[07/01/18] Steam Whistle Alley: An Adventure in Augmented Reality

Discussion in '2018 LitRPG Books' started by Joshua Mason, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Joshua Mason

Joshua Mason Steam Whistle Alley LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen

76%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F6D443C

The LitRPG forum was the first place I joined when I decided to write a book, before any of the facebook groups or discords. Thanks to all the people here who helped me along the way, and there's a bunch of you. You guys rock! After much consideration, I've decided to go wide, for now anyway.

Everyone on the street that day saw a lunatic wearing strange brass goggles, swinging an invisible sword on the sidewalks of downtown Seattle. But Jacob recognizes what the man is really doing—playing a game in augmented reality. When the game’s creator offers him his own goggles, Jacob enters a city he thinks he knows. But towering monuments of Victorian architecture have replaced the skyscrapers. Airships float between the buildings. Fearsome enemies, from steam-powered rabbits to clockwork werewolves lurk in every shadow.

But with the game comes a quest, and to the victors go the deed to Steam Whistle Alley, the social and financial heart of the game. Jacob, his biosynthetic monkey Banjo, and the rest of the team must face off against foes who want the alley for themselves. Some of his adversaries, however, aren’t playing games. They don’t want the alley. They want the company, and the death they bring is not the kind Jacob can respawn from.

Debut author Joshua Diles brings you this breathtaking entry into the up-and-coming GameLit/LitRPG genres, blending it with steampunk aesthetics through the power of augmented reality. Available at your favorite ebook retailer.

2. Gryphon

Gryphon Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Good luck! I look forward to it (Once my to read list starts getting smaller...)

3. Joshua Mason

76%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  4. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Approaching 10k rank last I looked. Good job! Keep it up. :)

Joshua Mason likes this.
  5. KTHanna

KTHanna Level 12 (Rogue) LitRPG Author Citizen

57%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Huge congrats hon <3 So glad to see it out there!

Joshua Mason and Paul Bellow like this.
  6. Jay

Jay Hiatus. LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

30%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Congrats!

Joshua Mason and Paul Bellow like this.
  7. Joshua Mason

76%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah it broke 10k for a millisecond. Trying to get the hand of marketing now. I'm getting good clicks, on a couple im getting a click every 3-400 impressions. Just not getting enough impressions. Was # 15 in steampunk for a bit which I was proud of. Kinda hit that cliff today though. Oh well, the sales paid for the cover at least.

Its in premedia at Ingramspark and I have a bunch of local bookstores thatll carry it. Got a signing coming up too, and a steampunk festival. Wish me luck.

Paul Bellow and Gryphon like this.
  8. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If you have any marketing questions, lemme know. You talking AMS or FB ads?