All things Dungeon

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Captain BlackJack, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I believe it is semi sentient now and I do believe that the bloodstone is still trying to gain complete control of the dungeon. If you recall my theory that the blood stone had captured a dungeon entity and was trying to harness it like the blood mages it consumed.

2. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I believe Ricthers dungeon is the only dungeon in the land that that has the ability to use chaos magic at this time. If that happens to be true every Chaotic item drop it makes should alert the banks that a new item has been found. Then it will need to be appraised by the banks. Ricther might as well try and work out something with the banks for a local appraisal office. If Ricther did work that out it would make it a lot harder for any trader to take advantage of Ricther as long as he had his items appraised by the bank.

3. Belgared

Belgared Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would with the statement that it was trying to harness it. I think that it is trying to assimilate the dungeon so it becomes part of itself. Also a bloodstone dungeon would be much more difficult to destroy when opposed to just a bloodstone.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  4. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Only if richter has the dungeon confiscated the item in question. The shard didn’t become an issue till richter set it to be confiscated.

5. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I thought the bank was notified when he opened the reliquary and received the shard. So you think it was a treasury function instead of a Dungeon function to alert the banks?

Honestly, I haven’t even considered that as a possibility.

Thanks a lot!

Now besides listening to the prologues AGAIN now I need to listen to the Reliquary and bank alert!

Thanks for all the homework.
    :confused:;)

6. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Banks were notified and got involved when Richter tried to set up a Payment & Confiscation system for the Chaos Sparks.

7. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Lynas, If you were Ricther would you set the Dungeons treasury to confiscate all Chaotic items?

I sure would!

8. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not necessarily, at least not now that he knows about the banking problems.

9. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Its a question of cost. Richter only has so many funds for buying chaotic items and it also needs to be worth foregoing whatever else that money could have bought.

10. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This problem will largely be reduced once he snags a couple Chaotic vassals. A steady weekly supply of a minimum of 4 points makes the first stratum an EZ Mart. With two vassals and so an average of 16 CP per week, he might even allow chaotic particles not to be confiscated so that he can attract more chaos seeds to the Dungeon. Still confiscate any drop above 20 CPs but some low trickle of points would draw in the customers who haven't ascended yet.

11. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Drag, that’s the point isn’t it. Ricther does have a limited amount of gold. The Banks made the offer for an interview. They wanted chance to inspect and appraise the chaos particle as it was a new item to the land. In return Ricther gets a lump sum and the relationship points.

Considering Ricther gets to set the original price for unseen items until they are appraised. He should be able to collect a lot of chaotic items at little expense. Eventually they will be appraised and someone will get the money and points. Every additional chaotic item that hasnt ever been appraised will be sought by the banks. Ricther could take this opportunity to collect chaos items on the cheap until they are all appraised by the banks.

Having what I believe is the only Dungeon in the Land that has awakened Chaos magic Ricther can continue to work the system as he already has. Plus all those chaotic charged items collected should still bring that first time appraisal and grant some relationship points. Ricther has the ability to make a lot of good money. In doing so he can also build a very good relationship with the banks. Ricther has a great opportunity if he works it right. From building an appraisal office with a vault to building his own bank Ricther has choices.

Mister Bill likes this.
  12. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Dungeon treasury only confiscates items that would otherwise have dropped from a lootball and it compensates with cash not cp.

As for what Richter can earn from his vassals, no doubt he will spend as much on the liege page. Has to be a reason for them to give Richter chaos points, with checks and balances and all that,

13. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That could be many years off. Whosoever goes would have to travel thousands of miles across seas and lands controlled by warlords and monsters.

Randolphus warned Richter not to accept the quest. We don't know whether he feared the banks themselves, one of their employees getting greedy, or the attention a bank visit would draw to the village. Especially once it becomes known that a new item has been found, one that might allow for research into the nature of a higher power, which could eventually lead to a process for awakening chaos magic in those with the affinity.

We'll have to wait and see whether other chaotic items trigger the banks and they come running.

14. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree we don’t really know what made Randy react the way he did. I believe it will be because of the power they have but even more so the attention it would bring the small village with all its extremely rare and powerful items. Randy understands that people from all over would attack them for what they have.

15. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Is this where we talk about the mythic reward they got for advancing the village specialization to lvl 4 in a week?

16. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sure, Reliquaries of the Labyrinth right?

17. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yup! And the god node.

My theory for the first is that the labyrinth will supply the loot balls. So they could be anything. Or maybe it’ll only be for bosses or other special occasions.

Maybe a god node will either attach to a different realm or draw in far more nodes than a master node will.

18. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    good thoughts!

We've also guessed things like the reliquaries will spawn at labyrinth rates (closer to 66% of the time rather than the current 15-20~)
    Just thought of this one, what if instead of massively improving the Dungeon drops, the Blood Balls actually get added to the Labyrinth drop pool and lead the people who get them to the BotCS?

As for God node it's up in the air. We've also guessed it might draw in master nodes like a master node draws in node roads/ regular nodes, and there might also be an allusion to what they do in God's eye but nothing concrete and spoilers if you haven't read it.

Really sucked that we didn't get meaningful conclusions to some of the prompts we were looking forward to from book 7 the most :/

Belgared and Mister Bill like this.
  19. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, that does stink. And I did read God’s Eye. I’m re-reading book 8 right now and liking it better than the first time. It’s still unfortunately mostly filler. Hopefully book 9 comes soon and is massive and great.

I like the idea of it drawing in master nodes or connecting to his uncle. Good ideas.

20. Belgared

Belgared Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm just hoping that in book 9 we get some answers in regards to buildings, as in will the barracks produce any special units or have special training. The dungeon I would like to see what new creatures it can create, and where it will place them on its multiple floors. I'm hoping we also get multiple resource spawn locations and traps for future adventurer teams. As well with the denser mana in the village boundaries that should mean that the dungeon will acquire multiple new beasts from the outside like the jenith prowlers.