All things Dungeon

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Captain BlackJack, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A dungeon entrance in Yves would be a game changer trying to extract Families that have been held hostage especially if Ricther built a spherical portal and barbican at each entrance. Ricther could use the dungeon transport to get back to the dungeon. Then use the spherical portal system to move the families safely without them needing to fight through the dungeon.

2. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Aaaand that's why that won't be an option. Free fast travel for all is too free. Especially in the Land

3. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Who says it’s free?

Ricther will have to pay for it in some manor. By blood, Sweat or gold it will be paid for.

I wish people in the real world wanting everything fast and free would realize that everything must be paid for.

4. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    These new people /families can use the node system to transport miles without having to traverse the Dungeon? That's the free I was referring too, and why this idea absolutely undermines portals in any way. It's literally too easy

5. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Who said using the nodes road? I was referring to the spherical portal system!

I know you can READ!

6. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Where are you getting "spheres" from?
    Because the only spheres that involve moving quickly are nodes, so that might have something to do with everyone's confusion

7. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe Cptn means Portals? Or what teleportation scrolls/spells(Dungeon transport?) ?

8. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yes, now I get that he meant the ungodly expensive permanent apprentice rank portals in every entrance.

Huge waste of money imo, since anyone else should be funding their own portal.

9. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Okay, think of it this way. Ricther only needs to duplicate the dungeon barbican and spherical portal system with every entrance to his dungeon. The barbican will help him maintain control of the spherical portal system and the entrance. Then he will have his personal choice to use the dungeon node road or the spherical portal system.

Once Ricther has his portal system set up with his barbicans surronding them he will have full control. Especially with them built inside the dungeon. No one would attack them as dungeons are not for war. He could also charge a hefty toll for anyone wanting to use them.

If they don’t want to pay they could always hit the node road.

10. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think he might mean the Mini Dungeon Teleportation Nodes when he says Spherical Portals? I found it a bit confusing as well.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  11. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe? Those only apply to the room their built in though

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  12. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Because we disagree?

13. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You did disagree With Aleron.

He has already placed a spherical portal in one entrance room of the dungeon. I’m only saying he should do it at all entrances. I have only elaborated on what Aleron could do. You seem to say he can’t do anything unless you say he can.

Aleron has written in the node road, the pedestal, the master node, the god node, and the spherical portals. Aleron has only placed limit on the spherical portals at this time. He has defined some parameters on the nodes and the node road.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  14. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    ONLY? Does Richter have SP's to spend on it? No. Does Richter have the gold and other items to make it? No. And craziest of all you are thinking that he'll be able to create entrances where ever he wants. Yes there are more entrances available and nothing...and I repeat nothing said by AK about how far away they can be. According to your theory the King of Yves if he was the DM of his dungeon could make an entrance right at the MV. Matter of fact any DM could make a entrance at the MV. That is why Dragon is arguing with you. Your point just does not make sense because if what you are speculating was true all of the land would be controlled by DM's and while this forum is about speculation most us appreciate things that are possible and I and others just don't see how this is and usually you are on the same page.

15. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm not disagreeing about whether you can place a portal in a Dungeon or not. I'm disagreeing with the idea that you can place a Dungeon entrance anywhere in the land with no restrictions because its nothing like what we have seen with the Dungeon thus far.

On a different note, its also not how I would spend this resource, even if it was an option. A portal is much better suited for travel, and while the price for the one Richter built was very high, it should be possible to build the lowest tier of portals a lot cheaper than the one in the village. For most places a two-way portal is sufficient.

While I can see the reasoning behind putting a portal inside a lesser Dungeon entrance for safety, I would put a portal inside or next to the HT so they can go straight to the main entrance and put the lesser Dungeon entrances at various future mist settlements so they too have access. The first would go to the kindir, as a gift for swearing fealty. The second would go to whatever minor power pleases me in the future. With what is essentially a Dungeon of their very own in the balance, I think they'll be falling over themselves to swear fealty.

16. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I see your point.

We know dungeon can connect to each other right?

That’s by the node roads how do you think those actually connect?

I found it ludicrous when some one said you would need to tunnel all the way there. Perhaps you would in the dungeons early stages prior to inter dimensional gaping. I am positive that’s how the labyrinth connected it’s one way connection originally. Now that gate way is open both ways as Ricthers dungeon leveled and allows for that. In book seven it mentions connecting to other dungeons and major settlements. It specifically talks about how that will grow the dungeons DP’s. We also know that ambient mana feeds the dungeon. We are also told how places of power feed the dungeon.
    The Hearth Tree is only a Three days walk. The Hearth Tree should count as a major Settlement.

