Absorbing Tier 2 Energy (body-strengthening).

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Andrew Lynas, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What would you like to see Richter potential gain from Absorbing Tier 2 Energy. I'd like to see him gain increased Sensory Capabilities, especially Hearing, Sight and Smell (possibly crude sonar like capabilities and thermal vision, being underground would be a great place to find creature that could grant these capabilities).
    Also increased Physical Resistances, especially to Poison, Heat&Cold and increased Natural Armour. Maybe a weak natural ability to rapidly adapted to different hostile environmental conditions (Adaptive Resistance?).
    I'd also like for him to Absorb something that can increase his MA (Mental Aegis, the Stat that he would having gotten increased if he had chosen Human Telepath, I think that it might increase his chances of gaining Psionic abilities/Skills as well as strengthening him against Mental attacks and strengthening Thought Magic Spells and Resistances.

I'd also like to see him Absorb something that could have the added side effect of helping to strengthen his DragonKin Mark and so his Bond with Alma, as well as giving him whatever additional physical capability it was initially supposed to grant.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
    Paul Bellow and PokemonThug like this.
  2. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Is it one trait or a bunch of them he gets?

Michael Clack likes this.
  3. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I suspect that the Quickening Fruit might be a Tier 2 item (possibly higher?), so I am wondering what Absorbing one or more of those would grant Richter? And would it also increase the Celestial Spark in him as well?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  4. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't know, because i'm unsure of the basic system. I think absorbing something gives him a chance of getting the associated trait, but only one trait. Might be a chance that he gets none, some or every trait.

5. SnackBarbarian

SnackBarbarian Level 8 (Thug) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

74%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well so far there’s a chance he’s becoming Wolverine with iron strengthened bones and regeneration.

Drasius likes this.
  6. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    While it could be just one Trait (the one with the Highest %?) I personally suspect that the Upgrade would consist of all the Absorb Traits in pretty much the % that is Absorbed by Richter in those Traits (+- a small amount). It appears to be a Chance to get all Absorbed Traits or non at all.

Drasius likes this.
  7. SnackBarbarian

74%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’d imagine he could get multiple ones cause limitless is so op.

Drasius likes this.
  8. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I figure the % was chance.

Johan likes this.
  9. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wouldn't mind seeing him get a minor shifting capability to grow Claws and Fangs to fight with when he needs them. Possibly also protective Scales, that might allow him to stack his Skin Protection Spells on top of that and his Bloodline Harden ability.

10. SnackBarbarian

74%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Train in unarmed combat for the Natural armor boost. I don’t see him wanting to get claws or fangs other than in the form he gets with Alma based on his disgust from choosing his specialty with that one that had all kinds of body enchantments.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  11. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You have been offered a Quest: Chaotic Flux As a Legendary evolution, your body, mind and soul will remain in flux for the next 25 days. If you nourish any of these three facets of your existence within that time, you may be awarded a unique bonus that could greatly augment your power.

Kong, Aleron. The Land: Monsters: A LitRPG Saga (Chaos Seeds Book 8) . Tamori Publications, LLC. Kindle Edition.

So basically absorb 100 points and you may be awarded some kind of trait.

PokemonThug likes this.
  12. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    My Brother you are back!!!! :) this brings happiness to my eyes
    I do so hope that Johan and others will find this safe heaven in due time..

13. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Unarmed combat is really underrated. Its weird that it isn't something trained as a standard, just for the armor bonus. 2-3 armor really matters if you are facing swarm attacks from low-level critters such as the eaters, that do low damage per attack but make up for it through number of strikes.

Drasius and SnackBarbarian like this.
  14. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Lol, so you already read my other post? xD
    Its good to see you are here as well.

PokemonThug likes this.
  15. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I initially thought that to, except then I began to think that the Chance comment was referring the wether he was able to get the 100 Needed Points in order to get the Upgrade (and the Chance of getting nothing if he didn't), the 100 Points seem to a line with % of whatever trait upgrades he will get after he succeeds, for instance say 9% of the Upgrade Point Energy will go to Strengthening his Bones, 25% will go to giving him Minor Regenerative capabilities, 5% to Enhanced Senses, ect.

16. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Disgust was more to do with the Degree and Unappealingness of the chances rather then to the actual Flesh Enchanting, he was actually quite intrigued with the possible uses of incorporating different creatures physical capabilities into himself. So I doubt that the ability to grow Claws, Fangs and Scales (or even a barbed tail) would bother him to much (as long as they weren't to bothersome for everyday use or to unsightly), most especially if they could be formed via a minor form of Shape Shifting and then returned back to his normal form.

Unarmed Combat only gain experience if he fights without Weapons, if he could grow Claws and Fangs (and possibly horns, forearm, elbow, knee, tail, elbow blades&spikes?) they would most likely won't be classed as Weapons, but as a Natural part of him and so could be used in Unarmed Combat and to help him Level it quicker as well. For that matter it might allow him to gain and use Beast/Animal Attack Skills like Bite, Claw, Swipe, Goar, Chomp, Stomp, Tail Whip, ect, which could further allow him to add damage in a fight.

Also the capability to grow scales would add to both his base Natural Armour without having to wait to get to that amount by training UC, and there's a good bet that the Strength of the Scales would also be Strengthened by training in Unarmed further adding to his Defence, plus he could likely cast his Bark or Chiton Skin Spell on top of the Scales and use his Bloodline Defence argument as well, combined with Armour he could probably take a Kick from a Rock Giant a Shrug it off.

17. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    My thought for the Chaotic Flux quest was that once he reaches 0% chance to fail quest it will trigger an automatic lottery of his currently gained possible traits (enhanced bones, regen etc with their respective percent chances). Then if there is still time left in the 25 day quest, he can try again for an additional trait. After the quest is over he will also receive a trait customized to him apparently so I'm excited to see what that is.

If my way of the quest is actually how it works, I bet he manages to pull off two lottery traits before it's over

18. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wonder if Alma's Evolution makes her a Tier 2 entity now, and if it does would Richter be able to Absorbed her shed Scales (those that are dropped when she has her Natural Armour increased) and if he can what would if give him? What Trait would he receive from her Species? Stronger Natural Armour, Increased Psi Defence (MA Stats), Stronger DragonKin Mark?

Drasius likes this.
  19. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think it does mean just that. She has evolved after all.

20. SnackBarbarian

74%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Pressure points too, imagine leveling it high enough to be able to paralyze with a touch. I want to see the equivalent of a Monk in the land. One of those Snow leopard beastkin with the cloud running would be sweet to see fleshed out, maybe using some kind of gentle fist Kung fu, would make a great Champion.

Drasius and Andrew Lynas like this.