DanMachi Movie and Second season have been announced!

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga, Light Novels' started by Seagrim, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    For those who liked Bell Cranel and his quest for romance in a dungeon, good news was announced at Japans Wonder Festival. A DanMachi movie AND a second season of the anime have been announced. No dates have been released as of yet, but,it is coming!

DJ Schinhofen and Paul Bellow like this.
  2. DJ Schinhofen

DJ Schinhofen Creator of Worlds. LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I still haven't found out the answer... Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon?

CheshirePhoenix and Paul Bellow like this.
  3. Kidlike101

Kidlike101 Level 18 (Magician) Citizen

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    For the answer follow us in the manga release. 99 volumes and counting!

4. DJ Schinhofen

DJ Schinhofen Creator of Worlds. LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I read the light-novels, I prefer them over manga.

5. Kidlike101

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well what do you. This show actually started as a light novel then got the manga adaptation.

[​IMG]

I prefer to go with whatever came first. Be it the book or the manga. Something always gets lost in later adaptations.

This particular series though I was introduced to randomly through crunchy roll.

6. Seagrim

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Got all the light novels, behind in my reading. i've been on a light novel and manga binge right now, so, haven't been reading much of anything else.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  7. Kidlike101

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Comic con is coming up next week. got any recommendations for me?

(going as the wicked witch of the west this year. This is what I get for leaving the costume to the last minute... oy...)

Paul Bellow likes this.
  8. Seagrim

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    All of the light novels have been on Amazon, and, they are more of the mindless fun ones. Need to get away from some bits of seriousness. "In another world with my smartphone", "How a realist hero saved the kingdom" and " Death March to the parallel world rhapsody" all of which I've been enjoying just for the sheer "screw realism" aspect of them. Also "Goblin Slayer" and "How not to summon a demon lord".

For the Manga, "Rise of the Shield hero", and "Youkai Apartment" the apartment one is about a young college guy who ends up at an apartment building that is mostly filled with supernatural creatures, it's quite fun. "Rokudou no Onna-tachi" Rokudou is a bullied kid at school who uses a family artifact that is supposed to bind demons and the effect it has is all the really tough bad girls at school begin to find him "interesting". "Isekai Mahou waOkureteru!" The different world magic is too behind...a fun one where the friend of the summoned hero has magic that is more advanced and complex than the summoning worlds. I've been reading also the manga versions of some of the anime I watch, just because there's sometimes more manga than anime. I had been reading "The Gamer", but, it started getting into the dumbass realm, so, I just dropped it. I'm not a big fan of the Korean LitRPG novels, probably because I just can't stand the characters of their gamer MCs. Ark, one of the first LitRPGs I read, the MC Ark had a personality so obnoxious, it almost put me off LitRPG entirely.

I just started using the manga app for Manga Rock, and, I'm slowly chewing my way through all of the titles I've favorited.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  9. DJ Schinhofen

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Smartphone and Death March are fun. I like Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash as well, but is darker then the others.

Seagrim and Paul Bellow like this.
  10. Readsalot

Readsalot Level 13 (Assassin) Citizen

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Seconded for the Dan Machi light novels and anime, they are light and fun with a glimpse here and there of something more serious and bad-ass. Goblin Slayer is simply fantastic, one of the best fantasy series I've read in any genre. I wouldn't write off the Korean LitRPG genre completely: I'm reading Overgeared at the moment and it's hilarious. Imagine Pink Panther meeting World of Warcraft. The MC is one of the most petty, selfish, greedy, cowardly characters I've ever encountered and he is completely unapologetic about it, preferring to curse at the game creators when his luck (inevitably) goes bad. And then, every now and again, he does something completely epic and astounding.

11. Seagrim

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, that pretty much sums up most of the Korean LitRPG characters I've read. Sometimes you can drop the cowardly, but, really they are just a bundle of odious personal habits all rolled up into a package of obnoxiousness. I usually find them to be just downright boring because they don't have any redeeming qualities at all, they've just devolved into a caricature. I just start to lose interest in a story when my gut instinct is to sit there and see if I could flush the character down the toilet. Might take a few thousand gallons, but, if you keep trying they'll go down eventually.
    Another big problem is, their characters also so rarely change. They start as a bundle of odious habits and they never change a bit. Ark, after having read volumes of it, never changed from his nastiness. It was the exact same character from beginning to when I just stopped reading in disgust.

12. Readsalot

Readsalot Level 13 (Assassin) Citizen

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Overgeared is now in my Top 5 all-time favourite LitRPG series and the MC, Grid, is my new role model and personal hero.