Center of knowledge

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Dragon, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    In order for a building to affect the entire land, or even just an entire continent, it needs a magic presence in the physical realm, cognitive realm, and spiritual realm; hence the need for 3 cores. ;)

Joe Schmoe likes this.
  2. Commander Azure

Commander Azure Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I do think issues might crop up, but not with charisma. I mean (just a guess) but after a humongous amount of points someone may have to invest points in dex to prevent overbalancing from their assets, but that's the only issue that I can actually think of for charisma, and I don't think that it would come before a few hundred were in charisma but non were in dex. Does that sort of make sense?

3. Waterhobit

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    With the addition of a librarian to the village, I think it is a foregone conclusion that a library (core or otherwise) will be created in the village once Richter returns. But yes, finding or purchasing more books will need to be a priority soon. Unless Mama or Tamitu is bringing a small library's worth of books with them.

My assumption was that a core library building would have specific perks regarding acquisition and preservation of books:

Know This! At level 1, your core library allows up to 5 spell books and 1 skill book to be read each day. Any books read up to this limit will not be destroyed upon learning said skill or ability.
    At level 1, your core library only allows the preservation of Novice level books.

Know This! A primary function of your core building is the purchase of new books. Alteration points may be spent to acquire new lore books, magical tomes, blueprints, schematics, or maps.

Know This! New books, tomes, blueprints, schematics, and maps may occasionally be spawned randomly within the shelves of your core library using any unspent alteration points. Know This! Because of your chaotic nature as the ruler of this place of power, the likelyhood of such random occurences is incrased by +100%.

Know This! The time needed to copy or produce manuscripts is reduced by 15% when scribed within a core library.

Edit (Adding):

Know This! This core building increases the likelihood of successfully learning spells from spell-books by 50%.

Know This! For choosing to use a bookshelf made from a legendary material (Wood of the Quickening) in the construction of your core library, your core library will receive the following legendary bonus: Tomes scribed within the core library have a chance of having their writing style upgraded to Celestial Script.
    Know This! Celestial Script is a writing style specific to the Celestial Language. In addition to the normal benefits of a writing style, spell books written in Celestial Script have a chance to increase the Life or Light affinities of a reader.

Know This! Your core building (Library) is about to be constructed adjacent to a level 3 House of Scholarship. These two buildings are synergistic. For this reason you may choose to merge the level 3 House of Scholarship into this new core building. All bonuses granted by the House of Scholarship will be applied to this core building instead. And the resultant core building will be considered both a House of Scholarship and a Library within the village interface. Future leveling of the core library will increase the House of Scholarship bonuses as well.

Be warned this will permanently consume the House of Scholarship. While the magic core, may be recovered at any time, the House of Scholarship would be lost.

Would you like to merge the level 3 House of Scholarship with your new core building? Yes or No?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    Joe Schmoe and Johan like this.
  4. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There is a draw back to over doing charisma. It should be obvious. Charisma makes you prettier and if you don’t look like you can defend your self....

5. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A combo of maxing Dex and charisma would be preferred in Richtær tavern/brothel. Will the twins end up running it?

6. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    They are busy running Richter's menagerie. My impression is they are rather promiscious but that doesn't mean they liked being prostitutes. They left a highclass brothel where they were likely treated pretty well due to being really valuable and beautiful (though if I remember right they were raised by the brothel to be prostitutes, which is just wrong), for a village in the middle of nowhere. Could be something as simple as wanting to choose who they sleep with though, so maybe they will run his brothel.

More likely they will keep on f**cking that powerful lord they've attached themselves to, instead of sweaty mineworkers and adventurers.

7. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well we don’t know yet if the girl got knocked up or not, so that would complicate things a bit for her

8. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It might complicate her life a little though there is a long history of royal mistresses (not necesarily a disreputable position) and bastards. In the land you make them swear an oath not to seek the throne, and you make their siblings swear oaths not to kill them or each other as they squabble over the throne. Probably some pretty heavy debuffs for kinslaying.

9. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A Core Library might allow the possible access to L Space, a Library offshoot/counter part of the Labyrinth? Although probably wouldn't be a Level 1 accessible Ability.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  10. Cire122

Cire122 Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It could just be a repository of the knowledge that the research giving bonuses for having reference material to build off of. So the more research you do on a branch the more bonuses you get researching that branch.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  11. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Would it be worth it to use Futon as the catalyst for a core library?

12. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No. First off, he is a sentient being, using him as a piece of building material is abhorrent and evil. Kill him if its necesary, its the Good thing to do.

Secondarily, Futen is pretty useful in his current position, he has access to a lot of things Richter does not. That may change in the future if Richter deepens his bond with the pop, but for now he is necesary.

13. Waterhobit

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yea I think the HM cautioned Richter about even dehumanizing Futon with pronoun choice. She cautioned that it could lead him down a dark direction. I'm pretty sure turning him into a construction material might be a little worse.

Commander Azure likes this.
  14. Cire122

Cire122 Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I am pretty sure she was cautioning about calling goblins "things" when he was talking about the goblins he and Sion killed when taking the MV.

Johan likes this.
  15. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The mage or evil master has already turned himself or his mage into a Cortana for the village. That was probably evil already, unless it is just a copy of the mental engram used as a village building material (interface). A blood god made an evil blood stone from its own blood. A sentient chaotic blood stone used itself as a building material for Richter's Dungeon, which was not evil. I dont know if the sentience is the same being in the Dungeon or not, but I also do not know if it is dead. For Futen, I do not know if the village interface would persist or/and be upgraded by the magic core process. Nor do we know if Futen would be unable to be extracted. If Futen turns evil, then it could be a bad idea to use the thing in a core building, or it could fix the issue and remove a problem. This is consistent to Richter's idea of using sentient being's souls in enchanting or other options to remove an chaos seed off the board. This could also be seen as similar to adding his not arguably sentient (really smart at the end) snake as building material for the Dungeon, when it became a problem.

Is this any different from adding a magic core to Futen with a different third object (flavour)? maybe, maybe not.

16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

RedzPeng likes this.
  17. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I told you before shove the magic core up his butt.

Johan likes this.