Chaos Lord Blessings - Error?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Legend-Dairy-Reader, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Legend-Dairy-Reader

Legend-Dairy-Reader Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hey guys, just checking a possible error here in book 7/8. There are two possible inconsistencies here regarding the catalyst blessings Richtor received in book 7:

“As the Catalyst for the Age of Chaos, you are Blessed by the Lords of Chaos. Your Catalyst Blessing awards you the following boons:
    1) +100% earned Chaos Points from any source 2) One free purchase from the Sea of Chaos. You may use this at any time.
    3) +1 to the accessible stratum of the Sea of Chaos”

Blessing number 1: +100% Chaos Points from any source, there are multiple instances of Richtor receiving chaos points without any reference to this bonus, a specific example is here in book 8:

“This is your 2nd Choice. For making a Choice in the allotted time you are awarded: 7 Chaos Points.”

The fact that the number of points received is an odd number makes me think AK has forgotten all about this blessing. If that is the case, Richtor, who received 600CP for evolving (500 CP as the first Chaos Lord) and leveling up (100 CP as his tier 2 level ups grant him) could theoretically be owed 600+ additional points.

Blessing number 2: One free purchase from the sea of chaos. Richtor as far as I can find never actually used this, every purchase from the Sea of Chaos has deducted points from his CP beyond the price of access. This could be monumental giving his deeper access to the Sea of Chaos now in order to get home.

Three options I can see moving forward:
    1. Do you think AK should retroactively payout these inconsistencies?
    2. Do you think he should just make sure they are included moving forward?
    3. Or, should he just act like they never existed in the first place?

Drasius likes this.
  2. Sleepyhe4d

Sleepyhe4d Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I just think of it like this: Everyone else gets less. Also the points are only numbers to represent the power. If he gets 7 points like in your example he maybe got power from 6.7 points but had 0.3 points left to get the full 7 points. Just makes the whole thing easier.

I always wondered about the free purchase and I hope he uses it later on. Probably it’s some other chaos seed who reminds him ^^

3. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It's also something good to hold on to. He doesn't lose it, like he can chaos points. There are deeper stratums to the sea and it gets more expensive the farther down you go. I'd see if I can find the bottom before using a free purchase

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  4. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    4. Any source might be misleading. Direct rewards from the system could be excepted.

5. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    nice notice, shoot him an email.. if you have subscribed to the newsletter.

Mister Bill likes this.