[09/18/18] Roguelock (The Wayfarers Book 1)

Discussion in '2018 LitRPG Books' started by RedCulver, Sep 18, 2018.

1. RedCulver

RedCulver Level 6 (Footpad) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

23%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hello, all! My debut LitRPG novella, Roguelock (The Wayfarers Book 1) is out on Amazon and actually has a cover now! It's only a buck, and it's on KU, of course. I hope you'll take a look!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H3XQPGX

The year is 1984, and Alex McLeod's dad has been missing for more than half his life. When Alex inherits a mysterious game called Wayfarer-- a game that should not exist-- he is drawn into a fantasy world of criminal intrigue. Accompanied by a disembodied daemon and an elf who is not all she seems, Alex must chase his father's legacy while finding a way to earn gold and experience points without getting himself killed in the process.

Roguelock is inspired by old-school tabletop roleplaying games and heist movies. Each novella in the Wayfarers series features a heist adventure in a genre-themed world such as fantasy, sci-fi, cyberpunk, horror, steampunk, and more. The books are tied together by the hero, Alex McLeod, and the mysterious game Wayfarer, the last reminder Alex has of his missing father. Roguelock is set in Borealis, a classic fantasy world.

Keep an eye out for the sequel, Deadwater, coming soon.

Paul Bellow and Jay like this.
  2. R.S.J.Lacey

R.S.J.Lacey Level 3 (Apprentice) Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I bought this ebook the day I joined the site and read about it from RedCulver's introduction.

I managed to read it in two days and I must say I enjoyed it. Though I found it hard to get into it at first (as I do with many first person narratives) I suddenly found myself thrown into the world along side Alex and his party. There is plenty of humour and the pacing is great. I turned page after page and before I knew it I was at the end, I had to go back and double check I had actually finished the book as I was that engrossed.

Great job and looking forward to more!

Ross

Paul Bellow and RedCulver like this.
  3. RedCulver

RedCulver Level 6 (Footpad) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

23%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thank you, Ross! I am honored and so pleased that you enjoyed it. The sequel is well underway and should be out in October at the latest.

Paul Bellow and R.S.J.Lacey like this.