Adventurer Bonus: Relic/Artifact

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Legend-Dairy-Reader, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Anthav

Anthav Level 6 (Footpad) Exiles Citizen

30%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Randy said that when the dungeon was lvl 1 to protect itself from any labyrinth creatures or adventurer's who would try and take the item of power. Now that it's lvl 14 and has multiple floors of much higher level creatures. Consider that the first room on the first floor had 40ish beasts roaming around and the 1st floor lair had "more than a hundred" in the 10-20 lvl range and a lair boss plus wandering monsters outside of those areas they killed on the way to the lair and they still never went through the whole first floor. With 6 floors worth of beasts populated in the dungeon and the 6th has an average lvl of 30-38, add in the creatures from floors 2-5 to the mix and as Randy said about the dungeon in law any creature from the labyrinth is just going to get buried and worn down by the creatures within the dungeon. Add in a potential 50 meidon sprites loosing volley's of imbued magical arrows and yeah most anything that tries to attack the dungeon will get eaten alive if the dungeon would even need to call for defense.

The 14k points is for the village spec not the dungeon lvl to go up, ~360k xp needed for lvl 15, and unless there's something I'm missing neither of those is going to affect the war unless Richter gets another call of the dungeon token. Maybe some more magic affinity with the next level of the spec, maybe even extend that affinity growth to martial skills but....still need to train that affinity up and need to work that into the army to have it mean anything. Most importantly they don't even know they're getting invaded because they feel safe behind the mists so there hasn't been a major focus on defensive measures like raising the wall up higher than 5' just pet projects like putting in some arrow towers, instead it's been infrastructure focused which I agree makes sense with how the story is going.

So yeah I don't think getting the dungeon to lvl 15 or the village spec up will have much, if any, effect on the coming war and will instead rely on traps, tricks, negotiating alliances, and I'm assuming some dwarf ( or troll??? ) mercenaries when the war does happen, I do wonder if the quickening will generate some kind of celestial guardian to protect itself the same way the crystal garden generated one. What I, and Shoughtlord?, were pointing out is that there's a massive amount of DPs generated at base and going down a path of bloodletting/sacrifice to the dungeon isn't necessary, although the garbage chute is an appealing idea, and would not only upset the villagers but it also could be viewed as evil upsetting your kindiir subjects, sprite allies, potential elvish, and potential dwarvish allies. I know this is getting long-winded again ( sorry! ) but one last thing. Prompts are generated by the universe so the "accomplished in one week" is actually just Richters minds interpretation of the reward there's nothing set in stone that rewards are only tied to a one week period from the founding of the village. He got a legendary bonus for gaining 4 levels in a weeks time but that's how he interpreted it and it might have been valid to get a legendary bonus if it was done in 2 weeks or a month and it also could easily decrease in value the longer it goes so instead of a artifact bonus in a week for lvl 6 it could be legendary in 2 weeks and only an epic reward in 3 weeks and so on.

Mister Bill likes this.
  2. Anthav

Anthav Level 6 (Footpad) Exiles Citizen

30%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm a He lol. Glad you liked what I came up with. I'm assuming the tenet bonus will be added in with the DM and Spec bonus area bringing it to 1.7, 527.136/day if that's the correct slot to plug it into. I looked and realized that it was added on day 143 so yeah it should be active now so I was wrong for not including it before.

3. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    These two parts are some interesting unfounded assumptions. Hopefully the latter will actually be proved or disproved. The former will probably never be tested besides as the executioner that did not effect or test much. Just include a safe room where burials and memorials are held in the Dungeon. Add some chairs maybe a cremation section and a commune with dead reflection alcove where the bereft can say goodbye... Or ask were the money was hidden (after death magic is unlocked).

PokemonThug likes this.
  4. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    :D Can't assume these days
    That's what we do here, no shame

5. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Bottom line up front also known TLDR line please.

But provide all quotes with quote date.

6. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Dump non useful Organics into the Sands, would not only feed the Dungeon but help the Sands to create Gems and Oils.

7. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Send fifty guys out with rakes and start piling leaves/ rotting branches/ insects into the sands. Its a forest. Probably won't generate a lot of DP, but for oil and gems it should work just fine.

Have the herbalists and sprites follow along to gather useful herbs/ food as the undergrowth is cleared.

Mister Bill and Johan like this.
  8. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So can you quantify how many years of leaves they will need for a barrel of oil?

I would think rendering animal fat would make oil a lot faster then some biomass raked in.

Although giving a novice magic user the job of casting wind might help develop their skills. That way they would get some training as they blow leaves into the sands.

Mister Bill likes this.
  9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ever been in old growth woodlands? There is a lot of material. As long as you don't rake the forest clean it will be fine for you to take some.

Tell you what, you get fifty hunters and I get fifty rakers. Both groups work from morning to late evening. Both groups get bags of holding for storage.

My guess is that the rakers would end up producing a lot more oil than the hunters. While they are out looking for animals, spending hours on the trail, the rakers are going back and forth with load after load. Sure the conversion is likely 10 pounds of biomaterial gathered from the ground for a pound of animal/humanoid fat (if not better for the fat), but there are a lot more easy sources of biomaterial.

10. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A. The one who will come to take the object of power will not be a simple person. Why do you assume differently?
    f.e. a master Litch.. Master in stealth, can float or fly, has invisibility etc...he will just float to lvl 6 and kill a super weak lvl 33 snake. and not even get any exp, cause not a simple persons and his level will be like 79. So too much of a difference to get any exp. Secondly such a being can just firestorm entire 100 sq feet area and ur archers won't do squat. The growth has to be a continuous process and not be limited by some assumption that we have some 6 floors or 50 basic weak archers or 30 beasts can do anything. we are discussing how to make the dungoen stronger, not weaker.

B. upload_2021-2-18_0-29-35.png
    So with another level in specialization we will get +10% in magic affinities that means more new mages(say we have 5% form 1k dudes at 45% affinity to magics.. so 50 dudes.. we have +-5 schloos of magic to be awokened in them thats like 5/8 so approx => 31.5 new mages and they can be trained!), considering we have 8 basic magics and Richto can bestow 4 types, hearth mom can do earth this is a clear benefit. Plus new Godly bonus, should be even better than a God node. And a new settlement bonus too. Weather 1000 news blood sources and hundreds of dark abbe ration blood viles will give up 360k exp for dungeon lvl 15 we don't know, but it will most def add to the exp.
    Also more resources is super useful and wars tend to be long and very costly both in gold/food/ppl/time...
    Weather focus was or was not is in the past.. Now they know that kindr snitch. And should no longer ignore the bugbears. Wall can be pimped out by the core token, or prob will be finished and upgraded to stone before Richters arrival due to the general buildings level increase. We can even Destroy with fox fire bouth core buildings and build 2 war golems.. I see no reason not to make the MV stronger. But sure test this with 50 volunteers from the guard or better a hundred.
    Also a super op Godly bonus might win us the war right now right here.

C. Blood sac if viable, should be absolutely necessary due to the GODLY Bonus alone, this bonus is three tiers higher then the last one which made Randy gulp and shout.
    Richters mind interprets the messages not rewards or mechanics of the game. Any human needs 1000 exp to reach lvl 1. If my mind is special and I interpret that I only need 10 exp to real lvl 1000 it means that I am a very creative man, but still my lvl is 0. Your interpretation does not change how the world works. Interpretation only adds some sarcastic end action joke/insult translation of an action that you can comprehend in the best possible way as a person(f.e. you are a dumbass for trying to bear-nuckle fight the hillgiant) and only in some cases, there is base for generic messages same for the entire race/world/universe(you killed 1 boar got 10 exp, need 100 to next lvl.). This is the same for everyone.
    Also Randy asked for a precise wording of the node reward that means rewards are understandable and the same for Fishhead and not unique. You are confusing game logic with universes insults for Richtos silly actions.
    f.e. say Randy would be a new boos in MV he would get exactly the same rewards as Richto why should they change. This is superstition. Dungeon can have multiple rooms, like a butchers room. It has nothing to do with upsetting other races, weather we butcher outside or in the dungeon its the same, just better. Haven't seen this type of rewards dragging for a number of weeks and don't think we will. Its just a guess.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    Captain BlackJack likes this.
  11. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Brilliant, way better to honor our dead by Dungeon than take valuable space for mass graves in the Town Center lol.
    The main problem I have with Dungeon is that no one has even tried to level it up. All of it happened by accident. (Including war crime sacrifices lol)

12. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He can do all 8 since he can write level 1 books. Shit he could try for some Deep magicians and Kite magicians as well, though there are drawbacks all around those

PokemonThug likes this.
  13. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    indeed when ur a master in that school of magic and have a lvl 100 in f.e. fire magic.. but however without mastery or pop? can you really do it with just a book? say fire magic? wow thats like 50 mages ritgh there lol

14. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Literally how he learned life, fire, water, and earth, magic in the first place. Found or bought a level one spell book and started slinging

Mister Bill likes this.
  15. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    he also had limitless. But yep 50 new mages u just need lvl 1 spells lol this is super awesom

16. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Which helps it become successful, but anyone with above 50% affinity can do it

PokemonThug likes this.
  17. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Its been well estabiished that level 1+ spellbooks allow people to learn magic. They even have a cavat that if you have less than 50% affinity - minimum for learning at all - the spellbook won't be used. Hence it can be passed from hand to hand.

That means Richter could craft say a dozen of each elemental spell book for which he lacks a master. 5 or so for each of the deeper elements - with the cavat that anyone successfull will receive mental training from Alma before being allowed to advance in addition to being required to swear additional oaths restricting them should they fall under the sway of these magics - and perhaps 1 for chaos magic.

That would allow him to explore much of their magical potential, though obviously there could be some saint with 100% affinity for celestial magic and he wouldn't know.

Mister Bill, AndyJ and ShoughtLoud like this.
  18. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Drag, I live in the woods and I’m very acquainted with them. If you were going to harvest leaves in a attempt to make oil why not get it all. It takes very little fertilizer replace those lost nutrients. Spreading dung would in those areas would work. Ricther should be growing under crops anyway so that area should be planted.

Why do you cut off the idea of adding animal fat to only those hunted? Swine yield large amounts along with many other creatures.

I understand your desire to be green. Thinking that the Sprites might get upset with doing anything besides being green. At that you miss major sources of oil if that’s your real desire. I don’t think the Sprites would have much of an issue as long as you are not destroying or corrupting nature itself. Using anything to become stronger is actually a Sprite ideal.

I only mentioned animal fats as they are one of the fastest sources to gain oil from harvest to oil. The other true green method you left out completely. All Ricther needs to do is add oily crops such as rapeseed to the villages crop list. Then those harvest could be added to the sands or made directly into oil. His village does need some oil production for multiple uses. It’s likely they already have grown some beans or other grains that could be used as well.

19. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    My point is that there is an easily accessible source of biomaterial that the sands can turn into oil, a process that takes it a short while versus the millions of years it takes normally.

Throwing some dung cannot replenish the insects, mushrooms, bacteria and so on that a healthy forest depends on. When you remove too much material from the forest floor in can damage the local environment.

Animal fat can be used for cooking, especially in a medieval culture where sources of fat or oil are relatively scarce compared to the modern western world. I personally enjoy a good brown sauce which amongst other things can contain deer, pig or duck fat. Makes for a great meal along with some sønderjysk calliflower, potatoes, boiled red cabbage, some caramelized potatoes and of course some cuts from the animal the fat originates from.

I agree they should plant crops that can be harvested for oil. Its an important step towards becoming self reliant in terms of food production.

20. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Manure would definitely replace the nutrients.