All things Dungeon

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Captain BlackJack, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What i'm talking about are Dungeon nodes. They exist in various locations within the Dungeon. For example, Richter can instantly travel to the one in the egg genesis chamber from the entrace chamber.

There are also nodes in the labyrinth, they are what labyrinth paths are based on. Find a line of nodes leading to another Dungeon and you have a magical route you can use for instant travel.

2. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He doesn't really need an entrance for that, a node road would have the same effect.

3. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No it will not. Ricther can’t use his dungeon transport spell with the node road. I believe it only works with the dungeon he is the master of.

Also he can’t build anything in the entrance of another dungeon. That would prevent him from building the larger stargate type of portal. There is a big difference between those two systems. The node road would be like walking a very narrow wildlife trail. It would limit your payload to what you can carry easily. While the larger portal would be like a highway easily taking wagons, live stock, and cavalry.

To me the dungeon transport spell is huge! Ricther could sneak into the counts Secret slave store and teleport right out with everyone. If someone gets wounded and they can’t run away he could teleport them back to the dungeon entrance. That is as long as they are within range.

4. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Dungeon Transport Spell only works within his PoP Domain (and within one mile of it's borders?) or within a certain radius from one of his Dungeons Entrances, 1 Mile I think it is, but it could be less.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  5. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don’t think it’s his Domain. Being a spell for Dungeon Masters and perhaps dungeon keepers it is tied to the dungeon entrances. Also It is only a transport spell to the dungeon entrance as I have mentioned before. That’s still huge! If they eventually are capable of taking the HoEH’s that ability will cover a god portion of Law. After all it does have multiple entrances there. A one mile radius isn’t bad either for where-ever he place his entrances now.

6. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Dungeon transportation works in his domain due to his dungeon being tied to his pop. A non-pop dungeon transport would have a different limit. I have a feeling that it will also take him to any node he has touched anywhere.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  7. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Its also tied to his domain. 1 mile from the edge of the domain or the entrance.

8. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I can see it being tied to his dungeon. As his dungeon had been tied to his PoP before it reached the inter dimensional growth ability. Now his dungeon could open up on the other side of the planet. His dungeon could also connect to another dungeon. I don’t think his free Dungeon entrances will be fixed to his PoP either. I honestly believe one of those entrances will be placed the HearthTree granting them access as Ricther had promised. Those ley lines there should also feed the dungeon ambient energies. I don’t see why at that point that his dungeon transport spell wouldn’t work in the 1 mile range. I do think the Dungeon Transport spell is a dungeon spell not a spell from his PoP. So it shouldn’t be fixed to his PoP. With the Ricthers Dungeons new ability inter dimensional growth its not limited to his PoP. The new entrances change that as they themselves are portal extensions of his dungeon. The spell is only used to transport back to his dungeon entrance as we have seen so far.

9. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It is listed as a pop spell, and I disagree about the dungeon entrances. They would be limited by the physical location of the dungeon. Dungeons may be part of the labyrinth but I seriously doubt they share the spatial peculiarities of the labyrinth. The impression I got from Randy’s story was that you had to exit a dungeon to get to the craziness that is the labyrinth, and enter a dungeon to leave it.

ShoughtLoud, Dragon and Andrew Lynas like this.
  10. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Dungeon Transport Spell was given to him for being the Dungeon Master and had a One Mile transport radius from the Dungeon Entrance (or at least to the Dungeon Node Sphere at the Entrance of the Dungeon(?), but I believe that it can also be used to move within the Dungeon to any of the Dungeons Mini Nodes of his that he has found and touched/used?).
    But because of Richter also being the Master of the Place of Power (the Mist Village) the Dungeon Transport Spell was Upgraded (so to speak) to also function a bit like a PoP Spell in that it can now be used anywhere within his PoP Domain and within One Mile Radius of it's Borders.
    But if a Dungeon Entrance for the Barrow was to open outside of his Domain (such as day near the Hearth Tree) then that Spell would default to only working within One Mile of that new Entrance when Richter was near that Entrance.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  11. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Really! Well I believe you it just doesn’t seem right. It just doesn’t seem like it should come under the PoP listing of spells. For instance a person could have a dungeon that doesn’t lay on top of a PoP. So would that exclude them from getting The Dungeon transport spell? They wouldn’t have the PoPs menu or any of those type spells available. The Dungeon transport spell just seems more like a fast access for the Master and perhaps the Keeper if something is wrong or needed. It would also help transport any larger beast or monster they kill out side the dungeon if they want to add it to the dungeon. Seeing how it’s only for Dungeon access and not used to transport to other areas.

In the last book it clearly expresses that Ricthers Dungeon has earned the capability to grow inter dimensionally. He also received the a free entrance for leveling up every five levels.
    Aleron hasn’t placed any parameters on those entrances or the ability to grow inter dimensionally.

Randy did speak in some depth about dungeons. He made the comment about the size and scope of some dungeons. Randy first told Ricther that the Labyrinth is an entire world and that each dungeon was part of the Labyrinth. Then Ricther asked again what is Labyrinth? Then Randy answered every dungeon ever created adds to the Labyrinth. They are entrances and exits from this world to that world. He also said there are unfathomly large areas that comprise the Labyrinth that are not dungeons but they operate in the same way. So it seems to me that the Labyrinth itself is more a conglomeration of other things not necessarily a specific thing on its own. Unless you are referring to the entirety of the web of dungeons and those spaces similar to a dungeon. I think that embodiment of things together is so vast that it is a world of its own. I believe that to be the Labyrinth.

12. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Dungeon Transport Spell was granted by the Dungeon to Richter for being it's Dungeon Master but was then Enhanced due to him being the PoP Master.

It has been said that the Labyrinth Absorbs and Integrates any Killed Dungeons into itself, it also I believe said that entire world's had been Integrated into the Labyrinth in similar ways. It might also be possible that Earth is in the process of this happening to it?

13. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Growing interdimensionally means instancing or expanded spatially (tardis). Not worm holes and and condensed space. Honestly I doubt it means spatially in anyway. I am more inclined to view it as instances. That is my take on it at least, other wise how could any one nation control a dungeon. The hall of elemental hunters is very old so it would have many entrances. Yves could not claim it as there’s if an entrance was in Rione or on the twins.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  14. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I

15. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think Dungeons keep on growing each level and have multiple entrance points out of convenience. Assuming that in a manner similar to the Dungeon spells a new entrance can be placed anywhere within the domain + whatever distance they can be placed from the primary entrance normally (maybe dungeon level * modifiers), Richter could provide Dungeon access to new subordinate tribes. A powerful gift that would give a ton of relationship points.

Its another worthwhile diplomatic tool.

As for instances, hopefully not. That made zero sense in any of the other litrpg books i've read, except the ones set in an actual game.

16. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That’s a very compelling statement.

I have to ask can the the Hall of Elemental Hunters be claimed by Yves?

We know the dungeon was discovered there long time ago. We also know that there are a lot of entrances around Law or perhaps in Yves. We also know that one of the Kings has guards placed at all the entrances to control and tax anyone who comes and goes.

We don’t know of anyone who has been its Master and we have only been told of one keeper.

According to Randy no one has ever claimed the dungeons “heart” crystal.

I think the royal family do claim the Dungeon. They have placed forces around all the known entrances to collect what they feel is their dues. But does that really mean they own or control the dungeon?

What if Randy and Ricther do eventually claim the dungeons crystal? Whose dungeon would it be then?

So could anyone leader of another country claim a dungeon with no entrance to it? Does having an entrance to a dungeon really make a difference to who claims it?

How do we know there are not other entrances to other places? We haven’t been told there aren’t.

It could be that all of Ricthers entrances connect to other dungeons in the Labyrinth or to one of the other spaces similar to the dungeon that Randy spoke of.

I think since the original entrance now to the original dungeon was in Yves it does give them some standing. Although at this point there could be other entrances out of Yves control. Whatever it may be their claim is weak until someone claims the dungeons Crystal.

17. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Even if Randy claimed the crystal, Yves would still have a great deal of power over it. As long as they control the external parts of the entrances they can enforce their current taxation levels, they can control who enters and they can control what items can be brought in and out.

The Dungeon Master would be able to do much the same, using the Dungeon. Sounds like both parties would have a claim to controlling it.

We've been told the entrances are in and around Law. There was no mentions of entrances in other parts of the country, but there are mentions of other Dungeons in those parts.

18. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What is a wormhole?

Is a wormhole not a inter-dimensional bubble elongated through space and time connecting one point to another?

What was the Tardis? Was it a conversion of a inter-dimensional bubble to a living and traveling quarters? I think it was a bubble inside a bubble or a wormhole that allowed its travel.

I think Randy somewhat mentioned how you travel through time and space in a dungeon. In monsters it was clearly stated that the dungeons reaching a specific level gained the ability to grow inter dimensionally. So is that growing like a bubble or like a worm hole. Both would be a gap in inter dimensional space. One would connect to two points like a hall. The other would connect on one end making a room or space.

So are you saying the inter dimensional space that dungeons can create can only grow one way?

19. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That’s my point. Anyone can claim something and they could fight over their claim or the control of it. Yet magically claiming the Dungeon grants the dungeon master full autonomy over who enters or exits the dungeon. Adventurers in Ricthers Dungeon can’t exit it into his village without his permission as we have been told. Yet we haven’t been told where Ricther can place his entrances.

Many here were against the idea he could put one at or near the HT. Although I think that was part of his promise to the HM. Granting them Access with their own entrance would fullfill that obligation. It would also so set up a safe location for the HM’s side of the stargate portal to be built. Which she had told Ricther she would take care of her sides material needs

20. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Randy explained how the Dungeons motivations could encourage its growth in a specific direction. His comment was that if one of the dungeons motivations was water that it might grow straight down in order to hit water. With that in mind and knowing one of Ricthers Dungeons motivations is blood which direction will it want to grow? There are only two directions I can think of. One being the Vampires PoP as it might often be running in blood. The other being toward the closest blood covenant.

Another thought about the free entrances Ricther has. If he knew how to claim a spot for an entrance could he stretch it by using a super rare bloodto entice the dungeon to grow a bit more to get it?

For some reason, I expect the dungeon to grant him some form of dungeon spike. Then he can set the spike and it will direct the dungeon to grow the entrance there. If so could Ricther slay a demon or dragon at some greater distance and set the spike? Would the more powerful bloodtype ramp it up?