2 New Golems For Richter crew.

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by PokemonThug, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 13 (Assassin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

65%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    One of the most magically active metals in existence... plus a dragons cauldron to make focus potions from blueberries amd whatever else, plus his new eye piece, plus a life master ally who can share mana with him means a tier 4+ golem when he returns to the village and has a day to work.

Elementum by name sounds like it could be strong in all of the basic elements.

My vote for next golem is air type, for 2 reasons:
    1. Wind demon had wings and could fly. This thing could possibly carry Richter around with Alma. Which would be synergistic with cloud running. Also, lightning attacks are powerful.

2. He will pretty much never be anywhere without air, unless he has an underwater adventure coming up..

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  2. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    An Air Golem would be good for all roundness and Stealth, especially in the Mists. But a Water Golem would also be very useful, especially when he starts Traveling more, what with all the Rivers and Streams in the Peninsula and when he starts using his Boat to get about more. Having Air and Water Golems might be very useful for Sailing when he gets to open Water, depending on how flexible they are and what their Powers, especially if they could be modified/tailored to assist in Ship and Boat handling/movement?

But I have to admit I am curious about what a Life Golem would look like, and a Dark Golem would most likely be great for Stealth Attacks (most particularly when compared to other Golems, except probably Air) and would be superb for Night and Underground missions.

Being the Master of the Mist PoP he might in time be able to create a Mist Golem, which would most likely have a Bonuses added to both it on it's Creation (due to Richter being Master of the PoP Elements) and additional Buffs added to it when it is fighting in the Mist Village PoP Domain.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
  3. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wonder whether golems that are anathema to each other might fight?

Mister Bill likes this.
  4. Gurston

Gurston Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Tree Golum, using something donated by the Quickening as the Core

PokemonThug likes this.
  5. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

24%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A water golem would be boss for not only the MV but for his new Ship! I wouldn’t want to be aboard a ship that has a living dead crew. Then right before the dead board a water golem pops up on deck washing all hands off their feet.

I wonder what a water golem would weight? Depending on the size ship but a sizeable water golem could case a ship to roll back and forth with its weight shifting.

6. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 13 (Assassin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

65%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think we can all at least agree the the next golem should be of one of the mist village elements, and he should enchant it on top of the great seal, with a full nights sleep, some support potions at the least, and for the love of god ask someone some questions about golems first...

7. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I figure the next golem should be a group project.

Richter has decent regen on his own, but he struggled to keep the mana supply up for the minor golem project. He now has an option to add a second enchanter into his projects, and that enchanter should definitely be Gloran. Alma could join as well, but there isn't really much in it for her, she'd just be waiting for hours while Richter pulls on her mana.

Gloran on the other hand would be getting skill experience as an enchanter.

8. Captain BlackJack

24%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think a potion of clarity would be the number one potion to take.

9. Captain BlackJack

24%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That’s a great idea. If Gloran for whatever reason can’t do it he definitely needs someone else helping with it for experience. I don’t think mana should be a problem when he gets back to the MV. He should have plenty to draw from there not mentioning potions.

10. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Its another way for a skilled craftsman to help someone else get ahead. Much like the miniquests.

Once people stop being selfish for even a moment societies can move forward rapidly.

11. Captain BlackJack

24%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, or move out together! I just saw the head of nato speaking about Nato personal stuck in Afghanistan. Unfortunately it seems they are spread around as much as our citizens that were left behind.

12. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This is an unmitigated political disaster. No one knows what the Taliban will be doing now or in the near future. Its unlikely they would be foolish enough to attack western citizens as that would be one of the few things that could bring Nato back in with a vengeance, but the regular afghans have no such protection.

Worse, I have a nagging feeling they might not stick to Afghanistan. They've always been a national organisation, but they've also housed terrorists that operates in other countries. It doesn't seem that unrealistic that they might strike against Iraq, a country only marginally more able to fend them off. Don't forget they almost fell to ISIS, and Isis had little of the hardware seized from the Afghan army. Not to mention the flood of islamists that will likely pour towards the islamic emirate.

As i've said elsewhere, if invaded Iraq could crumble like a cookie without western support. Syria wouldn't be much better off. Whether we like it or not, the central eurasian countries are weak states that have little popular support.. The tribe is central to their way of life, not western style nationalism.

Regardless, we danes are a couple steps ahead, as always ;)
    We're busy transporting our people to an airport in pakistan. We've also offered to transport people from allied countries there. Not sure we've had any takers, but we're getting the hell out of there. I'm hopefull we'll soon be in a position to help the people of the panshirj province resist Taliban aggression. Not that it is likely to happen.

