Disenchantment, the latest series from Matt Groening

Discussion in 'TV and Movies' started by Paul Bellow, May 24, 2018.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  2. DJ Schinhofen

DJ Schinhofen Creator of Worlds. LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I thought he had retired and spent all of his time having beautiful women fan him with hundreds... Nice to see he is still making shows.
    As an aside I always knew Bart would end up a goblin.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  3. Gryphon

Gryphon Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Just please be as good as Futurama.

4. Thomas Davidsmeier

Thomas Davidsmeier Level 12 (Rogue) LitRPG Author Citizen

0%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I have only seen a few episodes (I stopped watching TV awhile back), but isn't Futurama a really high standard? Maybe Futurama tanked after I stopped watching, but early on, it was spectacularly funny. Maybe just to me...

5. Gryphon

Gryphon Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I have high standards before I start a new series, and I can't ignore the other work he's done. I doubt he'd start a new series after 20 years unless he feels it can live up to his standards. With a lot of the animated trash I see lately, I don't think I'll be disappointed.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  6. Thomas Davidsmeier

Thomas Davidsmeier Level 12 (Rogue) LitRPG Author Citizen

0%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, I'm not up to date on what's out there, and don't plan to get up to date. I've got too many stories in my head and projects on my house and mini-farm at the moment. I never realized how much fun writing stories would be. There is definitely an element that makes it like reading for pleasure that I didn't expect. Aren't I writing this story? Don't I know where it is going to go? Yet, I'm still super excited to see how it gets there and what happens along the way. So weird...

Paul Bellow likes this.
  7. Viergacht

Viergacht Thunderdragon LitRPG Author Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

94%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'd like to see who they've got in the writer's room, but I imagine they can hire some good talent. Also hoping they've got some fun voice actors.

It's funny how people are pointing out that the goblin looks like Bart; I remember back when Futurama just came out everyone was saying Bender was just a robot version of Homer. Like, guys . . . it's the style. Everyone's gonna look pretty much like everyone else. The design of the "personal demon" is pretty neat looking.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  8. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I dunno. The "peon" bit made me think it might be about class warfare but set in a fantasy world? I'll give it at least one season.