Core Token

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by 2tymes, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well one of those items was probably more powerful in the past. The alter could have generated a large amount of faith points, which is no longer a thing, so it defaults to generating a miniscule amount of mana.

The pillar may have served more than one purpose. Secondary power supply for the trials would be one option and would explain it being embedded in the floor.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  2. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Assuming that the Alter was a Religious one and not a Ceremonial Magic one. I got the impression that it was just a Alter for General Purpose Magic Strengthening.

3. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It seemed like it was in a chapel? Also I have a hard time accepting anyone would spend a core on a measly 100 mana generation per day Dark Alter. It makes more sense that its been heavily nerfed due to the loss of faith points, so 100 faith points -> 100 mana.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  4. 2tymes

2tymes Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    yeah I know they weren’t buildings I was proposing the question as to what was the difference in a level 1 alter and a level 1 building. Because destroying a level one building provided additional perks. I would assume that the buildings are more powerful, which makes me wonder then why would somebody use the core for something less than it could be. And what if a building is under utilizing the power of a magic core. Maybe Richter should absorb it to utilize its true power.

5. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well it was also under the control of a hostile faction at the time, so that could have played a role? The others basically were unclaimed or were always under mist village control - the books aren't clear on that, but Richter could freely remove the cores from them, which I doubt enemies can just do in the forge.

2tymes likes this.
  6. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would think that if Richtær did not conquer that floor of the Dungeon, he would not have been able to remove the cores either.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  7. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Still, can mindless undead be considered a faction? Maybe he needed to fullfill the quests first?

8. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The token perk must only apply to buildings since Core Golems are/were a thing and could realistically only be taken down by a large war party and would have to be destroyed to do so. If the token perk applied to Core Golems then many would know about the reward for it.

9. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would consider the dungeon boss to be their leader. Priest/mage for the first, dæmon for the second. I think it more about the clearing the level than anything else, which ties directly into the quest. Though it should be noted Richtær did not see any secret panel the first time examining the sarcophagus. This could imply that the option to take the core from the Item, that determines the core building, was not a possibility (the panel did not exist). That it would have to be removed from the rest of the core building first (via destruction) to even have the option to remove it. This would only be for non-controlers, Richtær would not need to destroy his own core building first, before extraction of the core.

10. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He also did not destroy either one. He just took control of them and then removed the core. He could go back to either of them with the core he has now and reactivate them. Though now that I think of it especially since the MV empire was so far back in the past. Somewhere in the books it speaks to that cores were/are a thing of the past. The reason so many cores are being found and I'd bet will continue to be found is that they had enough that they were used to create things other than core buildings.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  11. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A level 4 tavern/pleasure house could be very beneficial. Put terrod in there and have him control the guards. Him and his Billy boys could go around as a war party with cudgels, keeping the Adventures at Bay. Yes a state run pleasure house and bar.

12. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Possible. I postulated elsewhere that the cores that Richter has been found has been in out of the way places (the church/ first ruins) or hidden(trial of king's/ second set of ruins). The third one was far underground and may have been brought later.

If we suppose there were dozens of cores in the ancient mist village, some could have been given - or were owned - to powerful organisations or families, rather than be used for the entire country. I doubt they were common, but they might not have been as rare as they have become in the millenia since. Not that I think cores are as rare as most on the forum, but they are not seen in every village either.

13. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

Yeah, Stick a core in it!

I really would like to see the Sepulcher turbo charged.

I would also like to see a core added to the destroyed statue at Ricthers under ground cathedral. If that’s a statue of a God or an Exile Ricther might be able to communicate to that being through it’s effig the same way The Litch had with his Exiles effigy.

The token and the magic core should be tested at every building Ricther has.

This is a core out house.
    Dried corn cobs are 10% softer.
    This core out house never has to be dug out.
    All smells are 100% less potent.
    This out house has a 200% resistance to being tipped over.
    The boards on which you sit are 100,000 of 100,000 in durability.
    The cross beams on which you sit have a 60% resistance to being sawed in half.

Johan likes this.
  14. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Lol!

Won’t that be a hoot!

Caulder finds his way back to a Ricther after death. When He finds his way back through the Sepulcher he is under the control of A KINDER!

Johan and Waterhobit like this.
  15. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I hope the Token isn’t used until well after Mamas caravan has arrived and settled in for some period.

16. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    And Hisako deigns to finally show us that damned book.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  17. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No doubt...Richter needs that book...but also all the others. She's got a book about what gems improve an enchant. She has a book that tells about dungeons...etc.

Johan likes this.
  18. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    AMEN BROTHER!

If we could see either one of them I would be happy.

19. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That's a book 10 thing. Though now that I think of it, could they create a knowledge exchange treaty after they build a core library? Might not be enough to give access to sprite technology - though maybe with a core library they CAN directly exchange tech -, but simply gaining access to a copy of the sprite library would be well worth it. Richter might have to compensate HM to avoid her raking in massive, massive amounts of diplo points, but it would be worth the cost.

20. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I am very hopeful that Ricthers CLOSE allies can exchange knowledge with him via the Library. The knowledge table and tablets being connected at the heart of his Library would be awesome. I had made the statement prior on the old site. If Ricther can bind them together the tablets could feed and draw from the table similar to how the forge works. The hearth mother having her own tablet would grant her access to store and retrieve information. She would just need her on scribes entertaining what she wanted. Hopefully her entire Library could be entered. That wouldn’t be that big of a price for what she would get in return.