So what’s the next closest dungeon that is connected to the labyrinth? The Hall of Elemental Hunters is located at a major settlement it is also a proper Dungeon. So both of those qualities were mentioned in the series. The other biggie is the Hall of Elemental Hunters is locates at a Place of Power which has all four powers awoken. Those powers flow through the dungeon itself and will feed into any dungeon connecting to it.

All of that my friend should really ramp up the DP’s. At that point Ricther should be able to accumulate a large amount of dungeon points. With his village leveled up he should also earn some settlement points that he can convert as well.

Why does it all need to happen instantly?

Ricther might rather connect the HT first. Then connect to another friendly settlement before he tries to connect to Yves or the HoEH’s.

17. Hastur

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Btw Cap if I came on a little strong there I apologize.

18. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    1. We haven’t had a free entrance to be placed by the dungeon. Neither has the dungeon had the power to grow inter dimensional spaces.

I haven’t said that Aleron won’t place restrictions. I’m saying he hasn’t placed any restrictions

Why would Aleron tell us about the inter dimensional spaces that can now be created and the two entrances of those are not going to be used for the dungeon?
    Ricther and Roswan will help guide the dungeon into placing these entrances. I don’t think the it said place this entrance at 1.368 meters from this point.

Knowing that the dungeon feeds off its connections why would you place them in lesser areas?

I had previously made the comment about placing a dungeon entrance for the Kinder. That way it could absorb the ambient death mana. That was promptly pooped on and ridiculed for being to far away.

Giving a entrance to the Kinder First might appear as a slight to Ricthers greatest ally the Hearth Mother. She has asked for full access.

The comment was made about Law having multiple entrances. Law doesn’t have anyone guiding where it’s entrances go. Law is also a whole lot bigger then the tiny MV. Why would the MV need multiple entrances when everyone lives right by the original entrance.

I can see gifting entrances. Which I wholly agree with. Although, we know those connections help feed the dungeon. Why not get the most for your money to start with. There is NO one better deserving then the Hearth Mother. Plus it feeds the Dungeon more mana. It’s a major settlement and a place of power. Remember he has two right now and when the Dungeon levels one more time he will have another. The only reason I would consider the Kinder settlement is because of the death magic/ mana and the Dungeons ability to recreate magical energies and leak them back to those areas. That could help the Sepulcher. Other then that the Kinder can walk a couple of hours to the Mist Village entrance.

I do agree with you on building the lesser types of portals as the would be cheaper. That is a good idea.

Although, some of those lesser portals had more limitations.

Why wouldn’t Ricther build lesser one way portals for his closer people’s benefit. That way they could port through one way to his larger spherical portal then go diving.

The entrances should all be used to their Maximum benefit to grow the dungeon increasing the DP’s.

Drag, as interested as you are in generating currency for the MV you should understand how DP’s can equate to real currency.

19. Hastur

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We know nodes can connect to each other yes but the have to be touched by each and every individual using it. For example Richter goes dungeon hopping and actually gets to the Yves dungeon and out and touches every node in between. He now to go to Yves anytime he wants but he could not take Randy or anyone else.

I agree the tunneling was needed before but not now. I completely agree we have no idea how the whole labyrinth thing works and it is likely some kind of inter dimensional transport.

The DP's are already crazy. Randy was shocked at the amount of DP's before the dungeon even leveled or the adventure specialty went up. It's possible and even likely that it creates more DP than Elemental Hunters does. Not that more would hurt.

I would agree that HT is a major settlement.

I think the biggest question/issue here is your point of connection. Connecting via the node road possible? Yes even very likely. Connection as in entrance to either the HT or Yves? Not likely in the case of the HT....I agree with Dragon that AK did not go to all that effort with portal tech and have Richter make it such a big deal to not use it. The Sprites will make their side and can portal straight to the barbican and all is good they can either enter the dungeon or exit and they are at the MV.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  20. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You’ll be okay,

I really appreciate that though. Your apology tells a lot about your person.

HASTUR!

You have Earned 1,000 respect points.
    Use these points wisely. Not everyday does one earn respect points. Be aware we can all lose respect at times.

Keep your pants up and don’t show your )) . In time you can become one of the most respected!

:D