Absorbing Tier 2 Energy (body-strengthening).

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Andrew Lynas, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    While the laughing skull spell is very useful to Beyan as it is his only direct damage spell. Richter has so many others that the Laughing Skull is superfluous.

2. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    But still useful (especially against Life creatures or when spamming spells) and can help him to increase his Death Magic Skill Level.

3. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm pretty certain that it was mentioned that it was a simple Life Spell, so probably not that high a Levelled Life Magic Spell.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
    Dragon likes this.
  4. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well, that depends. Elemental advantages and disadvantages could make a death attack spell critical against some creatues. Life creatures are not necesarily benign, creatures of death are not necesarily evil. There may come a day where Richter has to fight a monstrosity born out of life, evergrowing, everchanging, and immune to nearly all magic, except its counterpart.

Cire122 likes this.
  5. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Laughing Skull Spell would have been fairly effective against those Regenerating Worms, what with them being Life Creatures.

6. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There should be ranks of the spell and counter necromancer ranks to raise dead that wasn't ensorcelled well enough.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  7. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm thinking that it probably Prevents the same Rank and probably one above it from Raising the Dead, and maybe making it a bit more Mana expensive for the one above that? Although enough Ambient Death Magic over long enough might well eventually Wear away at the Spell and have them Rise as Undead, possibly true for a strong enough Channelled Animate Dead Spell, but it probably wouldn't normally be worthwhile doing so I would think.

I'm also thinking that that Anti-Animate Spell might be Low Level but not the bottom Rank, probably at least Uncommon and possibly likely Rare.

8. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm with Dragon on this. I can't imagine that Novice live magi would commonly have a spell that just lets them shut down Apprentice necromancers. Undoubtedly there would be a Weak version of the spell that could be learned by Novices or Initiates, but I highly doubt it would allow them to straight up counter Minor level death spells, or that it would have any effect at all on Common rank spells. Such a spell might slow or increase it's cost of a similar ranked death spell or maybe force the necromancer to focus harder. Now I can see an Enhanced rank spell completely shutting down Weak and Minor animation spells.

9. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Do you think that water from the pool of clarity, can increase his tier 2 body. got to stay hydrated with the best water.

Dragon and PokemonThug like this.
  10. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sure when you will get concentraded clarity water, by boiling down 100 liters of standart water

11. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well thats a funny thought.

Hmm, good question. You'd probably have to sacrifice the bones, which would be a major waste.

12. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ya, don't kill the golden goose. Though test to see what would kill it, a notification warning should be provided.

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  13. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Trying to Absorb some of the Water would be a good idea, might give either a Boost to Intellect or a small but Permanent Experience increase.

14. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Overkill its like saying lets rip out of the wall the crystal heart of the crystal garden and use it for crystal dust concentrated lol..

15. Michael Clack

Michael Clack Level 5 (Veteran) Exiles Citizen

17%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    so far we have health regen and iron bones. I think that the perks are derived from the beasts so if I look back..

Rock giant - increased natural armor/ stone skin
    Void mauler - chain of dominance ability(Like tame but 100% effective against lower level creatures and permanent until death)
    Crypt mistress- allure undead. Undead beings are attracted to you.
    Mountain troll - health regen/ regrow limbs

What else?

16. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Chaotic Reptile / High steel adder - Camouflage (though he basically already gets this from his bloodline now, it could be a powerful combination)

17. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Is that you the old Michael?! from the old forum?
    I see regen as an ability of ultramarines.. still I think only it will not be enough. we will also need something from grey knights.. rational thinking and taking action?

Michael Clack likes this.
  18. Michael Clack

Michael Clack Level 5 (Veteran) Exiles Citizen

17%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It certainly is ol' Thug. Lol. How ya been? I look forward to you eloquent arguments on this forum as well.

19. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If it works like the mauler's regen, it's plenty powerful on its own. 0.25hp x Character level / min is what the mauler had and dungeon bosses got, so for Richter it'd be 11.25 hp per minute or 675 an hour (A little over 2/3rds of his overall health right now).
    The Mountain troll however seemed like it had a bit more active regen, even able to speed it up by consuming bloody flesh.

20. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If he can find and Absorb a T2(+) version of that Metal Eating Bear he might get either the Ability to Sense the Location of Metals or the Ability to Absorb Temporary Incorporate Eaten Metals into his Teeth&Nails, maybe even Bones? Or better yet get both Abilities.

Absorb a Spider Creature and possibly go the Spiderman route, Walk Climbing or Web Generation/Slinging, or Proximity Danger Sense? Maybe one of those for different Spider Species and so he could get all in time?

Sensory Boosts or entirely new Senses from different Creatures, Thermal Vision, Sonar, ect.

Kill and Absorb something with Shape-Shifting Capabilities and gain a Minor Shape-Shifting Ability, say can grow small claws, fangs, scales, (so can increase natural defence and unarmed combat damage?), or minor changes to appearance or body build, ect.

I'm hoping that he will Absorb something that will Awaken in him basic beginner Psionic Skills and Abilities, as well as his MA Stats.

ShoughtLoud likes this.