Book 9 Release Date

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Legend-Dairy-Reader, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I just hope he doesn’t have another entire crappy chapter. To me it was neither interesting nor funny.

Drasius likes this.
  2. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    In some ways the greatest chapter in the book. Way too many authors have their characters cramming down all sorts of magical crap with them gaining powerful resistances left and right instead of suffering consequences.

Richter ate bad food and all he got as a reward for being stupid was sick. Its one of the best moments in the series solely because Richter's stupidity and grotesquely high confidence came back to bite his ass.

3. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ok I see your point but did it really deserve a whole chapter? A paragraph would have been more than fine, and even that would have been a bit much. Diarrhea isn’t something that someone should wax poetically about. At least not if you have escaped the absurdity of your teenage years. Fart jokes are not the pinnacle of humor.

Drasius likes this.
  4. Belgared

Belgared Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree that the diarrhea part actually showcases actual consequences for a bad decision. Which most authors do not for the most part include. Another example of Richter making a bad decision was trusting the assassin chick who tortured him to death. For blindly trusting a woman, he pays a very heavy price.

Albatross1873 likes this.
  5. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    These are the moments that allow me to stomach richter. The pendulum of luck needs to go back and forth, not just in the good direction. Take stupid risks, get stupid prizes.

Albatross1873 and Drasius like this.
  6. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Dysentery has been one of the biggest dangers and threats to Armies and Adventurers (and regular people) throughout history and is something that is woethery under recognised and talked about in most adventure books and stories.

Mister Bill likes this.
  7. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    we are still waiting for the other f**k to drop the name of the wind new part for 6+ years and its never coming...

8. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Interesting point about bad reviews, but is it?
    upload_2021-10-24_17-37-33.png

seems like it is, basic ppl not getting the beauty of the DAngler...
    I disagree with the writers block, he is doing way too much now: a comics series(writing, reviewing, design, publishing, sales), trying to get in/on/ontop of netflix/movie industry, game, board game, mobile game etc... Conferences, selling merch, talking with readers, hes organizing LitCon now... book printing, hes growing a business and its great that he has an assistant. Book translations to like 24 languages... its crazy, this guy has a plan, but I agree its strange hes not writing, not even doing a patreon 1 chapter a mo release.

I would not expect a better book, or a great book, I would hope for a not worse book than 8. Hes way too busy to go all into writing. Hes missing shit, he does not think about his books enough in my opinion I think some of us know the logic behind the books even better than him. This is truly truly sad, I'm not certain we will get book 7 quality book again...

9. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would enjoy to use this tool vs bugbears, poison is nice, plague is better, just consider,morale dmg, resource drain, effectiveness loss, plus style points for using that.

10. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    lol

11. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You know what might be worse? What if the beta readers are catching a ton of mistakes?

12. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I laughed the first time I read it (skipped it the second time) because it caught me totally by surprise. I was running through the book day one like usual and it hit me hard.
    I completely agree on the other comments about fluff and it overall not being as good. I mean, if you’re gonna have filler at least make the book as long as #7 (but please leave out the filler).

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  13. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Amen brother!

Mister Bill likes this.
  14. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Literally horrifying. But also means he needs a few gamma readers to "fine tooth comb" it.

Mister Bill likes this.
  15. bnaz

bnaz Level 7 (Cutpurse) Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The fact that it’s almost November and still nothing concrete is alarming. Unless he is waiting until nov 1 to say it’s coming out in December, I think you can pretty much guarantee no books this year. And that pisses me off to no end. The pace of production has already slipped into the realm of ridiculous. Somebody needs to tell him that a comic is meaningless if it comes at the expense of more
    Books.

16. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If you give him any criticism you get banned so that doesn't work.

If we get 50,000 signatures on a petition legally the President must respond to it. That may be our only chance to force him to get a publisher to ride his ass and actually write.

Drasius, Mister Bill and bnaz like this.
  17. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m my humble opinion if Aleron found himself out of his comfort zone. That is making less money then he needs or wants things would change. The man has worked very hard at every angle he could to free himself from the burden of work. I know some here believe that he isn’t making that much money but their is a point where a person has enough income to be happy and not enough to be hungry. As it is Aleron is financially comfortable. That allows him time where he can experiment with a diversification of his labors. If he wasn’t in such a position he wouldn’t be experimenting and trying to derive new opportunities for income.

Drasius likes this.
  18. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Greed vs Need.

I don't think Aleron will get motivated by a lack of money (he has made plenty from his Patreon, books, audiobooks and merch as long as he is a little frugal), but I think he will start to see less interest in his work if he keeps postponing books. Fans can be fickle, and its not like most of us are invested in Aleron as a person, beyond a vague sense of wishing him well.

Anyone who calls himself the father of American Litrpg, probably has some "small" need for attention. Aleron is greedy for that most of all, at least that is my read.

19. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He is like a dog that never gets petted.

20. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Dude has to have made bank. He’s made top Amazon lists, for heaven’s sake. I see no way he’s not doing very well even before we get into the fact that he’s a frigging doctor.

Captain BlackJack likes this.