POLL Dealing with Tier 2 experience mountain

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Joe Schmoe, Feb 19, 2020.

?

What lvl will Richter need to reach Tier 3?

1. 50 or less

11.8%
  2. 51-60

11.8%
  3. 61-70

11.8%
  4. 71-80

11.8%
  5. 81-89

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. exactly 90 (double 45)

47.1%
  7. 91-99

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. exactly 100

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. over 100

5.9%
  1. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Here's a thread to discuss how Richter can keep his progression from stagnating. He now needs a massive amount of experience to level and will earn less experience from kills than he otherwise would have.

2. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I was originally thinking that he would be using the dungeon to farm xp in the future. But now that he has increased his warlord rank, and given the evolution of beasts in his lands, I think regular patrolling with a full contingent will be his most productive method of farming.

To this end, I think his highest priority, once he is back in his lands and not in the middle of a war, should be to beg, borrow, or steal at least one binding spell similar to what the HM used on the mauler. He has increased his skill lvl in multiple branches of magic and has several people in the village who may be able to provide him with one, ideally several.

After I would mass-produce arrows with either 2 binding enchantments or one binding enchantment combined with paralysis or troubled sleep.

Then it's just a matter of forming a war party with mele guards, Bodaks, and golems making the outer perimeter and meidon archers making the inner circle.

Bag em and drain em.

3. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The enchantment may not be strong enough to completely bind high level or very large beasts with a single arrow, but with 30 meidon sprite archers...

[​IMG]

4. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Given that Richter is now familiar with the vitality puppet spell, he can use that to hold powerful/ascended prey in place while Alma drains them. Also, now that Alma has evolved as well she may have new abilities to gain XP or an evolved version of brain drain available.

Joe Schmoe likes this.
  5. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe a slight upgrade to Alma's brain drain, but I think not. Same skill and rank, just on a different creature. It needs to be upgraded again.

Alma is still going to be a major factor still. Even more than usual I think. She gains XP based on the creatures total XP which might be much higher (little unsure on that).

6. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think so too. The ability already bypasses any sort of reduction due to level inconsistency, possibly also tier, by draining the accumulated exp of the victim.

7. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree, im hoping for another evolution at level 10, maybe she can gain the chance to absorb some skill or expertice percentage.

8. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Id like to see her upgrade psi blast first though, just to see if she can unlock psi crystallization at lvl 7.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  9. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    She might even have gained the Option to Learn to Drain Skill Experience or even Talent Points, at a much smaller percentage% Drained then Level Experience? Although possibly only usually of the types that Richter Possesses but with a slight chance to gain enough Skill Experience in a Skill that Richter Doesn't have to allow him to gain that Skill, although that might chance at higher Levels of it to make it more likely to happen. It might even in time allow for Alma to learn some Skills as well (although that might not happen unless she is has already gained the potential to learn Skills, but I suspect that that is probably normally something that so she would only gain from her Next Evolution, but?)?

AndyJ likes this.
  10. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Me too, although I am curious if Richter Learning Thought Magic or Psionics would also cause Alma to be able to use those as well, similarly to how she can use his PoP Element Spells but due to her own Innate connect and Affinity for those things?

11. AndyJ

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I like the idea of her draining talent points and skills. It seems like a plausible upgrade to her current brain drain BUT given that she mostly drains monsters, what if in monsters she drains their skills for Richter's Tier 3 Enchanter skill Monster Enchantments? Maybe that's how Richter gets those kinds of enchantments.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  12. SnackBarbarian

SnackBarbarian Level 8 (Thug) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

74%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Bloodline ability will perhaps evolve to not only harvest materials but also exp. maybe introduce Exp or skill point crystals like the Psy crystals. Congratulations you have not only looted this corpse you gained x amount of its lifetimes worth of collective experience.

Andrew Lynas and Joe Schmoe like this.
  13. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I could see her helping him power through the monster enchantments but i doubt it would be the main way to get them. Otherwise all the other essence enchanters would be screwed.

AndyJ and Andrew Lynas like this.
  14. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That would be awesome!

SnackBarbarian likes this.
  15. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wonder if it might be possible that if Alma can Drain Skill/s Experience that she could get other Beasts(/creatures?) offensive/defensive/utility abilities, like Bite, Claw, Goar, Bellow, Tail Strike, Charge, Envenom, Conceal, Sudden Strike, Climb, Pounce, Toughen Scales, ect. Most likely limited to Physical and Magical capabilities her Body, Mind and Magic is compatible with, which probably means no Water Breathing, Web Slinging, Disincorparating, ect (unless she can get something like Blue Magic Skill/Ability?). Probably not things like Death, Earth, Fire, ect Magic Attacks or effects (unless her Bond with Richter allows it?) but probably Life, Air, Water, Dark and Thought magical effects, also maybe Chaos?

Would be interesting also if Richter can also gain some of these Beast abilities as well, at least those he's Physically and Magically compatible with, it might even be are way for him to access a Skill like Blue Magic?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  16. AndyJ

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    True. There might be a "Learn Monster Enchantments" skill he can get, but it will probably have a horrible success rate and/or it requires the monster to be alive or actively using the ability/skill to be learned.

17. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would bet youre right except i think it would be a talent not a skill, which is important because he would have to spen more talent points to get better and there are already about 12 other things I really want him to spend his TP's on.. Which is of course why I came up with the binding arrows idea haha.

18. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So I went through the math in the other thread and it will take around 172 days to get Richtær up a level from where he is just based on her brain draining. Assuming the same XP creature on a daily basis. She takes a black pixie with her to help kill the thing she brain drains, maybe she could do multiple a day. 1/day= 172 ->2/day= 86 -> 4/day= 43 days. Richtær's contribution is an order of magnitude less per kill or two so makes little contribution.

Just give the unbonded black pixies some leech poison and artery slicers and we are good to go. Dragoons, the dragon riding pixie (special unit formation) squad.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  19. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Good thing those weren't exploding arrows

Joe Schmoe likes this.
  20. AndyJ

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Also true.
    It will probably be an incredibly expensive TALENT too. (I almost wrote skill again)
    Hopefully, that talent tree will give him various tasks that lead to free talent points, like Learn Enchantment from ## Monsters or Learn ## Variations of the Chomp Enchantment.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Joe Schmoe likes this.