All things Dungeon

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Captain BlackJack, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The mining skill, mist root tea, his connection to his place of power, it could all work together for a greater connection to the Land. That connection might make his map more like a magic ball giving general areas to search for people and strong magic.

Dragon likes this.
  2. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If Ricther does find other magically charged items, plants, creatures, etc........... could relocating them into closer proximity increase the ambient mana enough to trigger a specific density of ambient mana to a greater saturation of creativity? Where as the Land would spawn even a higher tier item, plant, creature, metal, etc........

I believe I postulated this on the previous site.

I see this similar to EMR and EMFs. In electrical power lines we see the loss of electricity by electrical magnetic radiation in a singular power line. Where as when we mount three parallel lines equally distanced from each other the generate a stronger electro magnetic field. The magnetic radiation creating a new electrical field reduces overall line loss as it generates a higher magnetic field. It reduces the loss of ambient radiation in the inner field. The outer field still has loss but the inner field loss is reduced by the three wires new magnetic field.

Shout should be capable of giving a better explanation then I have attempted.

I believe that magic radiating ambient mana would work the same way. If more mana lines are squeezed together they should reach a greater saturation point in the center and loose less mana there as the density of the mana field is highly saturated.

So will three magic cores at a specific distance reach a higher mana field between the three cores. Would that effect the cores out put as they leak less mana in the inner mana field?

PokemonThug likes this.
  3. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    One should always be ready to check the EMR & EMF poisoning in your living area..
    Interesting idea.. we don't get a lot of them at the moment..
    • Mana Pylon/Storage building increasing MV mana pool by 1k. prob 1.1k with building lvl 1 not 0.
    • Planting some tier 2 plants, seeds, catching some tier 2 beasts to train them in the area..
    • Level up the Dungeon Adventurer specialization! Ambien mana seepage +30%.. -> +40%...
    Dungeon_Specialization_lvl5.JPG
    Mana cultivation and increase the number of Tier 2 beings -> Richto, Alma, Hisako etc...

4. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    My thinking is if Ricther where to have three or more more magical items placed within the right distance he could create a ambient field of energy. Something similar to the use of running three power lines together. The immediate area around those items having an even higher ambient mana due to its field could cause some affects on the surrounding plants, animals, or items steeped in that higher mana field. The center of the field having a higher saturation of mana.

That could possibly be another reason the great seal is Ricthers strongest place to cast or enchant from.

5. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Interesting.. plausible.. would like to try that
    However Core Golumn or Core sacrifice to the Dungeon(yes after all the possible considerations, room building(free 3 dungeon rooms), DKs recomendations etc or core Dungoen), or core POP.

6. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Book 8
    Chapter 7
    Audible
    10:00 - 11:00

7. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So some goes in, more goes out.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  8. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "No, you got it right. The Dungeons raise the ambient mana levels in the surrounding lands, through mana seepage. They (the Dungeons) even refine the mana a bit, which I guess means there's going to be a point where raw /unrefined mana just isn't gonna be good enough for something or someone."
    bold claim, then how did the beasts in the MV forest evolve? Only due to 4 powers being awakened?! Or the Dungeon beasts?
    Sounds like @ShoughtLoud is mixing up plp cultivation with beast "cultivation"..

9. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The beasts are definitely evolving due to the massive amounts of ambient mana coming from awakening the remaining PoP Powers. I'm not saying the Dungeon increases the ambient mana as much as a Power does, but it does increase it.

10. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Fey portal on a "good" day also should add to this manaphobia lol

11. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Dungeons are the greatest of mimics. At least that’s he I see them.

I stand by my theory on dungeons.

See my mama theory on this thread page 10 it’s my 4th post.

Just think of the dungeon as an ASU (Air Seperation Unit). It consumes ambient mana like air. Then once refined the pure mana seeps out of the dungeons storage.

12. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That is how dungeons work in the ten realms, where afinity mana (earth,air,etc) get cleansed of the element. However the land has no such mechanic, at least that we are aware of. Of course MV hasn’t done even the most basic magical research yet so...

13. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree we haven’t been given all the mechanics from Aleron. Yet we know the dungeons absorb mana then refines it. Afterwards it seeps back out.

That leads me to believe that the dungeons have a naturally built in system similar to ASUs with leaky bladders. Perhaps the dungeons use its portals (entrances/gateways) For more then keeping living things in or out. It could also use those portals as a diaphragm for the respiration of ambient mana.

As much as Aleron borrows from others he could be borrowing from Ten Realms as well.

14. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You might be stretching this with "refining".. Dungeon CONSUMES! rawrr...
    refinement is for Thinking beasts like everyone or Men like ELF Roswan!

15. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Nope the Dungeon absorbs it, refines it, then it seeps it back out.

16. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Refine = large quanties of low level/density mana becomes small amount of high level/density mana.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  17. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Book 8
    Chapter 22
    Audible
    29:18 to 31:30

18. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Book 8
    Audible
    Chapter 22
    19:48-20:57

Chapter 22
    21:54-22:50

I do wonder why the HoEH’s would have multiple entrances in the same city. I don’t think it was trying to save someone a long walk. Thinking about the HOEH’s how many masters and keepers has it had? If the HoEH’s grew slower and without a keeper how much of a difference would that make?

We know keepers can guide the dungeons in placing their entrances. We were also told that the HoEH’s one keeper was at great odds with the new King. They did kill his family trying to entice him out of the dungeon. So perhaps he had the entrances placed around Yves to avoid the king and his men. Although, I doubt the dungeon developed its first and second entrance during that keepers time.

Ricthers dungeon grew so fast that it has reached level 14 before he ever had a chance to add a new entrance. At this point his dungeon has the ability to act as a portal directly to the labyrinth. It also has the ability to create its on dimensional space and is no longer bound to the place it occupies.

So with the HoEH the first two additional entrances would have been limited to the dungeons location. Unlike Ricthers dungeon being capable of creating its on inter dimensional space when it obtained its first two entrances. Not being bound to the location it occupies any longer sure gives Ricther some choices. As long as Ricther keeps those choices close to the dungeons motivations I think the dungeon will bend around to do as he wishes.
    Book seven mentioned that connecting a dungeon to a major population or another dungeon will help feed the dungeon bonus mana. That just seems like a motivation that the dungeon will want.

19. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Dungeon in Law never had had a Dungeon Master to influence it's actions and it's last Dungeon Keeper was killed at least couple of centuries ago (probably quite a bit longer then that) so its been making Entrances where ever it feels like for at least that long, plus there was all those times before that the Royal Family of Law didn't have a Keeper (I got the impression that there hadn't been many of them). Also the Dungeon was already up and running for who knows how long even before it was discovered by the founders of Law.

20. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Book 8
    Audible
    Chapter 22
    19:48-20:57

Chapter 22
    21:54-22:50

I do wonder why the HoEH’s would have multiple entrances in the same city. I don’t think it was trying to save someone a long walk. Thinking about the HOEH’s how many masters and keepers has it had? If the HoEH’s grew slower and without a keeper how much of a difference would that make?

We know keepers can guide the dungeons in placing their entrances. We were also told that the HoEH’s one keeper was at great odds with the new King. They did kill his family trying to entice him out of the dungeon. So perhaps he had the entrances placed around Yves to avoid the king and his men. Although, I doubt the dungeon developed its first and second entrance during that keepers time.

Ricthers dungeon grew so fast that it has reached level 14 before he ever had a chance to add a new entrance. At this point his dungeon has the ability to act as a portal directly to the labyrinth. It also has the ability to create its on dimensional space and is no longer bound to the place it occupies.

So with the HoEH the first two additional entrances would have been limited to the dungeons location. Unlike Ricthers dungeon being capable of creating its on inter dimensional space when it obtained its first two entrances. Not being bound to the location it occupies any longer sure gives Ricther some choices. As long as Ricther keeps those choices close to the dungeons motivations I think the dungeon will bend around to do as he wishes.
    Book seven mentioned that connecting a dungeon to a major population or another dungeon will help feed the dungeon bonus mana. That just seems like a motivation that the dungeon will want.