POLL Bah gawd that man had a family!... But we hope not

Discussion in 'Disagreements' started by ShoughtLoud, Mar 28, 2020.

?

Does that man have a Family in the Land

1. Yes, either Lorala, a Twin, Carei, or some combination therein has a preggo eggo

53.8%
  2. No, it's just a scare, even though a kid is inevitable what with the Kobold Egg.

38.5%
  3. He doesn't have a kid on the way and he fucks up the Kobold Egg, no kids whatsoever

7.7%
  1. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter ate a curse from Hisako which negated the effects of any herbs ingested within 24 hours. He then went on to have copious amounts of sex with having is magical spermicide in effect.

Does Richter have a kid on the way?

2. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Note: My vote isn't because I want a kid, but i see the "your offspring will also inherit the traits from the celestializing whatever" as a foreshadow, and his kid growing up beside the Kobold allows some closer familial ties to help keep the soon to be Kobold empire in a good standing/amiable terms.

Again I'd prefer no kid. However, this sub-forum isn't about happiness, it's about being right. (The kid could also lead to an off shoot series and I see Aleron as a guy who likes to have many avenues to write about just in case he's in a rut or something)

S'ahelas likes this.
  3. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think that it's inevitable that he will have Children someday, wether sooner or later I don't know, but I'm tending to more likely not too later. Although that could just be for an actual official Family rather then just 'an accidental one'. Basically it's just let's just wait and see.

4. Cire122

Cire122 Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Unless we start getting longer time skips it won't matter one way or other. He is growing in strength so quickly whatever his kid does wont be relevant until book 42. (1 book these days = 7 days. 1 week * 4 * 9 =36 books. Minus book 8 = book 42.)

5. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Unless he feeds his kid(s) the right kind of omelette...

6. Cire122

Cire122 Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Book 42 was birth. By current rate of power growth I was giving the benefit of the doubt the child would be born a fully formed powerhouse via magic or somesuch. If we wait for the kid to go make it book 800.

7. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We have ~100 days for the kobold to die in it's egg, so he needs to sacrifice it to the Dungeon before then...or after actually. Depends if it is better to do it while it's alive in the egg or dead in the egg.

Dragon likes this.
  8. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Definitely shorter than a hundred. It was 103 days when he resealed it which was his 101st day in the Land. Book 8 ends on day 155, meaning he's only got 49 days until he fucks up. It's honestly the most likely reason we haven't been getting descent time skips.

Also he'd only get weak dungeon points for the kobold, total waste.

Johan likes this.
  9. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I seriously doubt Richter is the type to sacrifice a baby, nor do I think anyone in the village would allow it. With the possible exception of the necromancer, that guy would do it.

Hopefully Richter will realize that he murdered those kobolds on his initial journey into the catacombs. If nothing else he needs to recognize that unthinking, instinctual racial hatreds affect him just as they do the natives. If he wants to help others see clearly he'd better start by removing the beam in his own eye, cause most of the people in Yves aren't murderers. Racist sure, but there is a step from being a racist scumbag to being a racist murderer.

ShoughtLoud and Johan like this.
  10. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That Khan will give rise to a possible race of Khan's born of the Dungeon

Dragon likes this.
  11. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No it won't. The dungeon will say - not a beast/ monster, blueprint discarded. Its also an open question whether dungeon born are sentient as such. Even if they are they wouldn't be true Khan's descended from the king clan of old. Instead they'd be creatures created by a dungeon with no connection to kobold history.

Cire122, Andrew Lynas and ShoughtLoud like this.
  12. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree that he's opening a bag a chips with this khan, but I disagree the Dungeon can create them, same as Dragon. He's basically doubling down on restarting races at this point a-la the pixies. Yes Kobold still exist without a khan but but they're paltry compared to what they used to be.

He's gonna get a mark or something for re enabling races to work for their full potential. So far as we know Khan's have been absent from the entire Land and kobolds have sucked for a long time. By starting two races back up he's gonna get a huge bonus from the Uni for the khan egg.

13. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This is a reason for the Khan's no being around. The warren he got it from, their war mage knew of the khan egg. they knew and still did not want the khan.

Richter's limitless ability also works with sex. Because of the spell goat banger, he will first have a beastkin child, a goat-man.

14. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    They knew it was around somewhere, and were looking desperately for it. Its one reason they pursued the eggthief - their perspective - so vigorously, even coming up to the surface. If you look at it from their perspective, Richter attacked them for no reason, murdered a patrol and some civilians, before robbing them off a clan treasure. They must also have found some form of evidence that Richter found the egg, perhaps a quest prompt revealing a bit too much?

15. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The mage knew exactly what was in the cobby hold and didn't even care about the focus crystal. It seems to me that the elite (or at least the war mage) knew exactly where it was and what it was. The signals to me that they were keeping it hidden and secrete from the rest of the race, until they needed it for something specific. And that the time they needed it, had not come. Or they don't want the khast and only kept the one, as a fail safe situation.

