Dungeon Companion?

Discussion in 'All Things LitRPG' started by A J Bishop, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The purr-fect companion, may I venture?

CheshirePhoenix likes this.
  2. Gryphon

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So... are Dakota and Jeffery the same person? Was DD just the refined next draft of Slime Dungeon? I feel confused.

3. Kidlike101

Kidlike101 Level 18 (Magician) Citizen

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What's confusing about a writing self publishing his first book under a pen name.

The Dungeon born series has quite a few references to the slime dungeon series. The clearest one was when Cal was experimenting with different essences and ended up with slime dripping off the ceiling. He got flash backs of a past life where he had a slime dungeon. Said "NOPE!" and scrapped the whole experiment.

The flash back is impossible because Cal was a human before this. This is his first dungeon, he could not have been a dungeon core before. It was a reference to the author's earlier work.

As for Slime Dungeon it's clearly a first draft. A few elements that are mentioned in passing there as "cool" or "foreshadowing" go nowhere HOWEVER they got reverse engineered into Dungeon born.

You really just have to read book one of each to see it's the same author. One is more putting an idea out there to test the waters, the other sharper and more refined not holding anything back.

CheshirePhoenix likes this.
  4. Gryphon

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I always thought they were similar, but I never made the connection between the two.

Edit: I'm still not sold they're the same person though.

5. Kidlike101

Kidlike101 Level 18 (Magician) Citizen

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Mail him on good reads. He actually responds to his Dakota account within the week. I thought they were the same person because the two books came out within 6 months of each other and were really similar just with different tones.