WIP Angel's Nightmare Adventure 3: Nemesis Update

Discussion in 'Works in Progress' started by Angel Ramon, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Angel Ramon

Angel Ramon DukeNukemFreak05 LitRPG Author Citizen

40%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Puerto Rico
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    As the title of this post suggests, there is a bit of a mystery going around. I know back in late August into Early September I decided to put my LitFPS, Life's a Beach to the side so I could start with my secret project code-named Nemesis. I know some of you were in complete shock when I made the announcement and fans of the series were excited. I planned on making this my big ticket item for Halloween and release Life's a Beach right behind it. It was supposed to be a Red Pill/Blue Pill where fans got to choose whether to read the LitFPS(Blue), the LitRPG Horror(Red) or read both of them just like my superfans would. This was supposed to be the must-read from my catalog for the holidays. I got much fan mail and comments on FB and twitter about how fans were excited about the new book that was supposed to introduce some cool game features not seen elsewhere.

However, as my fans know, I was tragically hit by Hurricane Maria and that kept me out of action for a month. As a result, Nemesis had to be canceled in favor of my LitFPS. While the news hurt me and my fans, my loyal friends have been understanding. Some of them, especially on the LitRPG forum, were heartbroken as they were looking forward to my newest LitRPG horror because there isn't much LitRPG in the horror genre, sorry guys. However, everyone understands that I went through a very traumatic event and to this day I still haven't completely recovered. I'm still waiting to go back home to Puerto Rico.

So what is the official status of Nemesis? There is good news and bad news. Let's start with the good news, there will be a Nemesis coming out! So fans of the series can calm down and relax a bit, no need to hang yourself. The bad news is though, it's in developmental hell so to say. It's not because I want it to be that way, it's because of Hurricane Maria. Actually, it's partially my fault for not saving it to my flash drive and cloud beforehand. You see that actual book is on my desktop back in Puerto Rico and I love what I've written so far. To avoid risking writing a less than stellar product, I rather wait to get back to my computer and continue from where I left off knowing I have written it to my heart's desire.

So does that mean that there is a chance this book will not come out? After all, you did say, developmental hell and we all know how certain things stuck there never see the day... To calm those nerves down, developmental hell is only a term to indicate that a project is being held back due to things in the creator's control or outside their control. I know many projects in this state have not come out or some that have come out ended up sub-par such as Duke Nukem Forever. However, I promise you when I get back on my feet back to Puerto Rico, I will get back to work on Nemesis. Can't say it will be too soon as I don't know when things will get back to a state of normality relatively speaking in Puerto Rico. No, I'm not dead or I wouldn't be writing this, so don't even start that rumor either! I'm hoping to get back to work on this beginning late December or January, but I'm just estimating, for now, could be a much longer wait.

When do you expect Nemesis to come out? That is a tough question to answer as I'm still in limbo here. Wish I could give you a straight answer, but I really can't or I risk lying. My best estimate is that the book should be out late winter into early spring. If I get myself back together sooner, it will be late winter. If it takes a little more time, the release will be delayed until the spring. I have gotten notice from my neighbors where I live there is partial light, but my house has none due to a fallen light pole. At least progress is being made, so things are getting better, just gotta have faith.

So I hope I answered some of your questions or at least kept you in the loop on what is happening to my new LitRPG horror book. It's coming, just gotta wait. So until next time, stay cool.

Jay likes this.
  2. Jay

Jay Hiatus. LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

30%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You keep hanging tough! I can't imagine how hard all this is, but glad to hear you're slowly getting back to where you want to be. Best wishes and good thoughts being sent your way! And I'm sure Nemesis will be fantastic when it does come out and very much worth the wait.:)

Angel Ramon likes this.
  3. Angel Ramon

Angel Ramon DukeNukemFreak05 LitRPG Author Citizen

40%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Puerto Rico
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thanks so much, means a lot! At least I got one book done while I'm out here, should be a hit as well. Also, I have the first two books of the series as well already out in my horror series. I hope to return very soon. :)

Paul Bellow and Jay like this.