A list of LitRPG books that have broken into Top 100.

Discussion in 'All Things LitRPG' started by Jayden, May 21, 2017.

1. Jayden

Jayden Level 5 (Veteran) LitRPG Author Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hey everyone.

I'm a fan of lists.

I was wondering if anyone has been keeping a list of LitRPG books that have broken into the overall Top 100 Amazon Kindle Bestsellers list?

Recently, Super Sales on Super Heroes spent about 9 days inside the Top 100, but I'm not sure how high it got or if it set the record for being inside the Top 100 for the longest period of time.

I dig Top 100 lists (and top 10 lists) and lists.... In fact, one of my favorite books in the 1970s was this The Book of Lists...
    The original hardback version.
    Perhaps this is a disease...
    I don't know.

Anyway, I think the following books have cracked the Top 100:
    Aleron's last book (I don't know how many before that).
    Awaken Online book 2, but I'm not sure about book 1.
    I think maybe Edward Castle's book broke the Top 100, but I'm not sure, maybe it only got close.
    And Ramon's book did for sure, I remember watching it pass into the glorious territory of immorality.

OH, wait, that's immortality. Sorry.

So, yeah, it would be kind of cool to keep track.

2. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Great idea. We can call them LitRPG Legends or something and keep a running thread.

Let's make this that thread.

WildAzazel likes this.
  3. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  4. Cadwe

Cadwe Arrogant cheeky Dragon Lord Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

4%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Paris (France)
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Mahanenko does at each releases. About half of MDB books does actually

Paul Bellow likes this.
  5. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We should ask Simon Vale to give us a list!

6. Cadwe

Cadwe Arrogant cheeky Dragon Lord Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

4%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Paris (France)
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Is he on the forum? Else i will send him an invite

Tfish10065 and Paul Bellow like this.
  7. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not yet, I don't believe. Please do if you get a chance. We'd love to have him.

8. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I invited someone from LitWorld too - another russian who was promoting Fayroll...

9. Cadwe

4%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Paris (France)
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'll invite a few VIP's XD

Paul Bellow likes this.
  10. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Gold bounties if you get 'em! ;)

Cadwe likes this.
  11. Tfish10065

Tfish10065 Level 9 (Burgler) LitRPG Author Citizen

16%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    With the number of readers (and authors for that matter) we have here there's no reason we shouldn't be reading and reviewing our own work. We need to support each other. IMHO

R.M. Soderlund and Eden Redd like this.
  12. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I've got mixed feelings about this one. I know Amazon frowns on authors reviewing authors. When one author leaves other authors 1 or 2 stars because they're "not LitRPG" in his opinion, it's a problem, imho. We also have authors giving other authors five stars, which also shouldn't be happening. Let the books stand on their own. There's many other ways to support other authors. The genre is going to continue blowing up over the next 9 to 12 months, so I don't really see a reason for authors to be reviewing other authors. Maybe it's just me, tho? I come from romance where that's a big no-no.

R.M. Soderlund, Tfish10065 and Cadwe like this.
  13. SimonVale

SimonVale Level 5 (Veteran) LitRPG Author Citizen

17%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hey, guys! In fact, nobody of our authors had made the the top-100 yet. Even Vasily Mahanenko. Closest result was top-133 (if I remember correctly). And now I don't think it is possible at all. There're too many LitRPG authors and books and despite that amount of readers is growing, their focus on particular author became blurred, so... If it had happened, we'd have cried about it for a long time because it'd be the first time EVER Russian author made top-100 amazon... But, alas...

14. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Let's see what we as a community can do for your next launch. What do you have dropping next? ;)

15. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Also, @SimonVale ... I added you to the LitRPG Author group here, so a few new forums should open up for you on the homepage. I know you're not technically an author (?) but you represent some good ones!

16. SimonVale

17%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thanks, Paul! I'll check it out. As a community you've done more than enough for us. Nobody before us could sell translated russian fantasy successfully. And we are. And it's all would never happen without you. We're very grateful but we don't want to get greedy, so we'll just keep doing what we do to bring you more Russian talented writers, that's it.

We're launching the second Dark Paladin soon but there is no chance it'd hit top-100. There has to be KU for that to happen at least (and it won't be).

Paul Bellow likes this.
  17. Cadwe

4%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Paris (France)
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I really liked the first one, but there was mixed review about it. hopefully it goes well

Im curious, who decides on KU or not?

18. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It's hard to hit top 100 w/out KU unless you're spending a lot on FB ads, imho.

Keep up the great work!

19. SimonVale

17%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    well, we do. For our authors. Sometimes it's hard decision but we're responsible for their success partly so we're doing our best to make the best choice

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    Paul Bellow likes this.
  20. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If your word count / pages is long enough, KU usually makes sense because you hit higher ranks. I know Michael Stanley Earl has moved back into KU, and I think I heard Blaise Corvin might be going back in too. Definitely a hard decision, though.

Tfish10065 likes this.