[06/02/17] Stay on the Wing: The Dark Herbalist Book 2

Discussion in '2017 LitRPG Books' started by Paul Bellow, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    B06XHPJG2S.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg When Timothy finally found work as a tester for a popular online MMORPG, his lifelong dream was fulfilled. And now, he earns money (and pretty good money, at that) just for doing what he loves – playing a beautiful and realistic computer game.

But he isn't some typical run-of-the-mill player, like the millions of others. Timothy is truly capable and talented, and stands out from the crowd. In fact, the faceless masses consider him far too lucky and successful. Many players dislike him for his achievements and hunt him down ruthlessly just because they feel envious or because he looks different.

So, what is he to do now when the whole world is against him, and his only allies are his beloved sister and a few trusted friends? Make peace? Sink down to their level? Or just fly ever higher on the wings of success? It's all up to Timothy!

http://amzn.to/2rYlHXk

2. Cadwe

Cadwe Arrogant cheeky Dragon Lord Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

4%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Paris (France)
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Book one was great, book 2 was even better! you often get surprised, and do not see what is coming

The references to way of the shaman and alterworld were a nice plus!

VRRanger and Paul Bellow like this.
  3. Felicity Weiss

Felicity Weiss Musey Muse Muse Shop Owner Citizen

62%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Oregon
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wanna skip bc I am not a fan of sea adventures, which the cover screams. However, everyone keeps saying how good it is. The dilemma is real.

VRRanger likes this.
  4. VRRanger

VRRanger Level 12 (Rogue) Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

67%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Washington State, USA
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It was good, I definitely enjoyed it, the action at the end was pretty interesting too.

Felicity Weiss and Paul Bellow like this.
  5. John Ward

John Ward Level 12 (Rogue) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

59%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Eastern Time Zone
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I enjoyed the first book. I own the second, but haven't started it yet. Glad to hear that it's worth reading.

Felicity Weiss likes this.
  6. Larakel

Larakel Level 14 (Defender) Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

26%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Newbie Island
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    @Felicity Weiss There's not really that much at sea. Starts on land, they get on a boat, the next bit is on an island. The next bit is a different island. Little bit at sea and then they go back to land. The cover doesn't really do it justice.

I was the opposite, really excited because the cover promised a whole adventure at sea and I hadn't seen a LITRPG do that yet so it was all new and cool. And ultimately disappointing.

7. VRRanger

VRRanger Level 12 (Rogue) Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

67%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Washington State, USA
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I was also looking forward to seeing some ocean action. I enjoyed what they did do but it would have been fun to have more. Worse, they even teased in the middle with a request form the head boss that it was going to continue being a big part and then quickly resolved that plot line. A good novel though; I am looking forward to the third.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  8. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Just did reveal of a new side character - Captain Skids, a skeleton pirate captain between levels... heh...not sure if I could pull off a whole book of ship action - unless they were island hopping? i'd thought of that originally, but the overall arc has somewhat evolved while writing the first three books...