Augmented Reality Monster Manual Fulfills Your D&D Dreams

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Paul Bellow, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Interesting...

$ (1).png

Seagrim likes this.
  2. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I liked it when R.Talisorian in their Cyberteen game called it Virtuality. As more people had wither cybereyes or wore Virtuality glasses, more and more was being done in Virtuality. Walking through a mall without glasses it looked like a minimalist grey box, with glasses it was a colorful wonderland...

Paul Bellow likes this.
  3. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Like the market scene (inter-dimensional) in Valeriam and the 1000 planet cities... Ugh. That movie has the worst name. Heh.

AR is coming...

Seagrim likes this.
  4. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Somewhat. It would still be a mall since no store is going to turn down a sale just because of hardware restrictions, but for people with the Virtuality capability, the mall will be an entirely different looking place. Requesting a path to EB Games would have a path indicator, the exact kind set by the user. A floating ball, glowing line in the air or even a flitting fairy would be no problem. Store signs drift lazily in front of their stores, with display windows showing product offerings tailored to the user. The Victoria Secrets display can be an entirely different experience depending on settings, with kids only getting the G rated version.
    With sound attachments, small courtyard fountains turn into multimedia experiences, with, the latest J-pop idol putting on a personal performance for each viewer. Down the middle of the mall float tiny advertising blimps, their screens discreetly showing different services possible on higher floors of the mall.
    And none of this can be seen without the Virtuality equipment.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  5. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, not really the same, but I liked that movie and it made me think of it.

Seagrim likes this.
  6. Cadwe

Cadwe Arrogant cheeky Dragon Lord Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

4%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Paris (France)
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    fun, but i find that kind of useless

7. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    How so?

8. Cadwe

Cadwe Arrogant cheeky Dragon Lord Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

4%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Paris (France)
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wel it seems to me its fun in a way, but having gear to play D&D makes me feel having the drawbacks of roll20 and standart tabletop without any benefits

Paul Bellow likes this.