There could have been a prompt, but it's was in a stasis box, and so looking in the hold would not have told you what was there.

16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    When does he say he knew?

17. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "When Yi’Asan spoke, he pointed the wand at Richter’s face, “You have come into our home and taken something. We will take it back and for our trouble, we will take your heart as well!” All of the kobolds yipped and barked loudly at their leader’s words.

Richter squinted at the large kobold. “What if I just gave you the Focus Crystal back? Would you be willing to forgive and forget?”

“I am not speaking about a mere crystal and you well know it!” the kobold shouted. “I do not know how you knew to look beneath the crystals for what had long been lost, but you will tell me before you die!”

Richter looked about, honestly confused. “If you don’t want the Focus Crystal, then what do you want?” His Night Vision picked up a glimmer of movement.

“Enough games, human! If you do not wish to speak the truth now, then we will take you back to the tunnels. We shall see how resistant you are after the burrowing worms begin to nest within you!”"
    book 3

If you want it we could have a poll about what this quote means.

Cire122 and Dragon like this.
  18. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    When Yi’Asan spoke, he pointed the wand at Richter’s face, “You have come into our home and taken something. We will take it back and for our trouble, we will take your heart as well!” All of the kobolds yipped and barked loudly at their leader’s words.

Richter squinted at the large kobold. “What if I just gave you the Focus Crystal back? Would you be willing to forgive and forget?”

“I am not speaking about a mere crystal and you well know it!” the kobold shouted. “I do not know how you knew to look beneath the crystals for what had long been lost, but you will tell me before you die!”

Richter looked about, honestly confused. “If you don’t want the Focus Crystal, then what do you want?” His Night Vision picked up a glimmer of movement.

“Enough games, human! If you do not wish to speak the truth now, then we will take you back to the tunnels. We shall see how resistant you are after the burrowing worms begin to nest within you!” Yi’Asan barked an order and the ring of kobolds began to close in on Richter.

“Wait! I’ll tell you what I know!” he said loudly, holding his arms out.

Yi’Asan barked another order and the kobolds stopped moving. The rider looked at him pointedly.

“I know that you feel wronged. I know that I took something from you! I also know something else.” Richter let his last word hang in the air for several seconds. The kobolds leaned in slightly as if afraid to miss his next words. Yi’Asan had opened his mouth to speak when Richter continued, cutting the Mage off. He lowered his voice slightly as if he was sharing a secret, “I know that you should be careful how you talk to me. We are not in your dark little hole anymore! And I KNOW, that when you step into someone else’s house, you should be damn careful how you speak!” Richter’s voice rose through his speech and spittle flew from his lips as he shouted the last sentence at Yi’Asan.

The kobold bared his teeth. “And this!” he said, sweeping his arm around at the trees. “Am I to understand that this forest is your house? Is that what you wanted to tell me? Was that the point of your useless speech and false bravado?”

Richter glared back, matching his enemy’s glare in both will and animosity. Then he broke the gaze and smiled sheepishly, “No. This isn’t my house. It’s theirs,” he said gesturing behind the kobold. Then, because he couldn’t help himself, he said in his best Pacino, “Say ‘ello to ma liddle friends!”

Yi’Asan’s head whipped back and he saw the hundreds of blue glowing dots that now lit up the darkness. Then the sprites released their imbued arrows and the kobolds found another reason to fear the light.

Kong, Aleron. The Land: Alliances: A LitRPG Saga (Chaos Seeds Book 3) (pp. 459-460). Kindle Edition.

I do not think we can conclude the combat mage knew where it was. He seems surprised that Richter found it. I think he was alerted by a quest prompt, either then Richter found it or when he reached the former crystal mine and saw the cubicle.

Also, Richter is a real piece of work in this scene. He basically entered their caverns and robed them, only to call them out for pursuing the robber into someone elses home.

I look forward to seeing Richter try to win the kobolds over, he really needs their numbers to push back against the invaders and he has already created a major fuckup with one of their clans. Given the existence of a level 35 combat mage with 6300 mana in a freaking patrol, it seems the village has bitten off more than they can chew starting a fight with them. Good thing they are busy fighting the ashstalkers.

The kobold clans are poor and the lower-ranked fight over scraps, so there is definitely an angle to be played there. If Aleron wants to go there, Richter couldget off easy by paying the blood price in the form of gold, gear and weaponry. It should help alot that he has the dragonkin mark, if the kobold nestling imprints on him - as we know it will, I mean the gagvalue - that would be another good card on Richter's hand.

Johan and Cire122 like this.
  19. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A poll it is.

20. S'ahelas

S'ahelas Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Its a cool idea of having the kobold kid grow up with his own human kids as brothers, and uniting the kobold race and allying them with humans. Ive been waiting for this storyline more than any others. Its his first step to creating an empire, by helping another race refund their own empires and allying with them.

ShoughtLoud likes this.