Crafting in LitRPG Reads: Enter the Game

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Paul Bellow, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

Any ideas for more recipes?

2. Thomas Davidsmeier

Thomas Davidsmeier Level 12 (Rogue) LitRPG Author Citizen

0%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You should name things literary sounding names, like Metal of Excessive Adjectives instead of Heavy Metal, or Terse Metal for Light Metal. Or maybe you actually find word types to use in recipes. I kind of think you should have people crafting parts of novels like "Snappy Dialogue" or "Revealing Monologue" or "Showdown with Villain" and then using them as weapons or items that do stuff in the game. "Witty Rejoinder" could stun an enemy or some such. "Long-winded Exposition" could cost a lot of word resources to make, but it makes the enemy fall asleep when you use it on them. Maybe you could have different ingredients just be different words that you find different places and then the recipes are actually phrases made from the words. Like you need to put "Thick"+"Animal"+"Hide"+"Time" to make Leather Armor or some such thing. The ingot of steel has the word "Steel" on it. Or, maybe you need an ingot with the word "Sharp" on it for a sword. Yeah, I don't know what engine you're using or how changeable any of this is for you, but looking for leaves or objects with different words on them would be down right neat from my perspective.

3. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I really like this idea. Thanks!

4. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thomas Davidsmeier likes this.
  5. Thomas Davidsmeier

Thomas Davidsmeier Level 12 (Rogue) LitRPG Author Citizen

0%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Runewords would make all the sense for this sort of thing.