Discussing the Emerilia LitRPG Series by Michael Chatfield

Discussion in 'All Things LitRPG' started by Paul Bellow, May 12, 2017.

1. Michael_Chatfield

Michael_Chatfield Level 4 (Warrior) LitRPG Author Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    @ Jason So Emerilia is a real planet and place while Earth is a simulation made to condition players into wanting to spend as much time as possible in Emerilia. Glad you're having fun with it :)

Tfish10065 and Jason like this.
  2. Michael_Chatfield

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Haha welcome to the E-heads! :)

Jason likes this.
  3. Jason

Jason Troll Lord Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

62%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well, I finished book 1. After the 25% mark all was made clear and the story started forming. It turned out to be a pretty good read. I've written a brief review on Amazon, but I will have to expand on it for this forum... Paul is a slave driver.

I do have to wonder though.. is the author a bit dyslexic? I keep coming across words here and there that have the letters all mixed up.. hahaha. I'm into the early part of the second book now and found that this characteristic has carried through. Perhaps he is starting his own language. :D:D

4. Felicity Weiss

Felicity Weiss Musey Muse Muse Shop Owner Citizen

62%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Oregon
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    @Jason What is your amazon user name so that I may follow your reviews? If'n you want to share it that is, I won't feel bad if you'd rather stay anon.

[​IMG]

Jason likes this.
  5. Jason

62%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I will be doing a write up here Felicity. As soon as I get another Laptop... customs in some country's can be a real motherfucker. I have been working off of my phone since Wednesday... SMH. Oh well.

Tfish10065 likes this.
  6. Dawn Chapman

Dawn Chapman Level 11 (Thief) LitRPG Author Citizen

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I noted a few typos etc for him when doing the audio proofing, but overall I didn't think that it was too bad. I think all books should have a few more eyes when they've seen an editor, but we grow all the time, and sometimes revisiting books aren't what we need to do, but to learn and keep on writing and learning with it.

I just started book 2, on KU

:)

Paul Bellow and Jason like this.
  7. Jason

62%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well.. book 2 left me a bit underwhelmed. (Is that 2 words or 1) While it was enjoyable it was a definately a step down in the adventure portion. Having said that, it was a good read. I'll go into more detail in my review later when I get my computer back!

Overall, I am glad this book was written the way it was. It kept me engaged and had all the info been included into book 1 it would have drowned in the overall story. Great way to get all of the major base development outnof the way and clearing a path for book 3... which I'm on chapter 15 already... Where book 2 lacked alot of excitement, book 3 makes up for it.

Dawn Chapman likes this.
  8. Jason

62%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Just finished Book 3. Our Heroes progress, new Allies and dangerous Foes are introduced. Teleconferencing with the Human survivors hiding in space.. my mind is abuzz with ideas on many of the possibilities of paths this story can take. And we have plenty of sword swinging and spell slinging, betrayal and new romances. (eew). As the world grows in our imagination, so too do the skills of the Adventurers. On to book 4!

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    Paul Bellow likes this.
  9. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The thing I like about @Michael_Chatfield is that he's a disciplined professional. His books are coming out about one a month.

I need to get to that level again!

Jason likes this.
  10. Felicity Weiss

Felicity Weiss Musey Muse Muse Shop Owner Citizen

62%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Oregon
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    His level is super insane hard-mode.

11. Jason

62%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I just finished book 5... I didn't realize that was the latest and, so far, last in the series. Now I catch a flight in am hr headed home.. 13 hrs and I have to hurry and find another book to read..... wait.. nope.. forgot I have a couple in my library waiting for me.

I have to say, the series is great and book 5.. wow.. the characters are so OP it's not funny, but for what's ahead of them, will it be enough? And the last remnants of humanity off in the galactic fringes are finally getting more involved. Can't wait to see book 6.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  12. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Jason likes this.
  13. Jason

62%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ah, cool. Thanks for the heads up! I'm glad I stuck it out and finished book 1!

Now... get me that copy of your next edition! Chop chop!

Paul Bellow likes this.
  14. Dawn Chapman

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He working on it, sprinting with me this week has really helped us both with the word counts :)

Jason and Paul Bellow like this.
  15. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You can put that sprint group in your SIG file if you want to promo it more. I should join you guys, but I'm shy and solo-ing at the moment. ;)

Jason likes this.
  16. Dawn Chapman

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  17. Michael_Chatfield

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hey everyone looks like a lots been going on when I was offline! Yeah book 6 is in the works, less than a week to go! @Jason if you're excited by the fighting and world building I think you're going to really like Stone Raiders' Return... got some pretty epic stuff coming up!
    @Dawn, yeah definitely kept my wandering brain on task this week! :D

Dawn Chapman, Jason and Paul Bellow like this.
  18. Jason

62%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ok... finished book 6 "Stone Raiders Return". Great read but it's on par with book 2... a bit slow in the beginning and build up to an epic battle. One which the outcome was pretty predictable, but with the character development of their skills, it made it really cool to see what they were going to pull from their hat. In ending we get a bit of foreshadowing for book 7. As with book 2, this book really built up for the next addition to the story. Looking forward to more!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    Paul Bellow and Dawn Chapman like this.
  19. Jason

62%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Holy editing error!

Ok... book 7 and 8 were a bit tech heavy and slow for my tastes, but things really get moving in book 9, so it's forgiven. The story is solid and I like where it's going.. I'm at 50%... but holy crap the editing errors on Kindle are annoying. There are numerous instances where words get repeated repeated... Also, it looks like someone's autocorrect really hates them. I like this one.. "When she decided to go back down to rest on Suzy’s shoulders, she would shrink to the size of a housecoat once again.". Really, a houseboat? I think house cat was meant to be used here. Lol. The other books have their little issues here and there, but this book it's getting annoying and interrupts the flow of the story for me as I have to re-read the same thing once or twice to make sure I got it right. Overall, still a good story. I just needed to rant. Maybe Mr. Chatfield can look into this? I'm on the Kindle version.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  20. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree. 7&8 really dropped the ball for me too, but I've got 9 in the queue and ready to go. It's on the three strike warning though.

I've actually been finding the quality of Emerilia on a slow decline lately. Sentences are getting shorter and more simple, characters are getting ignored, and plot holes aren't even being bandaid patched anymore.

Jason likes this.