Absorbing Tier 2 Energy (body-strengthening).

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Andrew Lynas, Feb 6, 2020.

1. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

92%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well if vassalage is akin to a vow, the moment they break it or attempt to break it could cause a battle of wills. I'm guessing betrayal wouldn't be a bonus in the leaving parties column.

Book 8 quote about vassals:
    This bond serves the same function as a Vow or Favor, but is several times more powerful. You may convince other beings to serve you in this capacity, but they cannot be directly forced to do so. Remember, Choice is the essence of Chaos!

Looks as though it may even be worse. They can't be forced into vassalage, they have to choose it. By breaking a choice badly they may actually be in for a world of hurt. Leaving on mutual terms or being cast from Richter's side is probably the only good way for them to leave his service

Joe Schmoe, 2tymes and Johan like this.
  2. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

46%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I too think that he will get Multiple benefits and upgrades, the amount depending on the % amount corresponding the the % of upgrade points of things he's Absorbed.

3. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 3 (Apprentice) Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think he will have a chance to receive each of the upgrades with a probability equal to their % multiplied by some factor, and with the guarantee that he will receive at least 1.
    My guess is he will end up with 2 or 3.