All things Dungeon

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Captain BlackJack, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter can only sense a Soul Bound object if it is fairly near him, otherwise he needs his Map to Find It over long distances. And yes his Present Level of Soul Bound Prevents anybody but him or those he Freely Gives one of His Soul Bound Items to and wants them to be able to use it from being able to use the Enchantments on that Item, especially if it's used against him. Third Level of Soul Bonding allows for Short Ranged Telekinetic Calling to his Hand, I suspect that Four Level will allow longer ranged Telekinesis Calling and possibly direct Teleportation to his Hand if he's Carrying it on himself in a Sheath or in a Pocket or Bag? Fifth should definitely allow that at least.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  2. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wonder if the Mapping Ring would Work on Pets? And if so then would it work on only Fully Tamed one's or also partially Tamed one's? Also if the Information that is shown on the Map would be different then that of a Sentient, as in less detailed or have different sensory information noted or have a different priority of what's important?
    I would think that is should work for a regular Familiar, assuming the Map doesn't Auto Update like with Alma(?), but again would the Map receive the same detail of information As with Alma or a Companion?

3. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Dude Richter will have luck of 62(with luck potion) trust me he will find the sword& Mauler& Litch body with all those juicy rings...

4. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ok say we measure the explorable area, where stuff could be right. Say mausoaleum took +- a stadium, now add a heximal of another 6x stadiums.. so minimum we have a stadium to explore, max 7-21 stadiums.. just have a long string from the centre of the cavern or hopefully one of the remaining columns and run in circles increasing each cicrle by +-25m or any distance where you can still find stuff with your map.

Without map just move by one meter distance one every circle. You will find everything but you will need some time.

5. Sleepyhe4d

Sleepyhe4d Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Plus all the stone in the way were from the mausoleum. They were filled with its powerful magic for a long time; so just convert them all too good soul stones.

6. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm thinking it'll be a Hearth Mother "you should know better than to tie too many things to your soul, here's a spell that will add it to your map, don't be so wasteful and ask questions blah blah blah."

7. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think it safe to say that the Dungeon knows and understands how to use blood magic. Unlike it’s chaotic magic that it not only feared but didn’t understand how to use. Seeing how the dungeon was born of the chaotic bloodstone what are its chances of spawning a small say one karat non sentient bloodstone?

AndyJ, Mister Bill and Andrew Lynas like this.
  8. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

59%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I doubt it works that way. Especially since they’re made of the blood of the gods, right? Or something like that.

9. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The one that Richter came across was made from the Blood of a Blood God, but it's not necessarily true that they all are made from God Blood.

10. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Citizen

40%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That’s got a strong ring of wishful thinking to it. What else would have the Innate power to turn a bit of itself into a powerful relic?

Mister Bill likes this.
  11. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

6%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    To make a baby bloodstone first a mommy bloodstone and a daddy bloodstone need to meet. Then they need to get drunk and play "hide the magic scepter" without a protection spell.

12. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Somewhere around 0% at this point would be my guess. Its possible that it can generate something like that at a higher level/ tier, but for now I think it is firmly out of reach.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a unique substance, but perhaps one the Dungeon can spawn due to its unique nature?

Mister Bill likes this.
  13. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I didn't day that they would have anywhere near the Power (or the danger in using?) as a BloodStone made by a God or from God Blood.

14. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe a Dragon.

Honestly, the Dungeon does have the ability to create things from nothing with its magic. How many dragon’s teeth and Dragons Bone did it take to make Ricthers portal in the dungeon?

Had Ricther offered up 100% of all the materials to his well of offering? That is did he gift all those extremely rare materials need to his dungeon prior to the portals creation? I don’t think so. So where did those materials needed come from?

Chaos is another issue. They Bloodstone initially became a chaotic bloodstone. Ricther never gave the well of offering a chaos particle. Yet the Dungeon spawned a Choas particle. So why should the dungeon have a problem spawning a non sentient bloodstone?

Give me a reason why the Dungeon couldn’t spawn a simple one karat bloodstone?

What could a simple non sentient bloodstone be used for? It wouldn’t contain any spells or voices. It’s just a simple bloodstone.

It didn’t make itself a relic. A very long time and it’s ability to learn allowed to to gain more and more power. In time it became a relic.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    Andrew Lynas and Mister Bill like this.
  15. Kushlord42$

Kushlord42$ Level 5 (Veteran) Exiles Citizen

90%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think at most dragon blood would make a legendary, but most likely mythic item. Remember a relic is an object surviving from an earlier time, there could just keep on making them if Dragon blood was all that was needed

16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The materials were summoned/ spawned by the settlement using settlement points.

17. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Who says that was all that was needed?

As far as that goes can you tell me how the Bloodstone was actually created?

All we have been told is that it was made from a gods blood. That alone doesn’t give us any inclination of the process it took to become stone.

It might be it formed naturally from being spilt upon the land. It could have been created from a gods blood steeping on magic crystal. Perhaps another god made the bloodstone for his own purposes.

I do believe what had made “Ricthers” bloodstone so powerful was it being a relic. The sheer amount of time and exposure it had to others trying to harness it power gave the bloodstone time to learn and develop.

We don’t even know how long or when the bloodstone first became aware.

18. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He didn’t use settlement points. He used Dungeon points that he gained by exchanging settlement points for DP’s.

There was no summoning.

Ricther only envisioned what he wanted the dungeon to make and the dungeon made it.

19. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    One reason, Unique resource.

Second reason, the Dungeon's level is likely too low to spawn such a powerful item/ material.

The chaos particle gave one 2 chaos points. It did not seem nearly as powerful as a bloodstone.

Boring stuff aside.

If blood stones or blood particles start spawning, Richter needs to make them restricted resources.

I imagine they could be used similar to gems, for enchantments. Vampiric weaponry would be an epic addition to the arsenal.

Its possible they could also be used in a manner similar to the blood crystal by grinding them to dust.

20. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Settlement building portal

Summoning resources

Some materials were also called forth directly from the bowels of the earth.

ShoughtLoud and Mister Bill like this.