All things Dungeon

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Captain BlackJack, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yes to all of this. And more war leaders from the barracks and maybe something special from the healer’s hut and scholars’ building, as well. Plus hopefully Randy can do stuff from the town hall while Richter is away.

The dungeon should be very interesting with its higher levels, increased folks and monsters from the labyrinth, and tons of new creatures (and maybe powers) from the fight.

Plus Richter needs to get back and awaken his people’s powers.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  2. Belgared

Belgared Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What do you mean by "his people's powers"?

Mister Bill likes this.
  3. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He unlocked all 4 of the place of power’s Magics. Now he can unlock those for his people.

4. Belgared

Belgared Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ok I see, yea I agree that needs to be done. Though don't know if Richter will arrive to his village in book 9.

Mister Bill likes this.
  5. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ugh. I really hope he does and then the traders and caravan and others show up and he deals with them (initially) with a cliffhanger of Tamitu and Roswan going nuts.

6. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    At a minimum, I hope the cliff hangar is at least him showing up in the mist village.

Mister Bill likes this.
  7. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Crazy Theories:
    the God Node will either ease the creation of Node Roads, allow jumping to Master Nodes or jumping to Node Roads on other worlds, potentially on ones that gods can still visit (like Telos).

Tamitu is Roswan's crazy ex or hateful of mustaches and will try to shave it off.

With the Dungeon's quick jump in power it will attract more Labyrinth creatures.

Some of the Sprites might resist unlocking Dark Magic because it is associated with negative alignments.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  8. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That would be death more than dark, but its not like there aren't benevolent paths to take there. Spirit shaman for example.

That said I think there will be many sprites with an affinity for dark magic. A quarter of the Meidon's if no one else.

9. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It also might not, I don't know how cerebral the community of the Labyrinth is but a level 90 something mauler and 6 of its best pets went to a level 1 dungeon and were... Well not spit back out, but summarily defeated. At a minimum if the Labyrinth creatures "feel" the presence of dungeons to travel too it would be ominous that that baddy didn't take down a very new Dungeon.

10. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    More Labyrinth monster should definitely be drawn to the dungeon. The Mauler didn’t just stumble into the dungeon. I don’t think there is any doubt that the unique power of the dungeon attracted the Mauler. I am certain that the Chaotic Bloodstone was the maulers target. Now that the Dungeon has grown in power and “twanged” the strings of its chaotic magical ability something else should have felt it. There is absolutely no way the use of chaotic magic didn’t reverberate across the web of the Labyrinth. Anything that feeds on strong magical powers will be looking for the center of Dungeons power.

What if the god node was a method the gods used to transverse worlds? Could it be that the god nodes had been destroyed after the gods had traveled to Telos for a war? Would a normal adventurer really want to travel a god node? What type of worlds, realms, plains, or Dungeons will a god node connect?

Mister Bill likes this.
  11. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Lots of good ideas here! And I think labyrinth creatures will show up, too, for sure. And adventurers.

Dragon likes this.
  12. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ugh 300 new posts since the last I saw this thread. TLDR? lol.

Lots to read through.

13. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    tldr:
    [​IMG]

Johan and Belgared like this.
  14. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Because I believe that pixie is from the Litch assault not the Goblin assault, there will be more sakaru pixies stuck to the wall (unless Monsters bk 8 expressly disproves this). They must be removed before the become corrupted too or eaten by the Dungeon... Unless they are providing a magic tap for their various magics associated with them. It would be slow, but some is better than none.

Mister Bill likes this.
  15. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I still don't think a dungeon can eat a living adventurer or monster without killing it first. Besides it took time for the first batch to transform, and some of them were convinced to take other paths by their mother. I'm looking forward to seeing at least one of them come back as the land version of treebeard.

Pixies have a special status. Its possible that while adventurers and most intelligent races in general can't enter a locked dungeon, a regular pixie simply won't regjster the same way, but more as a monster would. They don't have skills either.

Mister Bill likes this.
  16. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If it was a dungeon created pixie, then why did killing it fulfill the quest Elora gave Richter?

Mister Bill and ShoughtLoud like this.
  17. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, I don’t think so. I didn’t get that impression at all. I think all pixies are currently accounted for and that future sakuru ones will be rare.

18. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think when the pixie is with the sprite in battle they'd first go into a small rage and try to kill whatever killed their sprite, getting splattered in the process. Being separated like in the goblin battle deprives them of this initial reaction which could cause them to focus solely on the loss, thus running off with the grief and finding something new to bond to.

Not that it won't happen in future battles, but I think we'll be alright from at least this battle. Recurring abyssal pixie quest is kinda bleh right out the gate.

Mister Bill likes this.
  19. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If it is crystallized in the wall of the Dungeon, I don't see a problem with it syphoning off some magic.

It didn't take time for the first pixies to transform. There is no reason for that, it would have been instant. The Queen was only able to shove a few of them into trees, the others flew off. Of course not all of them turned at the same time because the sprites didn't die at the same time, so she would have been able to save a few.

Mister Bill likes this.
  20. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ya more were made when they died.

Mister Bill and Belgared like this.