Afghanistan's last free citadel: Panjshir resists Taliban charge

Mister Bill likes this.
  13. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ship=> airship=> cloud giant soul

+ Mistgolem

14. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Syria has been fighting usa.. Isis for last 4 years+... quite sucessfully. Russian help did a lot

15. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Cloud Giant Soul should definitely be useful in the creation of a MV PoP aligned Enchantment Creation, whether a Mist Golem (good idea) or something else. A Staff that Amplifies MV PoP Element Magic Spells & Settlement Spells & MV PoP Master granted Abilities & Skills, ect, would be a superb creation but would likely be a long way of before it could be created.

16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Syria has become the battleground for a proxy war. Russia and Assad are winning because the west doesn't want to get seriously invested in this. It just isn't worth it to us, thereas Russia is scrambling to build a firm foundation in the region in order to maintain its status as a great power.

Take the Ukraine crisis. Russia backed off when the EU started making serious moves, because they don't want a war, military or economic, against Europe. If they win militarily they just destroyed their biggest trading partner, who buys 40% of their exports. An economic conflict would be even worse as the EU has a gdp of some 20 trillion us dollars and Russia has a gdp 1.7 trillion.

The result of said conflict is that Russia has seized less than 10% of Ukraine's territory, a hollow victory at best. It has led to a realignment of politics within Ukraine where their primary focus is on European integration as well as an economic realignment. A decade ago most ukrainian trade went to Russia, today an overwhelming amount goes to the EUi. The EU won the clash between giants when both sides got serious, without ever firing a bullet. Moldovia, another of the old soviet republics, has also turned its sights on EU membership, leaving Belarus as the only russia aligned buffer state between Russia and the EU. One where the majority of the population want Russia out.

Syria is a playground for Turkey and Russia. They are like two mangy streetdogs fighting over a bone with barely any meat left after a decade of war while the EU is busy tearing huge meaty chunks out of eastern europe. Lands that used to belong to Russia.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
    Mister Bill likes this.
  17. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    russia always had a foundation in syria(military base) also would have a carrier group there, but it broke down then sunk lol

eu prints cash so does russia. How much each prints its irrelevant, say new f35 costs 500 mil new su 57 costs 50 mil.. also nukes make this irrelevant too.

Ukraine dumped theyir debt to russia like 4 billion cause f**k them, and kicked the president out, just like iraq, libya, syria..(ongoing)

ukraine will never be let in eu, nor nato. Ant the latest fiasko led to them losing 10% of their territory...

just look at afganistan and who is behind taliban. There are much bigger issues at stake than sirya(I guess Assad wanted to build an oil transit pipeline.. got fisted by tomahowks...and russias s-300 never arrived(bought in 2009)) ya world is so fucked and the guy just wanted to pump oil to asia...

18. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ukraine will be let into the EU eventually, the big west european countries are determined as are the east europeans. It deprives Russia of 40 million people and it pushes their sphere of influence further east. Britain was the heart of the anti enlargement wing and they already left. The smaller EU countries will fall in line eventually.

Russia won a limited military victory in easternmost Ukraine where the population was most pro russian, but that victory destroyed their political and economic hold on the rest of Ukraine. I doubt Putin feels great about the outcome.

I have no hard idea who is behind the Taliban. Pakistan is certainly a suspect. I doubt any of the big powers care enough to tangle with the US. China has its new silk road megaproject to link it to Europe, but I doubt they want to play police officer in Afghanistan for the next 20 years. The US was willing to let them built anything they wanted to and they knew that.

As for the taliban regime, they are too smart to attempt to block it. The new silk road is going to connect Afghanistan to the rest of the world. Its going to make profitable to mine more of the estimated 1-3 trillion dollars worth of minerals in Afghanistan, which means billions in the Taliban's pockets.

19. Captain BlackJack

24%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I love it!

After the battle with Singh I had thought about his comment in the story. Singh ridiculed Richter for having used elementum for a sword.
    We know there are gems that represent all of the powers in the Land. Richter should search his lands over for the best natural gems he can find that represent his powers. Then he should use them to trap high level souls of creatures that are based in those particular Magic’s. Once Richter has infused those four gems with souls of the very same nature he should use them and the mist giant soulstone to enchant a scepter made of elementum. He should also use some of the body parts from those for creatures in the creation of his scepter. Perhaps by the time he has gathered everything he needs to make such a scepter he would be capable of charging it with mana as well.

What power would the War Lords Scepter, forged of elementum, enchanted with his PoP’s magic, and bound to his POP be the very creatures of his lands grant?

Dragon and Andrew Lynas like this.
  20. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Don't forget having him Infuse Chaos Mana into it while Crafting it.