All things Dungeon

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Captain BlackJack, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    1. Entirely true. Just increato little information to go on.

I think the Kinder/sepulcher idea is great and even viable...The biggest reasons being. 1. The kindir village is within the boundaries of Richters domain. 2. They are vassals of Richters. And it should absolutely increase the relationship.

Yes the HM is deserving. I think the point is more the distance.

Richter should and I believe will make more portals in the future. I could see one to the mine. I could see an outpost created where the decamur knight was and a micro portal there. I could see one in say a kobold settlement once that is worked out. I could see one to the twins to the dwarves to the mine. I really think the dungeon is going to start producing quite a bit of loot that will allow these things.

2. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    O they will use the spherical portals.

Just tell me

Where has Ricther placed his spherical portal he has now?

Looks like a precedent to me. That’s one that can be followed given the entrances and the room created for it. Ricther only needs a barbican for the HMs side of the portal.

3. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    As of book 8 with the inter dimensional space and the two ne entrances Aleron can do a lot to solve story issues such as time constraints and quest.

Hisako is an ally and she isn’t but three days walk. If there were a paved road it might be possible to make it in a day. Hisako has also asked for full access. The dungeon entrance grants that. If Ricther (via Roswan) can’t guide the dungeon then what was the purpose of adding that and the inter dimensional spaces?

We also know that dungeons can be connected to other dungeons. That’s how the node road is created. Whose to say that They can’t use an entrance to connect to the HoEH’s.

Aleron could write a restriction stating that the dungeon can’t create a entrance in a foreign land without that rulers permission. But trying to consider this as if in the land myself. We know that dungeon reachs out to feed on mana and life energies. As we found out they even draw from other dungeons. So why is it so unbelievable that Ricthers super powerful dungeon wouldn’t spider web out with its inter dimensional spaces to feed on new Magic’s, mana, and saturated areas full of life willing to enter the dungeon?

4. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Two important facts dungeons and major settlements create lots of DP’s for a dungeon. The dungeon has its own motivations. It’s primary motivation is to feed. Why wouldn’t the Dungeon want to use its inter dimensional space ability to gap over a three days walk to the Hearth Tree?

Is it not a major settlement?
    Is it not a place of power?

That’s two dungeon priorities. As they both feed the dungeon.

So are y’all thinking that Aleron won’t allow Ricther to place a dungeon entrance in any of those places until he grows his settlement to encompass those areas? If so he hasn’t stated that yet. Nor has he stated anything is too far for the Dungeon to connect to. He did say that the dungeon can create inter dimensional spaces. He did say Ricther has two entrances he can help guide in to a location. He also told us what makes Dungeons grow. Two of those things being major settlements and the other dungeons connecting to his dungeon. Why else would he have told us these things?

5. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    As node roads connect to other settlements, the master node will generate more DPs per day. That's what book 7 said.

Screenshot_20200917-142303.jpg

Seems like a pretty big cheat if you can just throw an entrance halfway across the Land and get free benefits

6. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m not so sure how that’s half way around the land.

Isn’t the Land a lot bigger then earth?

The Hearth Tree is only three days walk from the MV.

“Each major settlement or dungeon that is connected by the node road to your dungeon will increase this flow of energy”

That’s not my words.

You say it seems like a cheat but we don’t know what it will take for Ricther and Roswan to attach a entrance to another dungeon. We just know that they can connect. Major Settlements might have their own complexities as well. Aleron has just stated that the dungeon feeds and grows stronger from those locations. I onlynpointed our that it is within his parameters at the moment. At least until he lays out the rules. It just seems to me the entrances and the new awarded ability to create inter dimensional spaces can solve two issues. One granting full access to the Sprites of the HT and the other creating a pathway for Randy to reach the HoEH’s. Whose yo say Aleron Doesn’t write in some hurdles. He might even squeeze in another dungeon between the two. It could be Ricthers dungeon connects to another dungeon Randy knows well that gets them to the HoEH’s. We can only wait and see what Aleron decides to do.

I like the idea as it grows the dungeon but really because it closes two request for Ricther.

7. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    1. Explain to me the difference between throwing an entrance to Yves, vs HT, vs Rione, vs the island of the Lost mage Poquatil, vs the Twins vs the city of Omru
    2. Where are you getting this from?/ What exactly do you mean by this? Like there's a dungeon portal wall to the BotCS in another Dungeon? There's a snake head next to the entrance of another Dungeon? I'm just lost here and I don't know what you're drawing from.
      We know they can connect along node roads, we have nothing about some sort of melding or grafting of dungeons.
      But they are the words from the book, and the only words from the book that remotely resemble your words when you said
      So to turn it around, quote please, but one that isn't about the Master node as we have since established that wasn't what you were referring to.
    3. Neither of these are issue that need solving through a new dynamic that goes against the overwhelmingly limiting ways of the Land. The HM has expressed that her people are capable of handling a portal at the HT that will literally connect directly to the BotCS as that is where Richter's apprentice level portal system is. That is direct access to the Dungeon and needs no further polishing. As long as the team enters the portal, and Richter/ his people allow them out into the rest of the Dungeon, or through the entrance portal into the Entrance room with the well of offering, they're Gucci. It has been widely established and acknowledged that Node roads are a thing. Randy specifically requested they "make a concerted effort to explore the Labyrinth and hopefully find a Node road to the Dungeon under Yves". This is already killing many birds with stones. Richter gets to explore the labyrinth and likely drain creatures with much higher XP yields. Richter grows his own Node road network. Randy gets his road home to visit his mom or some such. Connecting to another settlement through a node road helps to improve the DP yield from his Master Node/ God Node.
    4. Please clarify. When you said 'spherical portal' in your past posts did you mean:
      1. The Apprentice Portal
      2. Nodes
      3. Mini Nodes

8. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Shout, I am very proud of you.

You are starting to show signs of maturity.

There wasn’t any cursing in this. Its like a impaired wanton berating from you.

I will show you enough respect to Grant you one response.

In my lack of clarity I had used the term portal to some confusion for others. Then in an attempt to rectify your confusions I said the spherical portals. When I should have been more precise in saying the apprentice portal which Ricther has been gifted the knowledge of.
    I have also used the term portal in reference to the node road entrances, exits, and or gate ways. Not that there is a real fence or cast iron hat barring the way. Now there is Idea for you! Fences instead of walls separating dungeon. You could just shove your gate right in the fence.

I hate that my contemplations would cause such brain hemorrhages. I tried to even quote once but it I probably didn’t do that accordingly for you. I had even thought of defining the word but as it is English I thought you might understand the meaning of a portal. Webster was my first thought but you are a real tech guy. So I thought dictionary.com would be more your speed.

portal
    [ pawr-tl, pohr- ]

noun
    a door, gate, or entrance, especially one of imposing appearance, as to a palace.
    an iron or steel bent for bracing a framed structure, having curved braces between the vertical members and a horizontal member at the top.
    an entrance to a tunnel or mine.
    Computers. a website that functions as an entry point to the internet, as by providing useful content and linking to various sites and features on the World Wide Web.

I didn’t delete much from that.:)

You can see it at-
    Definition of portal | Dictionary.com

What kind of entrance do you think allows you to enter a dungeon. A portal? Are portals not used as entrances or gate ways? For some reason I’m under the belief that those portals can prevent you entrance or prevent a monsters exit. I don’t think all portals are equal. Just like you and myself. Thank the lord we are all different. In the land all types of portals exist as it seems to me. The one Ricther unknowningly walked through keeps things out of his PoP. The mouth of Ricthers dungeon keeps monster in and only allows those he gives permission to enter in. The labyrinths entrance was a one way portal until Ricthers dungeon leveled. Then you have the entire line up of the apprentice portal types that were better defined by their physical limits. How about the other portals? Nexus uses a portal inviting others to test for their professions. Then their is the Chaotic portal the seeds pass through. Let’s not forget summoned angels, demons, and other creatures passing through their inter dimensional or planar portals.

Seriously the Land is full of portals.

Shout you shouldn’t worry with me and my ramblings. You should be doing something more productive. I’m sure something needs to be protesting or riots need to be started some where.

Really, I don’t have much to do and I’m just trying to stimulate some conversations.

I have enough to deal with in Drag! ::))

Now that guy knows how to hold a real conversation. God gave Drag the gift of literary gab.

Shout, is it safe to say that we are all eagerly awaiting the next book in hopes that we get to see how Ricther can and will use the entrances?

9. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think that might be one of the benefits of a god node. Arranging the local node network that is.

Only other reason i can think of for it to be called a god node, is that it will cause a massive shift in the labyrinth topography. Becoming the heart of a network of major nodes.

10. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Like giving control of the local network connections?

11. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sure, highly unlikely but so was getting a god node in the first place.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  12. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Aleron has mentioned the ability to move forces as being essential. Which in real life the ability to remain mobile/fluid is a life and death situation in the armed forces. With the Dungeon Ricther was first given a pedestal that could grant access to sections of his local dungeon. The master node I assume would be the next step in regional movements as it mentions connecting to major settlements and dungeons and how they feed the dungeon. The god node I would think would be the next step in the node road transit. Where the first nodes were inner dungeon. The second “master node” portion would garner the outer dungeon nodes. My assumption for the god node is that it could reach the outer most dungeons with one touch.

The local dungeon pedestal contains all inner nodes. The master node containing nodes that carry adventurers to any surrounding dungeons and the Labyrinth. The god node perhaps reaching any dungeon connected to the labyrinth.

Before anyone starts to cry. YES YOU STILL MUST ABIDE THE RULES. The only way you can travel these paths is if you have personally fought your way through them all.

13. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Mana would be flowing from the Dungeon and out into the surrounding area, its called mana sepage, so no extra generation of DP for having more entrances.

More Node road connections increase the flow of mana from the Labyrinth dimension into the Dungeon, hence more DP. As always the Labyrinth rewards risk and few things are more risky than exploring the Labyrinth.

We are told of the interdimensional space because it separates the Dungeon from the physical limitations that previously heavily restricted the number of adventuring parties that could be in there at a time. It serves as an explanation as to how the Dungeon can be big enough to serve thousands of people at the same time.

Regular portals have a fifty miles apart minimum rule.

Local portals are currently one-way from the primary portal and out to wherever the local portal is placed, with a 10 mile max. Its going to be very useful for reaching other settlements within the mist in case of raids. It also halves the travel time for a trip to the mist village. One problem: Richter doesn't have the tech, and its 67,956 research points just for local portals 1. The mist village earns 23.79 points per day, so its 2856 days or 14 land years away, assume there are no setbacks on the way.

The kindir have several miles to the Mist village through the forest both ways, which means its half a day they need to travel for a visit. They are not just going to pop over on a daily basis. They also have a skeleton army in need of training.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  14. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The amount of Research Points needed may well be reduced if he can find more knowledge, information and tech involving Portals, even maybe just making more of what he knows might also reduce it by a small amount. Especially if he can get more information downloaded into himself like did the first time.

15. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It’s not extra DP’s for a entrances. It’s extra DP’s generated from entrances connected to major settlements or dungeons. (Book7) Doesn’t the dungeon also get extra Energies from ambient mana at places of power? That also creates more DP’s.

Oooo I get it!!!

You THINK you can’t enter a dungeon from a node road because node roads don’t have entrances to dungeons or the labyrinth.

I understand where your coming from now!

I just find humorous. How can you go enter something without an entrance? This is really like which came first the chicken or the egg. Until AK tells us or sets those parameters WE will not know.

I don’t think all the Kinder are needed to train a Skeleton army are they? As much as the Kinder like adventure and who most leave the settlement every year I don’t think walking to the MV will be a problem.

I’m not really worried about Ricther deciphering the technology for the portals. They will definitely get their with that tech and it won’t take 14 years. That’s laughable in this series. We are talking about a series where the main character has basically become a King and on the verge of being some tier 2 Chaotic Deity type character knowing and using all kinds of the highest levels of magic. Having unlimited everything and finding all kinds of supper rare items that no other kingdom can compare to.

Is that the series we are talking about?

14 years maybe 14 days?

16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    When its built on top of them a Dungeon does tap into the Leylines.

Not sure where you get that opinion on what has been said or hasn't. I think most of us agree that entrances can be placed within the entirety of the domain. Aka the mistlands. Aka ten miles or so in any direction from the pop.

It has been cautioned that there are some risk involved in where precisely an entrance is placed and that the kindir are not necesarily the best caretakers for it.

I have also said repeatedly that I see no reason it should be placeable anywhere in the land because it seems OP, but that's an opinion.

17. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The rest of this isn't an argument, its basically just some light ad hominem mixed with wild future expectations :)

In regards to the future expectation, I agree it won't take 14 years before he has the technology researched it if he scales research point generation up. But there are limits to that. He needs more than novices, initiates and apprentices to powerlevel those technologies.

Unless Richterr walks into another extremely beneficial encounter of course.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  18. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Dungeons create ambient mana in the area around them

Captain BlackJack and Dragon like this.
  19. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Do you mean mana sepage?

20. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    See here is the problem, AK has thrown quite a lot of info regarding the dungeon at us that has yet to be explained. We don't really know what mana seepage is, or mana refinement, or what the rules surrounding multiple entrances is, or weather the dimension shifting properties of the dungeon create instances, or what the hell a god node is or does, or what the blessing Reliquaries of the Labyrinth means.

Captain BlackJack likes this.