Chaos Seed Statistics

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by S'ahelas, Sep 30, 2021.

1. S'ahelas

S'ahelas Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I am wondering if anyone has put thought in to how many chaos seeds out there will survive long enough to be anything.

Given we know that humans from all aspects of ability are dropped in randomly into the land at level 1. They don't speak languages of the people. The vast majority have no combat skills, or other transferable skills. How many die on arrival?

These are of course approximations, but an interesting thought exercise.

1,000,000,000 people were sucked into the land, randomly placed.
    70 percent of the land is entirely inhospitable, due to oceans, high mountain tundras, middle or rivers, caverns, etc. (70 percent of Earth is water, we don't have a map of the land but ill carry the stat)
    300,000,000 people live through the first day.

Most people have no skills applicable to the land. People with medical experience like Ritcher are exceptions, and still only limited in usefulness, as for example a surgeon still may not have much practical knowledge to stop a wolf bite from becoming infected without medicine. This even goes for survivalists: someone familiar with hunting and gathering on earth may rely on tools like knives, lighters, guns, compound bows, a familiarity of the bugs and plants and animals in the area. Without the advantages, many of the small cross section of people that are able to take from the earth's natural environment will struggle in the land. Have you ever heard of the show Alone, about amateur survivalists who see who can live the longest alone in an earth environment? These people don't even do well on earth when they have to rely completely on themselves! How about the regular Joe who goes on a hike once a month and has never killed more than a mosquito?

The only way these people to survive is to find civilization. But no one can communicate, no one has money or any other tradable good. I will be generous and say that two thirds of the remaining people in the land do not survive the first month.
    100,000,000 people make it to civilization and have a chance.

There are specialized skills people could use, like for example an engineer could make some fancy machinery, but to do so they need significant stability and resources to make use of their skills. A lawyer or restaurant manager or car mechanic are useless. The people who have skills in carpentry, marketing, working with animals, these people may be able to use their past lives to help establish themselves. Everyone else have no family, support network, skills, wealth, anything, to help them. They are essentially refugees in a world in which someone directly, tangibly benefits from killing them. Most of these people will be hard pressed to feed themselves, to stay sane and not commit suicide, let alone level up and gain power. Perhaps it does Ritcher some good to find some of these beggar chaos seeds and help them. But really they are just like all the other NPCs: not a threat, not anything unique in the land.
    5,000,000 grow to level five or higher.

This leaves only a few million people in the world. These people are probably powerful. If they can survive the beginning and are able to establish themselves, not only do they likely have strong abilities which continue to give them an advantage, a mindset and will to grow and survive, but also they have auras which make things happen. From the brief POV in the courts we know the chaos seeds are unsettling even powerful established empires. They are few, and they are killing themselves and making fatal mistakes, but those who survive on this jupiter sized planet are the ones Ritcher must think about.
    2,000,000 become powerful and don't make deadly mistakes.
    jupiter is 24 billion square miles.
    This means there is one of these savant chaos seeds every 12000 square miles, about the size of Maryland. For a medieval society, this is a large distance between people. Ritcher may find a few, but not dozens.

Mister Bill likes this.
  2. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You forgot to factor in that other Chaos Seeds are being Unconsciously pulled towards him, and now he's a Chaos Lord that is likely to become stronger and increase in effect and speed.
    Plus the ReSpawn mechanic will give at least some who wouldn't normally have much of a chance to Survive are chance to Learn and Survive, assuming they have a semi functioning brain and don't Spawn somewhere with Absolutely no chance of Survival.
    Also the fact that The Land grants Skills should help somewhat, as might whatever Abilities they might have?

Belgared and Mister Bill like this.
  3. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think you need to adjust the survival percentage for the first day up. Probably closer to 50%, assuming there is no inbuilt biases in the selection criteria - people spawning over the ocean being more likely to be of a waterdwelling or flying race - allowing a higher survival rate.

Of the 300.000.000 most are likely going to eventually stumble into a settlement somewhere or at least find a water source. Humans can survive up to 3 days without water and weeks without food. Others are going to get picked up by the locals for some reason or another. I'd be surprised if 10 million died the final death from starvation and thirst.

Most of them probably will end up as low-class servants, having very little to offer the nonhumans. But in time more succesful chaos seeds will likely start recruting them, as they make for decent recruits. +50% stats and access to the sea of chaos.

I'm pretty sure chaos seeds spawn a lot closer to each other than you think. Aleron placed dozens in various slave camps for heman to find, not to mention the ones Heman caught on his own. There are plenty around.

It could be Richter warping chance I suppose.

4. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Also it's statistically improbable that they are evenly spaced around the planet. Which adds an uncertain amount of chaos to trying to populate hard numbers.

But even if only 0.1% of the original billion survive past their first month in the land (accounting for respawn timers) that's still a million chaos seeds, from the first billion. More are going and those making active deals to reach the Land would likely have a better starting place than middle of no where ocean/ volcano/ dinosaur lands.

This is true for just normal every day Landians looking for people. Even if they start out low in the job spectrum, if they have the chance to gain levels they will distinguish themselves early with stats alone around levels 8-10. 6 free to place points is no joke. More successful chaos seeds will recruit them not because of stats or sea of chaos, but because the really successful ones would become chaos lords. Not likely to be seen anytime soon, beyond Richter and maybe 3-4~ others with just absolutely broken chaos seed circumstances, but I'd say in maybe 2-3 years the less broken and very hard working among the chaos seeds could definitely reach Lord.

Mister Bill likes this.
  5. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not to mention the more powerful seeds warping probability through their chaos auras. Richter's mere existence apparently warps the world enough that chaos seeds are heading in that direction. Its probable that he and others are also warping initial spawning sites towards themselves.

