Continue Online and Video Game Plot Line Tester

Discussion in 'All Things LitRPG' started by WildAzazel, Aug 11, 2017.

1. WildAzazel

WildAzazel Death's TP Supplier LitRPG Author Roleplaying Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

7%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Birmingham, AL
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Probably so. I'm almost afraid to look at the writing because I enjoyed the audios. lol

VRRanger and Paul Bellow like this.
  2. MrPotatoMan

MrPotatoMan Level 13 (Assassin) Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    this comes down to personal taste I know but thats what i like about the book hes just trying to get by he isnt some hero he isnt doing it for noble reasons (not counting takeing care of his sister) hes just your average guy trying to get by which I love so many LitRPGs want to set there character up as either pro gamer EXTREME whos somehow the best at the game or save there relative or save all the NPCs because there people too this book lets him feel like a normal guy being normal in a game the biggest break for him even has an explanation this

VRRanger and John Ward like this.
  3. John Ward

John Ward Level 12 (Rogue) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

59%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Eastern Time Zone
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yep. I agree with all of this. I enjoyed that 'normal' aspect to the book.

VRRanger likes this.
  4. FrustratedEgo

FrustratedEgo Level 11 (Thief) LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't know if it still matters - but Continue Online's level system isn't.

It's honestly a measuring system for people's skills and inclinations. Basically - if you have insane reactions then you'll get high coordination and such - but you won't be too much higher than your real life skills. It's...part of the over all plot. The game designers goal isn't to give everyone skills - but to let them figure out what kind of person they really are under pressure.

I have other books that are way higher paced. Grant was just...in a much different spot.