Book 9 Release Date

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Legend-Dairy-Reader, Feb 4, 2021.

1. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He does + audible, but comics will bring a ton of new buyers and from them the revenue stream will only increase.. and then maybe netflix maybe movie.. maybe game

2. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He needs to outsource the other books to different authors and focus on Richter's story.

3. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    As annoying as it can be, I understand his point about working on other projects helping with the quality of his original project. However I might be more interested in the comic if it wasn’t a remake of the original story.

I would like to see him allow others to write in his world. We could easily follow another chaos seeds journey on the other side of the world.

Belgared, Mister Bill and PokemonThug like this.
  4. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don’t know about other authors but I’m fine with a good original series. It’s just that he keeps adding to it when it’s already good.

5. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Any news lately?

PokemonThug, AndyJ and Mister Bill like this.
  6. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wish!

Dragon likes this.
  7. AndyJ

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    As the saying goes,
    No news is bad news

Joe Schmoe and Dragon like this.
  8. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He won’t ever out source anything. He likes being the MAN way to much. You can see that when he does his question and answers. For those that haven’t been there for it it’s all questions no answers. It really has devolved into a personal praise show with shout outs. For such a clearly intelligent guy it’s pretty sad. I think the bright lights have caused his writing delays and the weakness of the last book. If he would apply the love of the lime light to his writings he could be known as a great writer.

Drasius, AndyJ and Mister Bill like this.
  9. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That’s proof Aleron has issues with writing. If he can’t have someone else take his original stories and break them down into comic books he will never achieve what he has claimed he wants to do. Which that really doesn’t surprise me at all. After all he hasn’t held to any of his own self proclaimed dates of publication.

AndyJ likes this.
  10. AndyJ

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think that you are absolutely right. His ego won't let him even consider that another author is good enough to carry his torch. Dakota Krout outsourced with his Divine Dungeon and Completionist series with success. He should learn from that. It will eventually bite AK in the ass when he completely devolves into just an announcer of new project after new project without producing anything because he lost his writing spark.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  11. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hopefully y’all post any updates you come across. I’m starting to think that maybe the book won’t be out by July.

Joe Schmoe and ShoughtLoud like this.
  12. AndyJ

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No chance of July since he hasn't even posted early chapters to his Patreon Posse. At this point I'd say September since the excuses keep coming without and mention of progress.

13. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    July was promised and I believe it will be July. July 2022 as intended.

Belgared likes this.
  14. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Dude he has made similar promises before if you recall, and didn’t meet them. I look forward to you being right< but I don’t expect you are.

15. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Please reread carefully ;)

Mister Bill and Belgared like this.
  16. Belgared

Belgared Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I thought that addition of 2022 was freaking hilarious.

17. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    pff krout stole AK's idea, the entire "Village creation on the Mountain" idea is identical to as MV(AK then stole "The L. DUNGEON" so slap for a slap). Also Krout had some really good shit in the beginning, but then just started pumping meh stuff, like first books are good, but then the quality drops by a ton. AK is solid in every book, thats why we can reread them a dozen times each. F.E. Dungeon starts with the protagonist vs the world.. and by book 3 is politics in every direction you look at(boring politics) Also somehow enemies have reached lvl 10000000 while we are at lvl 300.. +- progression is too fast and too Gigantic.. can't relate to it at all.
    Seems like Dakota was pressed by publishers for dump books and he pumped them hard.
    Noticed this with multiple authors: Atamanov(reality benders), Mahannenko(way of the shaman).. first books are great(1-3) the others(+-3-7) meh
    And its obvious why, they don't take 15 months to write a new/next book. but only 3 mo or so.

Can wait for 3 weeks super busy now, but after 3 weeks I shall contemplate motivation for book 9 with scuttle ideas...

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  18. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I look forward to you being wrong, but I don’t expect you are

Dragon and Joe Schmoe like this.
  19. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Politics can be awesome. But it requires factions with discernible differences, motivations, passions, loyalties, life. Such differences should be especially profound between species, such as it being all but unthinkable for a dwarf to turn on his kin or for a gnome to not be a huge science nerd.

In krouts world there are minuscule differences between the natural outlook of an orc, a dwarf or any other humanoid. Its a huge flaw common modern fiction. For some reason authors seem to think that everyone must have the same standard outlook and the same standard inclinations, which ends up with a lot of boring gray nonsense where no one is allowed to be good or evil. Only selfish, apathetic, boring characters that barely care about their own are allowed.

The worst part is when an author starts infodumping character excuses in the middle of something questionable instead of allowing the characters actions the speak for themselves. That kills all the tension, all the sense of exploring the characters motives because the author just told you he won't bother with a real motive, just some gray nonsense where genocide isn't evil because the dear leader stubbed his toe as a child.

Mister Bill, Belgared and PokemonThug like this.
  20. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well put, Sir!
    Some authors do build the world around the story really well, the characters with insurmountable depth and Character, entire races with specific traits and behavioral algorithms.. and other just dump identical races with little to no difference.
    F.E. Kindr ... you can really feel them in a story, stealing shit, having fun.. you do care about them.. not unlike other random tribes.
    Also AK did plan for 50 books so the progression is very "lineral"