[03/15/18] Ritualist: The Completionist Chronicles Book 1

Discussion in '2018 LitRPG Books' started by Paul Bellow, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    B07B27XQLF.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg The decision to start a new life is never an easy one, but for Joe the transition was far from figurative. Becoming a permanent addition to a game world, it doesn't take long to learn that people with his abilities are actively hunted. In fact, if the wrong people gained knowledge of what he was capable of, assassins would appear in droves.

In his pursuit of power, Joe fights alongside his team, completes quests, and delves into the mysteries of his class, which he quickly discovers can only be practiced in secret. Ultimately, his goal is to complete every mission, master every ability, and learn all of the world's secrets. All he has to do is survive long enough to make that happen.

https://amzn.to/2GgQa6F

2. Cadwe

Cadwe Arrogant cheeky Dragon Lord Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

4%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Paris (France)
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    really loved it

3. VRRanger

VRRanger Level 12 (Rogue) Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

67%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Washington State, USA
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This was a great book and I would definately recommend it. Only one thing seemed off to me and I wouldn't mind hearing other opinions. Don't take it as the book isn't worth reading though.

SPOILERS:

The MC seemed way OP to me. I found it hard to believe that out of all the players he was the only one who could finish the tests and out of all the players the only one to be able to heal. That vein continued throughout the book. Am I missing something there? It was a lot of fun and I am looking forward to book 2.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2018
    CheshirePhoenix likes this.