Blueprints, Templates, Recipes, Schematics, etc.

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I was talking about the older swing it around cord/strap Sling, not a Catapult Sling Shot.

2. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    yeah... yeah that makes more sense.

but where would he get ammo for that? it would almost have to be regular rounded rocks found on the ground, hardly the most effective ammunition. Maybe enchanted jevels?

3. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Rock will work. Just matters if he can imbue it or not.

Though I also don't see why he can imbue small rocks he throws at the enemy.

[​IMG]

4. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Another possible Ranged weapon would be a something like a Small Atlatl or Woomera, basically a Stick or Bone with are shaped notch in it that is used to Throw Darts, Javelins or Spears further and harder, works similar to those Dog Ball Throwers. Used a lot by Aborigines and Meyans/Aztecs, amongst others. Could use it to throw those spikes further, (could also be used to lob Weaponised Potions).

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    Johan likes this.
  5. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I suggested awhile back to Aleron that as his Imbue Arrow Skill gets high enough that he might be able to learn to use it on other things then arrows, things like Crossbow Bolts, Small Javelins and things like Throwing Sticks or Boomerangs, but that the more metal in them the harder and more unstable they are to Imbue, works best in mostly Wood, at least till very high Levelled. He said it was an interesting idea and that he would think in it. Might create a Sub-Skill of Imbue Arrow. Wether he will or not we will just have to wait an see.

Johan likes this.
  6. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    My guess is Richter would have no idea how to build one. A sling is within his capabilities.

I'm not sure its the best way to spend his time though, caltrops would make for a nasty weapon against some of the critters he has met.

Now that i think about it, the goblins wear crappy gear, might they be vulnerable to caltrops?

7. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I like the idea of using the imbue arrow skill with a fragmentation device. Though maybe too good.
    [​IMG]

8. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What's that clip from?

Can most likely make something like that via Alchemy and Crafting.

9. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Swordfish

crafting and smithing could do it. I dont think Alchemy would be needed. A heavy arrow made into a ball bearing group head would do it.

10. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Alchemy would likely give the best explosives for it though

11. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    True, but no need if sprites can do it well enough with imbue arrow.

12. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    slings are a specialty of Kindr ppl.. they have been making those for millennia
    Also they do not require metal for say, could be done using it though.. and animal hides should be super easy to come by for them. Sure they can make it. but..

I'd bet they could make it, but not a such high quality as MV. Also they probably can't enchant it and don't have the powdered crystal..
    Furthermore making such a high level item would level up Krom, and before making it we can most def make copies, then trade them to other allies.
    I see this as a very good weapon for kids and elderly..

13. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Its the high tensile materials that i doubt the kindir have the skills and tech to make and use.

14. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Depends, its like magic, potions, ingredients of some random mush dried in the sun and then after 5 days boiled in the pot for 12h with seeds of the Bengalian tree. That high tensile material for you.
    I could agree kindr might lack lack metals, still in the LAnd you can find resources anywhere and everywhere.

15. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think #2 is more referring to templates. For example the ring template from Enalise was upgraded by him learning a better fortify health spell.

16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    High tensile material isn't magical nonsense, its a real thing. It makes perfect sense to use high tensile materials when making a sling. Probably not something the kindir will just make, they would need a highlevel crafter or perhaps a smith. Kender are usually not that big on crafting. Good gatherers though, especially of other people's stuff.

17. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    IIRC That was upgraded (for him only) by purchasing certain talents. The fortify health spell sumiko gave him just allowed him to actually craft the finished product, since Enalise couldn't teach him the enchantment, just the crafting portion

18. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    no quite, it was a talent.

Know This! Material Potential I and Common Material I are Synergistic Talents. By purchasing both, your known Template: Ring of Health, has advanced. The maximum Enchantment rank for this item has increased from “1” to “2”, which increases the base health provided from +5 to +10. The Item Class of the resultant ring has also increased from common to uncommon. The potential for other Templates may be also be automatically increased. This benefit is for you alone and will not aid others that find the same Template. Advance either Talent to the next rank to possibly advance the capabilities of your Templates again.

Kong, Aleron. The Land: Predators: A LitRPG Saga (Chaos Seeds Book 7) . Tamori Publications, LLC. Kindle Edition.

do you think a talent synergy will allow a blueprint to advance a rank?

19. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Would that really surprise anyone? That's right up AK's alley.

Stealing and then improving templates is what is really going to ramp up the FOH. I predict it here. Better templates create a higher chance for a masterwork to be created. We need masterworks to level the FOH. When the dwarves come to help with the basilisk alliance there will be at least a adept smith. The FOH goes to level 2 and Richter uses the core token to take it to level 3.

20. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    But wouldn't it be easier to master craft a simpler schematic than a more complex one? The rank 3 sling schematic requires a professed Smith to even complete.