Absorbing Tier 2 Energy (body-strengthening).

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Andrew Lynas, Feb 6, 2020.

1. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So the quest for Chaotic Flux allows him to absorb energy (tier 2 and above) to Strengthen his Body, Mind or Soul (possibly even all three if he finds appropriate energies and enough to reach 100% 3 times in his 25 day window)

What kind of upgrades do you think might be found for his mind or soul?

Drasius likes this.
  2. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Possibly Mental or Psoinic Strengthening or giving Psionic capabilities. And Improved Memory and cognitive functions.
    For Soul other then strengthening it from attacks I'm not sure, might be something that the Quickening Fruit gives though?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    Drasius likes this.
  3. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I believe it is all three. If he doesn't complete it in time, he gets a % chance for each aspect. Once he gets full % for an aspect mind/body/soul he automatically gets the upgrade. But I also think the chance will start over again once one of the aspects is filled, giving an opportunity for a second body alteration while the first mind and soul are being worked on.

Drasius, Andrew Lynas and ShoughtLoud like this.
  4. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think that if he gets all the needed Points before the Quest time has run out that there might(?) have a small chance that he can continue to collect and Absorb things to further strengthen himself, but there's probably only a smallish chance of that, I doubt though that the Quest would restart so he could have a chance to do it again if finished it early.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
    Johan likes this.
  5. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A Thought has just occurred to me, actually it occurred yesterday but I forgot it before I could Post it, if Richter was to Kill (or come across a dead) Tier 2 Human (or Orc, Elf, Gnome, ect) could Absorb any Traits or Characteristics from like he is doing now with Beasts and Plants? And if so what might be get?

For that matter could Absorb anything from a Tier 2 Metal or Mineral? Probably not but it would be interesting to see what he might get if he could.

6. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It seems like one could "absorb the power" of something. So the power of that plant is no imbue things with metal. The power of that wurm blood essence was regeneration, that would be an Ability, on the stat sheet.

So in that regard, he could probably absorb either the bloodline ability or normal ability of the person. But does it need to be an Ability that is tier 2 specific? ...such as not being able to absorb He-Man's friendship ability because it is tier 1, because absorb his tier 2 ability psychic when he ascended.

7. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If the body/mind/spirit is still in flux, then the points should still be absorb past 100 and past 0% quest failure.

Drasius and ShoughtLoud like this.
  8. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Nah you can absorb 100 points and you may get rewarded. Or you might get the finger from the universe. Honestly, if I was the author I might just do that, gotta have bad luck occasionally.

9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Journey to the land of the snow leopards and bring back enough monks for a temple of your own - honestly, these guys would write themselves.

Roof of the world, a kingdom covered in snow, surrounded on all sides by evil factions that wish to wipe them out.

Drasius, Johan and SnackBarbarian like this.
  10. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    @Dragon I think he fairly wrote himself into a corner on that.

"Absorbing a total of 100 Tier 2 Body Points will trigger an automatic change to your body." Book 8

If all 100 are filled, then it should be 100% chance he will gain one of the upgrades. But I suppose his chaotic nature might allow for 0% chance option.

Drasius likes this.
  11. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If Richtær obtains the Regen ability, do you think he will cut himself often to increase his constitution, like the troll mother do to her children. Maybe Randy will help him with the process during his trainings, No lifemages needed.

Drasius and Andrew Lynas like this.
  12. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Absorb a Hundred Body Points will trigger an automatic change? Does that mean that there might also be a 100 Mind and a 100 Soul Counter as well, or will it all be added to the one Counter? I was think just one Counter for all three but now I'm not as sure as I was, still think it's more likely but ???.

Drasius likes this.
  13. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That was my understanding, but you must vote with the info you have gleamed.

14. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I doubt it would make a noticeable difference, his constitution is high and it gets harder to raise stats through hard work as you move along. Troll mothers start preparing their children for a life as warriors or at least as a race with no allies when they are children. So while the constitution of the troll mercenaries was really high, it took a decade or more to get to that point.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  15. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hmm i'd be pretty happy with regeneration, like ultramarines easy, usable, can get to tier 2 lvl 2 quickly has 2 worm courpses already..

Great rational thought or clarity of thought and superhuman intuition would be next. doubt though that this would help in the short term..

16. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Boosts to Memory, Recollection, Intuition and Learning Retention would be good, as would improvements in his MA Stats (/would boost his Psionic potential & mental defences) and Base Intellect and Instincts.
    For Soul then improvements in basic Soul Strength, Defences, Spirit&Soul Magic Resistance and Strength, Soul Senses and of course for his Bond with Alma to be increased/Strengthened.

17. Cire122

Cire122 Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It was my understanding that he would get one boon and based on what he absorbed gave a % chance of what the boon would be. So right now he has a 2% chance at metal bones, a 6% chance at regeneration, and a 92% at nothing. This roulette spin would be triggered once he hits 100 points or once the 25 day timer ran out. Also, regeneration seems like the easiest boon from a writing perspective. Always being just enough to save the day and math only being spelled out some time when needed.

Joe Schmoe and ShoughtLoud like this.
  18. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think he accumulates maybe a few more random points then absorbs enough quickening fruit to fill the remainder. Then he gets celestially augmented in some way and gets one bonus upgrade for fulfilling the optional requirement.

Drasius likes this.
  19. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Absorb Alma's shed Scales and get a boost to his MA (Mental Aegis / Psionic Stat).

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
  20. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    She's not Tier two (that we know of) yet though. Kinda hoping Psi crystals are though ya boy needs a bow

Drasius and Andrew Lynas like this.