Core Token

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by 2tymes, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe the Dungeon created a sakuru pixie after one died. The new creation was sent to the portal.

Joe Schmoe and Captain BlackJack like this.
  2. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So from it’s creation to the day of the dungeon battle. The dungeon would have been feeding on the chrysalis ambient mana. That’s mana strongenough to mutate a ant in to a giant ant like those in the 1954 movie “Them”. They also mutated trees into monsters in no time flat.

I’m starting a new thread for the dungeon.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  3. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not a beast or animal. ;)

I agree the pixie may well have been in the area beforehand.

I guess this is a plotpoint left deliberately vague. We don't know how it happened, just that somehow the pixie entered. Maybe it followed the chaos serpent inside before the portal was closed intending to bond with the harbinger?

4. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That still doesn’t explain everything. The dungeon still should have consumed its mana.
    Also a dagger isn’t a beast or animal. That was another question. A Chrysalis is a state of metamorphosis where it is in between a state of being.

5. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Consumed its mana? Its not dead.

Why would the dungeon be able to consume what is essentially an adventurer without beating her first? A chrysalis is very much alive. If its hidden in a crack somewhere AND none of the Dungeon Monsters are small enough/ able to get at her, then that's that. Longterm dungeon habitation is not forbidden.

Waterhobit and Andrew Lynas like this.
  6. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah!

The Chrysalis gives off ambient mana.

Seed cores are alive in the same way and they give off ambient mana as well. So YEAH it was definitely feeding on the Pixie Chrysalis mana.

How do you compare a Chrysalis to an adventurer????

Please answer that one.

Is it mining, hunting, exploring, just how is it adventuring?

Is it looking for treasure?

You need to explain the Chrysalis being an adventurer to me.

Do you really consider a Chrysalis inhabiting the Dungeon?

Is it moving around feeding, drinking, reproducing, or is it in a semi dormant state? Is it fixed in location or is it moving?

7. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sentient though crazed pixie enters Dungeon. Said pixie would be considered an invader from the outside, or in other words, an adventurer. The pixie triggers a natural state - chrysalisation - used in an unnatural way, but remains a pixie adventurer on the inside and is not dead or defeated. Hence the Dungeon cannot absorb her or her magic. That's Dungeon rules 101.

You are right the chrysalis itself is not an adventurer, the pixie inside of it is. I should have referred to her as such instead of as a chrysalis.

Assuming she chooses a location no Dungeon creature can enter, the Dungeon cannot strike directly against her or her chrysalized form. With the apparent exception of triggering random effects that could have struck anything within the Dungeon.

8. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Do you think the Pixie could have entered the dungeon without permission? I was under the impression Ricther had it restricted. That’s why I could buy into the pixie being teleported with it or it entering through the outer traps. I do like The teleported theory better.

9. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Seems like a beast to me. Like the difference between a troll and a wild troll. Different race, one sentient one beast.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  10. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I totally agree.

11. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If it was Pulled in when the Dungeon was first Teleported there then that was before Richter Activated the Restrictions, it was before he even became the Dungeon Master.

12. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Low intelligence wouldn't make her a beast or animal. She would still be a pixie. Like the stone giant she is in a different category.

13. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think the words were mindless not low IQ or intelligence.

14. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    How does this matter? Mindless or low intelligence, neither changes her race or where she belongs in the system of races as far as I can tell. Its just an altered mental state.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  15. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Who said a changed mental state changes ones Race or a system of races?

I’m lost now, and I’m trying to figure out what the price of tea in China has to do with the dungeons ability to respawn?

You can’t really argue mindless and low Intelligence are the same.

Actually you are completely wrong for saying the dungeon can’t spawn something with low intelligence. Dungeons can most certainly spawn low intelligence beast, creatures, and beings.

What dungeons can not spawn are sentient beings.

Which is arguable. As some of you claim that Randy’s mother was a Dungeon spawned sentient being. Or might you say a avatar but yet it was still a being and still sentient.

A Chrysalis isn’t a functional creature it is alive but it’s in a metamorphosis state. It’s similar to a Comatose state but normally going through a chemical, neurological, and physiological change. I believe all higher functions are stopped while the core functions are preserved allowing the genetic Ladder work to take over

All of the Sakaru Pixies at the point of becoming a Sakaru Pixie have become mindless. Which is another exception to the dungeons rule.

16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It was basically said that being a sakeru pixie made her a monster, hence she could be copied and respawned. It does not, its an altered state, mental at first, physical later. She's still a pixie though, which is neither animal nor beast by Dungeon standards - hence Richter's Dungeon cannot spawn them.

It might be able to spawn sentient beasts such as the wolves HM has befriended (I find that unlikely) but not nonsentient pixies, sakeru pixies, rock giants etc. Its a category thing, its simply not part of the current abilityset of the Dungeon.

Not sure how else to put it. You are trying to put a square (pixie, presumably part of the humanoid or fey category) in a round hole (animal and beast category, the category spawnable by the Dungeon). The color of the square (mental state of the subject) has no impact on whether you can do it or not. ;)

17. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    As for Randy's mother, she is one of your best (and possibly only ;) ) arguments that Dungeons can spawn sentient creatures directly. On the flipside, we have no idea when she came to be( hence she may have had time to learn and grow rather than jumping out fully formed mentally and physically), just that she was the embodiment of the leyline. She could have been around for a long time, or she may have been created for the occasion.

I'd say her actions seems a little too premediated and planned out for an instant creation. She is also still around a year later.

18. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So do you think the Dungeon could not spawn a wild troll, like the kind that was used in the Mist Village goblin battle? I think so the Dungeon could spawn it. I think the sakaru pixie is parallel to that troll as it's race was changed.

19. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Mountain trolls are the primitive cousins of civilised trolls, they are to civilised trolls what a chimpanzee is to a human.

If they are in the beast/ animal category, then yes it could be spawned.

A sakeru pixie is at worst a different pixie subrace, but even that is questionable. They are not animals/ beast in the Dungeon sense. Obviously we are all animals, we're just not in the same category.

I do wonder whether sentient beasts can be spawned.

20. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't think sakaru pixies are sentient.

Captain BlackJack and Dragon like this.