Core Token

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by 2tymes, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This is very true. I have an email somewhere with saying they are the same thing from different aspect (life and mechanical (I don't remember him saying mechanical)).

2. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I do agree the next additional entrance can be placed far, but I think the Dungeon would have to dig there (or myst workers). After Richter claims the heart crystal of the Dungeon, it asks him if he would he like to claim this entrance portal to the Dungeon. So it would probably ask the next person at the next entrance to the portal if it would like to claim that entrance. This could be the HM and be given her own entrance room with well of offering.

3. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You could upgrade it and restore it with the core token. That would greatly upgrade the undead slave/minion production.

Mister Bill likes this.
  4. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wasn’t it said that Ricther could help place the next two entrances because he was the master of the dungeon?

I believe he gets one entrance for every 5 levels of the dungeon. When his dungeon hit level 10 it gained the inter dimensional space ability.
    I believe that’s what helps or allows it to connect to other dungeons.

We also know that the node roads will break and bend along for new connections between dungeons. I think that is one of it motivations is to connect to the Labyrinth.

How do you think Ricther will be able to choose his entrance locations?

Will it be like a summoning spell that opens a new entrance? It could be something more tangible like an item he places where he wants it to be?

I’m not buying into him having to dig from his dungeon to another location for an entrance. What would have prevented him from doing that previously? He could have had dungeon workers dig out of the dungeon at anytime. Although I think that type of entrance would have given anyone and everything access. The entrances granted by the dungeon Ricther will retain control of. In the beginning Ricther claimed the dungeon and gained control of the original entrance because he had become the master of the dungeon. It could be as easy as Ricther saying I claim my entrance here. If Ricther had gained his 1st entrance at level 5 and not beyond level ten as he did the situation would have been very different. Not having the inter dimensional growth ability he might had to dig out to where he wants the entrance. He still could bare some form of expense perhapyin DP’s

Johan and Mister Bill like this.
  5. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    According to the original story the Orangutang was copying a local fisherman which it had been observing for a while. Funny thing about Orangutangs is that they are really good at observing and mimicking behavior.

[​IMG]

6. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oh man. Imagine if the way he gets back home is by creating an entrance at the city he’s en route to underground and then later makes another at the HM’s big tree (or nearby).

He would certainly make his dungeon grow if folks from the city and the tree and surrounding regions’ monsters could all find their way in.

I wonder if the Basilisk alliance will find their way to the dungeon when they cut through the mist.

Captain BlackJack and Johan like this.
  7. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Is it worth using the token on that? Having a whole army to help you fight an army would of course be great. It would also be great to have unsleeping undead guarding your village so your regular guards could train in the barracks.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  8. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Upgrade the quickening!

9. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    With the text talking about how he was having the Dungeon expand in a certain direction it would probably naturally grow a entrance from that expansion. But from a gift/reward for leveling the Dungeon (or was it the specialization)??? Well maybe it could be a vast distance. I like it.

Mister Bill likes this.
  10. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The only real time I would want to use the core token is on a blue print that is way outside the ability of the Mist Village builders for a long dang time:
    • super high builder skill requirement
    • additional builder requirement that is unknown, say Mage Engineer
    • high level building
    • some other weird requirement that can't be met
    Places to get new blueprints:
    • researching tech
    • reverse engineer?
    • Heath Tree Sprites
    • Firetip Mountain Dwarves
    • Tefonim dungeon diving
    • diplomacy/spy find in another city
    • Some remnant of the mighty Draike race that still exist in a forgotten corner of The Land, but most consider this a flight of fancy (get it? flight, because they could fly).
    I would most definitely use it on a blueprint of a crystal spires that Richter saw in the time of the Mist Empire (with Kindre King) and the interaction with the Tefonim Queen in Meiyo (the one with floating castles, as he was dungeon diving). I am sure there are other worthless blueprints because left from fallen empires that cant be built because of race or skill (river peninsula is backwoods and a lvl 5 kingdom is apparently not advanced). otherwise best move is to really never use it until "lets just wait one more core level".

