A LitRPG Author Leaderboard!

Discussion in 'Works in Progress' started by Paul Bellow, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Tom Gallier

Tom Gallier Level 15 (Guardian) LitRPG Author Citizen

19%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm getting words down most days, but I'm a little scattered. I had planned to write a BIG LitRPG his summer, but Amazon's seeming targeting of the genre shook me. So I've been finishing up side-projects that bring in money, but not that much. I did finish a SF novel, and I'm halfway through a vigilante justice novel, but I really want to sink my teeth in a LitRPG or GameLit novel.

Paranoia is a terrible thing. I may just have to check to see if I have a set of balls, and JUST DO IT. But first I have a few side-projects to complete and the Vigilante book (you know how good it feels to kill bad guys who really deserve it, in fiction, I mean. ;) )

Yuli Ban likes this.
  2. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, I just mentioned this in another thread, but I don't think Amazon is culling totally innocent accounts. You're back in KU now, aren't you?

3. Tom Gallier

19%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm back in, but Amazon goes after anyone with a book read by a bot. At least at the time. I pulled all my books out, but after I heard of authors getting e-mails stating they were going to be less agressive, then I put some of my better selling Fantasy and HaremLit back in. I'd already gone wide with the LitRPG and other GameLit stuff, so didn't go back into KU with them. The HaremLit does worry me, since Reverse Harem in Romance has been targeted, too. And all my Haremlit is at least Gamelit, if not LitRPG.

4. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, read my other thread in the guild. I don't think it's only bots. I think giveaways and incentivized readers were used too. And if those readers read your books (even in a legit way) their Amazon accounts might be tainted thus why you're losing page reads.

Tom Gallier likes this.
  5. DJ Schinhofen

DJ Schinhofen Creator of Worlds. LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm not taking that chance anymore, I pulled from Ku and will ride out the loss of income until I can get a solid idea of where things stand.

6. SamuelKKauffman

SamuelKKauffman Level 13 (Assassin) LitRPG Author Roleplaying Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

70%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Pacific Standard Time (UTC -8)
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Okay, so I fixed the Leaderboard for Paul if anyone's curious/confused/whatever. This way, all the correct data will be shown there.

You're welcome. :)

7. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It was broke?

8. Jason Maskell

Jason Maskell Level 11 (Thief) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

16%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It seems a couple more people added themselves, it needed an update.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  9. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oops. Sorry. People keep asking to join. A lot drop off after a month or so. Heh.

Thanks to both of you. I should be done with editing roguelike soon...

10. SamuelKKauffman

SamuelKKauffman Level 13 (Assassin) LitRPG Author Roleplaying Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

70%
    xp:
    Zone:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, exactly... still gonna need to work on my stuff, though. (/)_-)

Paul Bellow likes this.
  11. Tom Gallier

19%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Man, I've been editing all month so far, and still have a few more days to go. I "try" to write after editing, but I've not had the energy to write more than a couple hundred words most days, usually just a page or two. Embarrassing.

I've easily written 130k in a single month. but that's not editing, publishing, or anything. I never seem to factor in the other aspects of writing and publishing so it bites in the butt when I have to virtually stop to play catch up. I'm catching up right now.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  12. Tom Gallier

19%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I've been scarce the last week because last weekend I was bitten by a bug that put me down all week. This is the first day I've felt human. I really shouldn't have gone to the doctor before Wednesday. After two days on meds I feel MUCH better. I hope to get into writing again. I did try to write at first, but not very successfully

13. SamuelKKauffman

70%
    xp:
    Zone:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    @Paul Bellow, you might want to make a new sheet on the Leaderboard. We're in September already, man.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  14. Tom Gallier

19%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well, I'm back in the saddle again. Yep, writing another GameLit book. Feels good. I'm about halfway through writing it, projecting 62k at the moment. And I hope to publish around the first of October. I need to sell some books! This summer had been killer. The last two books, both outside the Fantasy and GameLit genres, were both busts. Why do I try to expand my readership? Why? Why?

15. RedCulver

RedCulver Level 6 (Footpad) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

23%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    How does one get up on the leaderboard?

16. Tom Gallier

19%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm glad September is over. Sep 2017 KICKED MY ASS, and Sep 2018 was WORSE. Sales dismal, worse month the year two years in a row. Plus, I was just coming out of a long sickness in August, just so my wife could go into the hospital in Sep. She's still recovering, but at home now.

You can see my wild daily word counts this month, from zero some days, to over 5k on others. Up down, just like everything else this month.

Good bye, September, and good riddance.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  17. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Here's to October, my friend! ::PAL::

[​IMG]

R.M. Soderlund likes this.
  18. Tom Gallier

19%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Aug, Sep, and now Oct sales have been down. I've either been sick, or my wife has been sick, most of Aug and Sep. So I haven't been very active on social media, but I'm still plugging away.

I tried different genres for my Aug and Sep books, and both bombed spectacularly. I learned too well that I do not earn enough money on my backlist to take chances! Hopefully sales will pick up and my stress level will drop, but I am also looking for a part time job to tide me over for the next couple of months, but I live out in the middle of nowhere, so jobs are few and far between. Fun times.

19. kajack

kajack Lazy Author Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

66%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    mmm it's still in use?

20. LWFlouisa

LWFlouisa Roboto Artiste LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen

29%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    How do I start an update thread without having the whole thread be hidden? o_O It didn't seem like there was anything obviously wrong with it.