Burglar calls police after breaking into an escape room

Discussion in 'The Tavern' started by Paul Bellow, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    VANCOUVER, Wa. — Generally, you’re supposed to break out of an escape room, not into one. But in Vancouver, Washington, a man had to call the police for help after he broke into NW Escape Experience and couldn’t get out.

“Once we got down there [to the business] and realized the damage was minimal, we just thought it was hilarious,” owner Rob Bertrand told CNN Tuesday.

Escape rooms have gained popularity in recent years. Groups work together under a time limit, finding clues and solving puzzles, to get out of rooms.

The burglar inadvertently tried his hand at the team-building craze on Sunday morning.

“When he got in he just kind of made himself at home,” Bertrand said. “He actually stole one beer from the refrigerator. The police say he also had a burrito.”

“We assume he was going to have a nice warm breakfast,” he added.

Burglar calls police after breaking into an escape room — and not being able to find his way out

Yuli Ban likes this.
  2. Jay

Jay Hiatus. LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

30%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Okay, I get why he took a cell phone and even the beer, but...why in the heck did he want with a TV remote? Not even the TV!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Yuli Ban likes this.
  3. Jun

Jun Level 13 (Assassin) LitRPG Author Citizen

95%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm trying to figure out the motivation for that break in.

4. Kidlike101

Kidlike101 Level 18 (Magician) Citizen

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't get why he didn't just schedule a game like everyone else. They aren't that expensive.

Though I suspect his street cred just dropped to an all time low at this point.

[​IMG]