] Alpha World 4: Playing For Keeps

Discussion in '2018 LitRPG Books' started by DJ Schinhofen, Mar 1, 2018.

1. DJ Schinhofen

DJ Schinhofen Creator of Worlds. LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  2. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  3. Hawk723

Hawk723 Level 8 (Thug) Citizen

92%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Just finished and really enjoyed it. Thank you for another great read.

DJ Schinhofen likes this.
  4. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oh damn is it terrible that I just now got the title? I mean, given that I edited it and all...

DJ Schinhofen likes this.
  5. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    #71 Paid in Kindle Store

Playing for Keeps indeed, sir! Keep it up.

[​IMG]

6. DJ Schinhofen

DJ Schinhofen Creator of Worlds. LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thanks Paul, I'm going head to head with MSE and William Arand, so I still hope to top them both, man has to have dreams after all.

CheshirePhoenix and Paul Bellow like this.
  7. WarbVIII

WarbVIII Level 6 (Footpad) Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Decent book...but to me you seem to keep coming back to adolescent fantasies. I like it cause I am a guy but at the same time pick a side,go all in or cut the sex out. I like the books,but seems like you always put in some harem/D&S stuff, don't see why exactly. Seems like a touch of wishing it was so...again and again through 3 series. Makes me divide in my head the Story vs the Harem story. I read your books for the story that has nothing to do with the sex..though I like the sex too...just seems outside the zombie tale it is wish fufilment,damn I can't spell.

8. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sex scenes aren’t everyone’s cuppa. If you like the story but not the sex, why not just skip the sex scenes and read the story?

9. WarbVIII

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    if I skip I might miss something important...since some of the let's say bonding becomes really important,or what is said or done in those scenes,so if you skip you miss it. I don't have a problem with it just kinda seems shoe horned in to the actual tale, as in it could be skipped when writing it...or as he did with the Zombie story 2 versions?

10. WarbVIII

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I guess I should say with such a strong story without sex,the books don't need the extra I guess, but Daniel puts it in all his books,and so I wonder is it needed?

11. CheshirePhoenix

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There’s not really anything substantive in sex scenes in general, I’ve found.

12. WarbVIII

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    hmm,don't agree myself. Yet, that harem stuff takes me out of a story,I mean every MC ends up with chicks wanting him,all the time. I know it's fantasy but come on.

13. DJ Schinhofen

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sorry you didn't like it but the story is the way it is. I don't add things just for the sake of adding them, they are there because that is how the story comes into being. Book 5 continues on in much the same way book 4 did, when I get to book 6 it will almost guaranteed follow along the same lines still. So if you're having trouble with the series due to the content or what is or isn't included you might want to put it down.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  14. WarbVIII

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thanks for responding,I like the story, just not sure what the harem concept adds. This is just my opinion,and will still read the future books, and it's a critique not disgust or hatred. Related question to the sex though,do you know a lot of pagans? Many I have met are all about the free love thing.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  15. CheshirePhoenix

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Eh, I’ve met quite a few non-pagans that are poly. And I’ve met pagans who are strictly monogamous - I don’t think it’s fair to make a sweeping generalization of any group, because every group of people is still made up of individuals.

WarbVIII likes this.
  16. Mohammed Emnisy

Mohammed Emnisy Level 3 (Apprentice) Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I just finished it and already cant wait for the next book I just hope it focused on the development of the keep .Management has all been my favorite part in such novels.

Paul Bellow and CheshirePhoenix like this.
  17. WarbVIII

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    was not a sweeping generalization but an honest question

18. DJ Schinhofen

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I know a number of alternative faith people, as well as a number of various Christians of various flavors, and of course a sprinkling of other faiths as well.
    The number of Poly relationships crosses the entire spectrum. Out of my friends, I know four relationships that are poly, the rest are mono, but in various stages of marriage, separation, or divorce.

19. WarbVIII

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    k, know some who were or are poly and those are the ones I see ending explosively. Granted most of the monos I know also end..just usually not as badly,granted that maybe just because of who I know. Not hard to find monos ending in stupidly explosive manners.

20. DJ Schinhofen

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Like any relationship, people can find a way to f**k it up. It's all about the people involved in the relationship. I know a perfectly stable triad, and one poly that has 6 people in it. Of course the reverse of that is also true the other polys I know always seem to be having issues. The same is true of my mono friends, people who have been married for 20 years with little to no fighting and the other couples who yell and scream on a daily basis. :Shurg: People are people wherever you go.

CheshirePhoenix likes this.