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  11. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter could use those worthless schematics though.

You're making a good argument for not waiting to level up the core buildings, I just think the 100 masterpieces for level 2 is doable to level the FOH. After that they could fasttrack it straight to level 3.

Mister Bill likes this.
  12. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You are right he possibly could, purchase as a souvenir lol for cheap. Oh no I cant use this blueprint, no one can use a Draike building blueprint, they dont exist anymore. How about this. We all email aleron that Book 7 already said the destroyed building was level 3, so the token can't have the four bonuses listed. Then dependent upon which he removes, it will tell us which bonus he will take. I assume he will use it on a core building of course. And because of his deeper connection to the Dragon's Cauldron, I think something crazy will happen with it.

Jump start that change!

Oh shoot, do you think that if you upgrade a level one building with a token, it will still have the same level 2 requirements as the level 1 requirements? They were not completed, just set aside for the next level.

Mister Bill likes this.
  13. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No I don't think that y. You'll be facing the conditions for level 3. Now if it were me - cause i'm cruel like that XD - you'd also need to fullfill the requirements for level 2 before you can level further.

There is a theme with a lot of similar questlines in the Land, namely that it doubles down on prior requirements and adds new ones. Say forge 100/250/500/1000 master pieces, add new requirements that can be doubled down on.

Do we know that forging 100 masterpieces is the only requirement for reaching level 2?

Mister Bill likes this.
  14. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It might be possible to have the highly skilled undead train 24/7 at the MV. That would allow his other higher skilled living to do other things instead of training.

Editing in a bit here.

With Ricthers luck it should be very likely that the dead from the Sepulcher will have some high level skills. Some of those skill set could be unknown or even lost to time. I can see the MV using a good many skill Sepulcher troops in other positions helping build, smithing, crafting, training, and teaching. They might not all be able to speak but there are other means of expression and communication.

15. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, I like this idea a lot. Get useless blueprints from others and build ‘em, as long as they’re not evil stuff. They should have the materials to build a lot.

16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Its more problematic that they are seemingly mostly mindless. I'm not convinced they retain skills other than those related to combat.

I think setting up squads with living commanders makes the most sense, as they'd bring some intelligence to the battlefield. Now that the Dungeon has no upper cap on Dungeon parties, the undead squads can go there to train and gain levels. There is a big difference between a level 1 skeleton and a level 20-30 skeleton, so even if they lose a few squads to attrition and boss battles their overall combat power should increase. Nearly as importantly, the loot gained would be a significant source of revenue for Richter even assuming the commander gets a 10-25% share for standing in the background. Might even be more profitable than regular adventurers.

In war the undead should serve as meatshields on the frontline, keeping the foe in check while the sprites rain down death from above and the tankers/ melee damage dealers attack from the flanks. Friendly fire isn't really an issue as the undead won't take damage to their morale/ carry a grudge over a few of them being blown to bits. Always more where they came from.

Mister Bill likes this.
  17. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think Richter will definitely do this. He did the same with the dungeon animals in the assault.

18. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m eager to see how the entrances are added. Ricther might be able to do on his own the. Then agian it might take Roswans dungeon building skills and dungeon keeper magic to do it. They might have to go to the location they want the entrance at using some summoning spells and soulstones to draw the dungeon forth building the entrance where they want it.

19. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Right I think it will require the Keeper to choose the location of the new entrance, if the Dungeon is not left to its own devices.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  20. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m hopeful that with the addition of rooms and entrances that the dungeon will level enough again to get one more entrance. Ricther certainly needs to look at a map when placing his entrances. I do believe those entrance locations will feed his dungeon the local ambient energy of each location. The reason for looking at a map would be the consideration of his dungeon transports spell. Ricther wouldnt want to overlap much if he could from it. That should play out as a huge strategic benefit.

Andrew Lynas and Mister Bill like this.