Banished Logs, Stardate...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Paul Bellow, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oh, wait, I'm mixing canons!

Seriously, though, had a colony in Banished up over 100 in 30 or so "years" of game time. Then my food balance got all messed up and they all started dying!

I'm finding it a quick get in and get out game for a bit of mental relaxation. I've bought Life is Feudal Forest Village - which is basically better Banished (??), but I haven't fired that up until I "master" Banished.

Here's some new ones coming out. I've not played any of the Anno series yet either.

Maybe I'll post some screenshots or something in the future.

Anyone playing?

2. lordtedders

lordtedders Level 8 (Thug) LitRPG Author Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

60%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Looks like a lot of fun and I definitely love resource based games. However, just watching it at the beginning was like waiting for paint to dry!

Paul Bellow likes this.
  3. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You can speed it up to 10x which moves it pretty quickly.

4. lordtedders

lordtedders Level 8 (Thug) LitRPG Author Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

60%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, I saw that after the first few minutes and was like phew! No way could I be at 1X speed the entire time :p

Paul Bellow likes this.
  5. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It's weird some of the things you can do. Like, for example, if you have an uneducated person in a house or job you don't want, schedule the house for demolition - which kicks them out - and then turn it back on and get a younger couple to move in and start making babies! Haha.

I've been thinking of how I can use some of the stats for the LitRTS / GameLit novels next year.

I used to be an amateur crastinator. Now I'm a Pro! ;)

lordtedders likes this.
  6. lordtedders

60%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I've got to admit I'm currently relying on all my old gaming knowledge to write. Just don't have time for work, toddler, writing and gaming at the moment. As soon as my son is capable of not eating the controller he will be my excuse to game again.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  7. Alexis Keane

Alexis Keane Level 14 (Defender) Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

62%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Frost Punk looks so good... Child labor here I come...

Paul Bellow and CheshirePhoenix like this.