All things Dungeon

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Captain BlackJack, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Belgared

Belgared Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I will be surprised if Ricter even gets to do anything in the village, or if he will even get to the village in the book. Though I hope he does so we can see the reactions he will have to the rewards and advancements of the village. I think we will see the horde and the village clashing, along with the wildlife fighting the village.

Drasius likes this.
  2. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I also stopped paying attention to the forum for a while, after my first read thru of book 8 I had a lot of issues with it. It wasn’t till I reread it recently that I realize most of those issues were from expectations. I have wanted to see more of the land than the forest since book 3, I had figure and expected that his first trip would be in a more controlled and planned manner. I still think that the whole tier 2, imp gambit was pointless and more than a little stupid, but it is in keeping with richter ideas of clever. I still think the whole diarrhea episode was an unnecessary use of a chapter. The second time around my brain didn’t get hung up on those things and enjoyed the rest of it. Yeah I want to know more about dungeons and the labyrinth, but gods eye is going to be hitting that one from a different angle.

we already know how richters going to meet his uncle again. His dungeon has a god node, the name kinda says it all.

3. Kushlord42$

Kushlord42$ Level 7 (Cutpurse) Exiles Citizen

34%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yah exactly like I like book 8 just for the prompts tbh thats the only reason AK is my favourite litrpg authors because of his prompts and Game mechanics outside of that I hate richter as a character sometimes and find everyone else annoying and i’m beyond fed up with the sexual stuff/Kids comedy.

Drasius likes this.
  4. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What sexual stuff, its all fade to black. plus that and the dumb jokes seems to be Richter's way of decompressing in between adventures. Something other protagonists can skip due to plot.

Mister Bill and Belgared like this.
  5. Kushlord42$

34%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The sexual stuff is more so the previous books not book 8 and if that how richter decompress I’m just not a fan of it

Captain BlackJack and Drasius like this.
  6. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The annoying parts of richter become a hell of a lot better if you think of it a a commentary on the early twenties. I know I was a total prick a that age.

Joe Schmoe likes this.
  7. Kushlord42$

34%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If u say so, my brain just skips those parts tbh

Drasius likes this.
  8. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well, now I’m sad.

9. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think the other forum got shut down when book 8 was released, but I dunno.

I agree that expectations let me down on book 8 for sure. My re-read said it was an okay book and I skipped the poop chapter the 2nd time through.

10. Belgared

Belgared Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The forum actually got shut down before book 8 was released. Think about several months before it released

Mister Bill likes this.
  11. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Huh! I just know I went to chat and it wasn’t around any more.

12. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    [​IMG]

13. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Welcome aboard, @Kushlord42$. Glad to have you with us.

[​IMG]

Joe Schmoe, Belgared and Kushlord42$ like this.
  14. Kushlord42$

34%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thanks for the welcome, glad to be back

Paul Bellow likes this.
  15. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It's silly, but when we first started the forum in May of 2017, we added virtual items you can buy in shops with your LitCoin haha

DragonByte Shop | LitRPG Forum

Enjoy your stay.

16. Sleepyhe4d

Sleepyhe4d Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I have several question to the dungeon:

1. Entrances: What if new entrances to the dungeon mean like an entrance from dungeon to dungeon. That would be epic.

2. What about the motivation of limitless magic. Richter would need 19 more relife seeds, what can he trade to get them (since he got 50/1000 points for life magic)

3. What could he get for his other Magic’s? Which item to unlock it?

Drasius and Mister Bill like this.
  17. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well I am reasonably sure death magic has been unlocked, weather or not richter gets credit is still up in the air. A horde of death creature should have pulled that off.
    I am going to say that there is a strong possibility that life/dark/water/air have been unlocked thanks to the exile.

‘there is a tiny possibility that the other basic Magics got unlocked by the exile.

any other Magic’s are unlikely to extremely unlikely to have unlocked. Of those void would have made the most progress.

I’ll also say that the blood motivation probably advanced a bit as well. Though again richter getting quest credit is up in the air.

As far as entrances go I think I was explained that it meant entrances from the land. Though the dungeon keeper could effect the placement. As far as I know you have to go through the labyrinth to enter another dungeon.

18. Sleepyhe4d

Sleepyhe4d Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

I’m not too sure about that. I thought the magics only unlocks through the well of offering. The dungeon only gets the one creature and not the magic? Oh the other hand I would love it, if the dungeon would get more op

19. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The dungeon absorbed the mist lights. Also the end of book 7 had the dungeon glorifying in power awakening within it

this is a quote from book 8

Richter cheered internally to see how much stronger the Dungeon had gotten. When that bolt of pure destructive energy had flown through the portal, courtesy of the Exile Rakshasha, it had done more than just destroy every undead creature. It had also flooded the barrow with pure energy. While much of that power had been lost to destruction and entropy, some of it had been siphoned off and converted into Dungeon Points. Only the sheer magnitude and intense purity of the energy had allowed that to happen, something that would most likely never occur again. The Exile’s power, coupled with the massive reaping of undead, had both catapulted the Dungeon in levels and helped fulfill some of its Motivations.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  20. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, the easy 4 have to be unlocked (because of the bonus from being on the place of power). Probably death, too, like you said. I’m going to say they made decent progress on that void one and maybe got somewhat close to unlocking it.

Drasius likes this.