Castle fortifications

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Dragon, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    True, they had acceptable combat discipline. But outside of combat they showed little discipline and coordination. At least my impression was that their guards were not up to snuff at all, and many of the others were lazing around.

2. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wouldn't want to use goblin build infrastructure regardless. Richter has a number of dwarves that know stonework. Once the caravan arrives, he will have more.

My first step would be the constructing of a fortress in the western gap, something capable of holding it for a while. Once that is done, the only other entry can be fortified, or collapsed if Richter doesn't want the goblins to come back that way.

Its quite possible the goblins have pulled out most of their forces from somewhere else, but there is no way to tell where. Besides, Richter's forces weren't in a condition to fight a second battle.

3. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well Ricther has a goblin hold for a town hall.

After the bloodstone had killed all the reinforcements it had left a large portion of Ricthers forces behind. It would have been prudent for him to have used the healthiest of those fighters to return with him after he meet them in the field. After a good rest they could have returned the rest of the way to scout out the other camp. It would still be a good idea even at a week or two afterwards. Ricthers side of his alliance is the weak side. Unlike the Sprite forces he doesn’t Scout. Scouting is one of the most critical actions anyone can partake in. Knowing where the enemy is, how many there are, and where they will be next is very important.

Mister Bill likes this.
  4. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ah, I meant more the cannonballs or spells being thwarted by feet of dirt. But for tunneling I’d totally go your direction.

5. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He definitely needs to send out scouts. The meidons would be good teams, especially after they’ve trained in the barracks a bit. Plus they could get herbs and such on their way to and from their scouting missions.