Absorbing Tier 2 Energy (body-strengthening).

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Andrew Lynas, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Indeed, in fact I've suggested that he try Absorbing her Shedd Scales next time he increases her Natural Armour now that she has Evolved, assuming that he can get to her before his Flux Quest runs out.

Cire122 likes this.
  2. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Has anyone considered that some of the plague squad could possibly be tier two?

If so will their death give Ricther any points toward his flux quest?

What would that possibly offer him?

3. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Plague bringer. Its impossible for you to gain statpoints except for levelling bonuses. All levelling bonuses are halved. Once per week you will lose one random stat point down to a minimum of 5 in each category.

You have a 50% chance of infecting anyone you touch or who get into a range of 500 yards of you with a randomly chosen disease. This ability is triggered once every 30 seconds and diseases stack. Those who die from your diseases will count as your kills.

4. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    OK, ok, I see where your going but how about disease immunity/ high resistance, with a carrier mod? Something a little less harbinger of pestilence, but still potentially catastrophic.

You are immune to diseases up to the _____rank and poisons up to ____ rank.
    For poisons you are immune to, instead of poison damage you will receive XP equal to the damage it would have incurred (very minor so not great for leveling but XP is XP but also doesn't add a new health potion to his repertoire. Can change based on ability level).
    Exposure to diseases you are immune to will cause you to carry the diseases for a period of 1 week, or until you are cleansed. Timer will reset if you infect another person with the disease you carry. If your victims die from the disease they will provide you with 2% of their accumulated XP. Loss of 1 relationship ranks per disease rank with victims you infect.

5. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Might work as well.

Now that I think of it, would a plague squad have been responsible for wiping out 99.999999998% of all pixies?

I've been arguing that they are probably not above tier 2, tier 3 at worst. Its not worth it for the courts to send their biggest guns out just yet. But tier 2 seems likely, with each squad being a serious threat to the village on their own. They might go down eventually if they fought the mist army head on, but the price would be huge.

6. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don’t think they will all be tier 2. I would think the biggest 1 or 2 hitters could possibly be tier two.

Just because they are called the plague squad doesn’t mean they actually spread the plague. I would imagine that they would plague you untill they hunt you down and kill you. They might be like a plague on the kingdom spreading death by blade.

I would also think that all of the plague squad would have a real high endurance and constitution. They could also have some regeneration abilities. That is the higher leveled ones might.

7. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah I’m thinking a ZERO percent chance of the plague squad killing off the Pixies.

8. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Tier 2 is special in the peninsula and masters are effectively unheard of, let alone higher tiers of skill. But what about more developed parts of the land? The peninsula seems from some of what has been said a wartorn backwater cursed with ancient magic and plenty of ancient evils. It has the potential for greatness, but has actualized very little of it.

9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I said a plague squad, not this particular one. Someone had to spread the sentient disease across the many, many continents, islands and regions containing pixiekind.

10. Gurston

Gurston Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

98%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Plague Squad works for the Dark Court, the King of the Light Court was the one that sent the disease after the pixies

11. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Do we have confirmation that throughout time there has only been a single plague squad and this unit worked for the dark court?

Because otherwise, I am still talking about A plague squad that would have been active tens of thousands of years earlier, back when the pixie genocide was just getting going.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  12. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We know that the light king thought it would be interesting to have the dark court's current Plague Squad and their light court counterparts (Vindicators) meet in the land. Kinda doubt the light court would have a squad named 'plague squad' because even though they're terrible people they seem to be on a holier than thou shtick.

Now could the Vindicators or other squad of the light court done the dirty deed sure, again their terrible people, but they probably would ha e called it a "cleansing" or something.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  13. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I really don't see them being on a holier than thou stick. They use celestial, heavenly and divine magic, but its not like those are limited solely to good beings. Most of those who use them are good, but the courts are universally evil and enjoy being what they are. They have made no apologies for what they are, no real justifications other than something being convenient. They plan to murder billions of innocents to get out of their prison.

14. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I see you took holier than thou as a thing for good beings. That was not my intent. I meant that they come across as looking down upon others while praising certain... clean... virtues. Their way is the only way, and they need to cleanse the heathens etc. They like clean things, quiet order, bells chiming to announce arrivals, polished marble, vaulted ceilings, people in their place, worship of sorts (7 higher planes, multiples of 7 steps, Big ass central throne for the king to be praised) etc. Whereas the Dark Court seems to enjoy more of the opposite, torture dungeons, screams, gore and the like. Not that either court doesn't also partake in the actions of the other (I'm sure the dark court has a big ol throne chamber, and the light king tortured the guy in front of a lot of people), but I'm still sticking by my utterance of Holier than thou for the Light court. They seem more the type to go on a crusade.

Dragon likes this.
  15. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    True but often people use the holier than thou to mean someone false, someone who claims to be better than others while being secretly far worse.

As for crusades, there are plenty of justifiable reasons for one, not just the kind of made up reason someone like either court would use justification for their actions. The reconquista in spain for example started as an effort to push the moorish invaders back out of Europe. Several of the smaller crusades were fought in Italy to destroy the emirates established there through Jihad and free the native peoples. Even Jerusalem, while it had admittedly been under islamic rule for a long time, remained a christian city under contant oppression. Attempting to free it was hardly the greatest evil in history.

Other crusades to crush heathens and foreign faiths in their homes were unjustifiable, but crusade does not necesarily mean mindless assault or genocide.

You could make some pretty murky shit in fiction using crusade and witch-hunting mentality. Say a witch hunter with the sight of truth, who hunts down and burns those "marked by the devil", random people cursed to eventually turn into monsters and hunt down those closest to them before going on a rampage. A truly cruel and sadistic author might make cleansing fire the only way to break the mark and allow people to ascend to heaven. Having to burn innocent people, allow them to turn into monsters or condemn them to an eternity of suffering - that shit could get pretty dark. Especially if most people do not believe the seers, but instead view them as the monster makers.

16. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

Well the King of the light court had used a demon. I can’t recall what courtier it was he had put to death. I don’t recall if he liked the sounds of the screams or not. I think it more likely the Light court king would have used another demon to spread his plague to the pixies race.

That demon probably died soon after. Of course that would have been seen as natural caused death.

17. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He used an abyssal lord to tear apart the High Chancellor. Dark court probably summons some high powered celestials for similar purposes.

I doubt they killed the summoned one after he was done with the high chancellor, just let it go back to its plane to do its thing like Richter does with his summons. Why bother killing something totally under the king's control that he brought in?

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  18. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Deniability would be the biggest reason, but no one would care in this care. The courts are planning the genocide of every race in the land, compared to that wiping out just one is a small thing.

19. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sorry, I didn’t make myself clear. I should have separated the two subjects of the Light court Kong’s actions.

1. The light court king had the courtier put to death.

2. The light court king used a plague to kill the pixie race.

I was suggesting he used a Evil being to do both actions. I had also made the suggestion that he might have killed the agent of evil that he employed to spread the pixie plague.

20. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    oooooooohhhhh gotcha. Yeah maybe. Don't see what it gains him, aside from like drag said 'deniability' but...why bother? He has trophies next to his throne of wiping out a Kardeshev Type 2-Type 3 Civilization, an urn of pheonix ashes who's planet he turned into an asteroid field and the skull of a Dragon God. Not sure what he gains by killing the being he hired to spread the plague.