amazon's game New World

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Nadernad, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Nadernad

Nadernad guy who reads litrpg instead of sleeping Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

76%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Human's Land of Oaks
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So amazon is making a game called New world. I want to know if anyone knows something I don't, has plans to play it, has thoughts on it, etc.

I don't know a lot,btw.

2. GRCooper

GRCooper Author of the Singularity Point LitRPG series LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

0%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't know a lot either, and one my oldest friends (since 8th grade) is one of the execs. Apart from what little they've said, there's not much out there - they're playing the cards close.

northernsoul926 likes this.
  3. Nadernad

Nadernad guy who reads litrpg instead of sleeping Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

76%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Human's Land of Oaks
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You going to play it? just curious because I've never heard of Amazon games and they come out of the blue with this open world mmorpg that I might want to play.

None of my eighth grade friends will ever be Amazon Executives, btw

4. GRCooper

GRCooper Author of the Singularity Point LitRPG series LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

0%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    They hired a lot of industry veterans. A few of them come out of Verant/Sony Online (like John Smedley, creator of Everquest, who runs the Amazon San Diego Studio) for example. So while the studio is new (relatively) it's made up of a lot of old hands. I haven't decided if I'm going to play it or not, I haven't had the MMO itch in a while (unless you count Elite: Dangerous, but I play that Solo anyway ;-) )

Paul Bellow likes this.
  5. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  6. LelulaGames

LelulaGames Author Crissy Moss LitRPG Author Citizen

47%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I know it looked awesome, and I hope it is as good as it claims. This, and Hytale, are the two games I'm looking forward to.

7. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid: