[10/29/2018] MURDERWORLD

Discussion in '2018 LitRPG Books' started by Allen White, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Allen White

Allen White Level 6 (Footpad) LitRPG Author Citizen

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    [​IMG] Greetings, all! Really happy to be part of this community.

I just published my first book, MURDERWORLD, issued by Severed Press. It's GameLit/soft LitRPG science fiction, set within a bloody, worldwide fight simulation heavily influenced by martial arts and action movies. It's got a dash of cyberpunk flavor and social sci-fi, and is an entertaining and thought-provoking read.

Find here it on Amazon.

Also, if you live in the San Francisco Bay Area, I have physical copies on sale at Borderlands on Valencia St. in SF. You should be shopping there, in any case, as this store is a fantastic resource for science fiction and fantasy readers.

SYNOPSIS

Perry Dunne, San Francisco corporate lawyer, is forced by his bullying boss to play the world's most popular game, the vast, ultra-real, blood-drenched simulation MURDERWORLD. His task: enhance his legal firm's prestige by earning five kills during the current tournament—or get fired.

When Perry crosses paths with homicide virtuoso Mari Night, he seizes the chance to hire her as his mentor, not realizing her game persona hides the identity of precocious 12-year-old Korean schoolgirl, Chun Soo-yun.

As both traverse a freakish gamer underbelly seething with kill-crazy players, they're soon ensnared in an epic power struggle against formidable foes within a world where violence is always the solution.

And where murder is no longer merely a game.​

I do hope you'll check it out. It's a labor of love, and though I'm obviously biased, it's a great read. An excellent stocking-stuffer!

Thanks!

On Facebook: Allen White

Paul Bellow likes this.
  2. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member Shop Owner LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Welcome! You even got our weird title format correct! Haha.

Glad you're with us. Lemme know if you have any questions.

Good luck on your launch!

3. Allen White

Allen White Level 6 (Footpad) LitRPG Author Citizen

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I guessed that it was the publishing date, am I right? Is there a forum style guide? :confused:

Thanks for the invite and for making me feel so welcome, Paul!

Paul Bellow likes this.
  4. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member Shop Owner LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You are correct, sir. One of the few who "got it" right away. No forum style guide, really. Our big rule is the golden one - do unto others as you would have them do unto you. We're a fairly relaxed and laid-back community.

[​IMG]

Allen White likes this.