[05/16/2019] Little Lost Girl: A GameLit(e) Short Story

Discussion in '2019 LitRPG Books' started by Herko Kerghans, May 17, 2019.

1. Herko Kerghans

Herko Kerghans Biased Survivor LitRPG Author Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Jack tends to play it safe.

As a rookie Creature Handler, he has never been recloned.

Yet.

LLG Cover small.jpg

Little Lost Girl: a short GameLit-lite (GameLite? =) Sci-Fi story.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Yuli Ban likes this.
  2. Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Purchased! Will read later today.

Honestly, I could go for some litRPG and gamelit short stories. Novels are wonderful for exploring the high fantasy side of things, but there are some tales that are best told in under 20,000 words!

3. Herko Kerghans

Herko Kerghans Biased Survivor LitRPG Author Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thanks a bunch, mate! :D

Do let me know what you think (good, bad, and in-between; all feedback helps to improve the craft).

And yyyep, I'd love to see more short works. I guess that anything in the fantastic genre (be it Fantasy, Sci Fi, LitRPG, etc) needs a bit more words than a story taking place in the real world, since the fantastic story will need at least a bit of world-building and explaining to do since the reader won’t be familiar with that world, and that probably makes short stories in our genre a bit less appealing since there's a lot less world to either build or discover.

(I guess that’s one reason why fanfic is so popular: it’s not just that folks love to write in a world they love, which is surely reason #1, but also that you get to write Fantasy or Sci Fi as if it was realistic fiction since the world is already built.

In other words, realistic fiction is just Reality Fanfic! :p)

From what I’ve heard, some LitRPG authors (like Tao Wong from “System Apocalypse”) are considering launching a collection of short stories based on their own universe. A fantastic idea, methinks! :D

Yuli Ban likes this.