The bonus is significant, but I'm not sure how many of them will reach lord. Knight or champion I could see. All the good stuff of being lord, but few of the duties outside of war.

6. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Chaos Lord, not land owner haha

Mister Bill likes this.
  7. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That I find unlikely. Its a legendary ranked evolution that requires chaos 2, being human AND lifetime "collection" of 100 chaos points. I may be wrong but I think collection here means harvested from other chaos seeds.

That means everyone who gets it has murdered other seeds, and likely more than once.

8. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If they're starting at chaos 2 they get to 100 by the time they get to 45. I'm under the impression it's just a running total, why put limits on how chaos points are collected?
    The big one would be getting to chaos 2 from chaos 1.

The thing about a billion and counting is how ungodly large that number is. I'm not saying many, but people who would easily be Richter's peer if they were given the same abilities and chances Richter has been, but weren't, will make it in a few years time since they'll have to go the extra distance.

9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Just by levelling to 45 you earn 270 chaos points. Its impossible not to fullfill the requirement if those count, which makes the requirement meaningless. So why would Aleron put it in at all?

I think you have to collect those points yourself from other Chaos seeds or possibly from sources of chaos. That seems to be a big part of what a chaos lord does.

10. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    1. Say you are on of those 70% and fall in an ocean... then what? Die & die & die... No I think you will re spawn in a semi safe place, whats the point of multiple life's if you get killed instantly in an ocean.. and the re-spawn should pick a starter zone whatever that means, if you fall into an ocean your class should be a shark-person whatever... Like the mole dude being spawned underground or same with gnome-heman. Still I bet AK is just Dramatizing with this random death.
    2. Chaos dudes have chaos points, thats like a free uzi & some pizza... well they will have them 5mo after so by this time might be dead.
    3. we are far from medieval civ, with teleportation, flying and superhuman stats... still for newbies first few weeks will be rough.. But finding civilization should be relatively easy, just follow the nearest river.
    4. Abilities some have them, even Heman had one, this is a BIG boost, Also common language should be known by default, probably based on your race. f.e. if u human why not speak human? If u be troll why not troll...

One of the biggest problems I see is when you reach the civilization, you have nothing, and look like shit.. no one will want to talk to you, you have nothing to trade, and I do not think begging is an option. Maybe you could get some basic job as a grave digger.. Even if you have skills in carpentry getting an apprenticeship by a carpenter is super difficult. Already probably has an apprentice.

On the contrary I think Martial arts experts and sword masters would do great, they have the skills, and probably the body to do well.

11. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well they can always sign away a couple years of work for a place to sleep in some barn, food enough to survive and 15 hour work days. That should allow them to pick up the basics of the local language as well as a few fundamental skills.

Establishing a foundation is the first really hard step. Once you can survive whether its as a street whore or as a laborer, you can start bettering your situation little by little.

First goal, get a handful of skills to level 10. If you can do that with 6 skills, you'd gain 6000 exp without taking much of a risk, enough to reach level 4 (24 stat points + 24 chaos points, enough to get some garbage from the sea of chaos). Training a skill to level 10 shouldn't be too difficult, as long as they invest a couple months of free time. If chaos seeds have an advantage from gaming it is knowing the value of grinding.

Once they have better stats, can talk the local language and have a few marketable skills, they can start looking for slightly better working conditions than the "bottom of the barrel" work they started out doing, while working their way towards personal level 10 by skillgrinding any skills they can learn.

12. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I suspect that they will be given the capability to Speak Trade Common and possibly the most common version of their Faces Language.

13. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    ? The regular amount for a chaos seed is 2 times the chaos alignment. You don't get any from level 1. So at 45 a non-richterized chaos seed with an alignment of 1 would only have accumulated 88. And that's after the age of chaos began. They didn't get back logged chaos points. So any chaos seed with an alignment of 2 needs to be at or below level 20 at that point in book 6 in order to get to 100 by the time they hit 45 assuming no other source of income. Chaos alignments of 3 needed to be at or below 28.

I get what your saying though, but chaos is chaos. As long as you hit the number why bother with how it got there? Now I think the number could be increased to say 150. This wouldn't lock out a chaos alignment of 2 if they were getting points from level 2 on, but it would raise the bar for a Legendary evolution and discount a lot of the initial load of chaos seeds.

Or maybe the evolution requirements change after each person claims the Chaos Lord Ascension path. Shits legendary and does 'twang the strands of fate' or some shit upon completion of Ascension.

14. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter gains eight points per level at tier 1. I'm not sure whether there is an exact description anywhere of how Aleron reaches that number.

But lets be honest, if you know about the chaos lord evolution, its pretty much a given that many will go for it, even if they have to wait an extra 6 levels for 45.

Not to mention, most won't be human so that version of chaos lord isn't available.

15. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter gains double points from any source as part of the blessing from the Lords of Chaos, there's a minor quote where he references the blessing in relation to the level up points. I'll try to find it

Edit: here we go, Book 7 Chapter 7 right after he makes his choice to get Feel of chaos

'As the Catalyst for the Age of Chaos ... your catalyst blessing awards you the following 1)+100%... 2)Free Shit... 3)+1stratum...
    Richter considered what he had just read. It definitely explained some things. First, that he only should have gotten four chaos points for each level he reached. That made more sense. It suggested that the base number of chaos points he earned each level were due to his alignment. Of course for everything he learned...'

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    Dragon likes this.
  16. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 13 (Assassin) Exiles Citizen

88%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well the water problem isn’t even a garantee of death considering that some chaos seeds are arriving as monsters, a good portion of those will likely drop in as a water breather or amphibians. There are also water races. My impression of the chaos lords is that they would do their upmost to give the chaos seed a chance to live or die by their own choices, and not the randomness of blind luck. That said blind luck will play a roll.

Mister Bill likes this.