All things Dungeon

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Captain BlackJack, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The pixie queen tells us that the pixies are overwhelmed with anger and sorrow, to the point of mindlessness. So what is more likely in that scenario, that they throw themselves at the enemy till they die (likely killing several in the process, a pixie with razorblade wings and covered in thorns is no joke, Richter backed off from the one he faced for a reason. Imagine a manuevering, flying knife that can think, and you have a pixie in warform) or fly off to find something to bond with?

Besides the Dungeon cannot create pixies regardless of how many it might consume. Just it cannot create rock giants, dragons, mountain trolls or gnomes. They are not in the animal/beast category.

I see plenty of problems with the Dungeon being able to syphon magic from a weakened adventurer/invader from a mechanics perspective.

Mister Bill likes this.
  2. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Im not suggesting it create pixies or consume (so it dies). What is the Dungeon going to do with one crystallized/bonded in its wall.

3. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ricther didn’t kill it. Nor did he choose to save it.

He basically only received a notice that the Pixie was dead. He wasn’t given credit for killing it as Elora had asked him to. If he had he would have full filled the quest. What was your quote above?

He neither killed it nor choose to save it.

4. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It being said that ten Meidon died could mean that the whole coupling was gone. It didn’t say ten Meidon Sprites had died. It didn’t single out any pixies dying either.

Just ten Meidon and ten Wood Sprites had died.

Mister Bill likes this.
  5. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That’s right she said mindlessness. At that point they would be like a mindless click clack. I also believe that Ricthers dungeon can spawn more then serpents or beast. It is unlimited due to his abilities. It did say that the dungeon learned all the forms it successfully consumed. It said even though it could make some of them right away it thought it would be able to spawn others in time.

As far as consuming magic I think it can consume anything in ambient energy. Also a Chrysalis could been seen as an item or a living thing. I think it’s just how it’s used. A Chrysalis could be used as a power source alone reducing it to a non sentient being or just an item makes it possible.

6. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It would consume all of the ambient energy it would give off. I think the greater question is what had happened with every single Sakaru that formed a Chrysalis in other living things?

The dungeon is a living thing as well. It also consumes and learns ambient magic.

Mister Bill likes this.
  7. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Actually the quest description said mindlessness i'm sorry if that wasn't clear, Elora said the sakaru were lost in anger and sorrow which carries different implication namely that the Sakaru would want vengeance above all else. With the enemy right in front of them there is a natural outlet for that anger.

The Dungeon did not learn all the forms consumed, but it learned some. There is a chance of it learning any creature that dies within, but not a certainty so some of the more unique creatures in the lich's army may not have been copied. Some of those forms it could recreate as it was at that moment, some it sensed it would be able to recreate in the future and some were beyond it.

A pixie-chrysalis is a living thing containing a sentient being.

The dungeon can spawn creatures from the animal and beast cathegories assuming it gets a sample and has the requisite power. If a being is not in those categories the Dungeon cannot spawn it until it somehow gains that category, possibly through the Dungeon store.

Mister Bill and ShoughtLoud like this.
  8. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So at least one Meidon sprite died, causing one sakaru... Maybe a life one.

9. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Rereading the chrysalis, it does apparently does also protect it from most everything. So it shoots down most stuff from that wall bonded pixie unfortunately. Oh well I can still hope for the ambient energy it gives off.

10. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I suspect that the Pixie was just in the area that the Blood Stone Dungeon Transported itself to outside th he Must Village and then became imprisoned in it due to not having a Mark and so couldn't leave.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    ShoughtLoud likes this.
  11. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I suppose it is possible that the dungeon landed on it. It still doesn’t seem right.

How far away or how long did it take for Hisako and Ricther to reach the enemy encampment?

From the end of the battle to the bloodstone teleportation how much time transpired?

I know that Pixies are fast but would that be in the realm of time?

It could even be possible it was teleported with the bloodstone. Although that would make me question why it hadn’t flown off looking for that one thing it needs to bond with. I would also question why it would have flown into a cavern
    That had been emptied of all living things as it was collapsing.

Mister Bill likes this.
  12. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Good point! I missed that.

13. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I doubt that. The dungeon is a being of great power so the sakuru would have wanted to bond with it. Makes way more sense that way, even if the dungeon wouldn’t be changed by it (or it would take forever to change the dungeon).

14. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I doubt that a Pixie could Bond with a Dungeon, it's just to different for that to work.

15. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So are you saying the Pixie wasn’t bonded to the Dungeon?

My understanding is that when the Pixie forms a Chrysalis to something it’s bonded. At least everything else in the story has been.

Even if for some reason it wasn’t bonded to the dungeon and was by some other means attached to the dungeon it still would have gained what three to four days of of ambient celestial life magic from it. Considering their mana pool isn’t real large it wouldn’t have much magical exposure. The density or strength of the magic would make a difference.

I wouldn’t doubt that it could bond to the dungeon. Eloras Chrysalis was bonded to a weapon in order to power it. At that point she was being used as a powerful item and wouldnt be considered a being or creature. It was more like her essence was being used like a soulstone.

Mister Bill likes this.
  16. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think that Chrysalises can be used as a type of Hibernation or Protective method, if the Pixie couldn't get out of the Dungeon and couldn't Bond with something in it then it's likely that it would enter a Chrysalis as are way to Protect itself from the Dungeon trying to Absorb it?

And I don't think that Elora's Chrysalis was actually truly Bonded to the Staff, more likely it was just used as a add-on power source and corruption enhancer that was magically Merged into the Staff.

Mister Bill and ShoughtLoud like this.
  17. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    True though the the Chrystalis should have protected it. Must have been another asshole enchanter like Richter who made that wand/staff. But if it can be used as a power source for a staff, then it isnt a stretch that it could help as a power source for the Dungeon.

18. 2tymes

2tymes Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter is about 14000 dungeon points and 4 rooms away from advancing his village specialization to level 6. Not sure what he can do to generate that many points before the first week is up. (If it’s not already) but the create 4 rooms seems doable. If he’s able to complete it that would be cool. The next reward would be crazy. He’d get a new dungeon or something

Mister Bill likes this.
  19. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Aleron either on purpose or accidentally limited the number of points received from the assault mission. when i look at the math, he should be much closer than he is. so i dont think there will be another bonus within the first week.

Mister Bill likes this.
  20. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We know that Eloras mother had found a safe place for her to be hidden away in her Chrysalis.

We know she was later used as a power source in a magical item.

1. Do we actually know that she had been removed from here hidden location then added to a magical item?

2. It could be possible that the limb or the side of a tree was removed. Then the Chrysalis and the remaining tree were fashioned into a weapon.

Ricther had carved some pixies out so we know that can be done. The only time we saw a Pixie separated from what it was bonded to was with the HM. It seems like she had to draw upon her POP as well as use her magic. From what little I recall she had put a large amount of power into it.

Indeed the natural purpose of a Chrysalis is for protection. Is that Chrysalis a complete magical shield to all things? I don’t think so. How long are Chrysalis supposed to endure?
    Elora sai her mother gave her life for her so that their race might survive. So did she have to imbue the Chrysalis with her own life force? How strong was the Chrysalis when it was found? Did the not have to result to using the power of the seed core to get out of it? That was after the HM completely failed at her attempts in her own PoP. I know a Chrysalis offers protection to the Pixies but it sure appears magic can flow out of them easily. It could even be that the energies flowing out creates the bond. That might be why it took so much energy to break its bond. Essentially having to force energies back into it.

Mister Bill likes this.