POLL Dungeon Ingress Installation Ideologies

Discussion in 'Disagreements' started by ShoughtLoud, Sep 25, 2020.

?

Possible Placement Postulates

Poll closed Oct 5, 2020.
  1. 1) Can place a Dungeon Entrance anywhere in the Land

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2) Can only place a Dungeon Entrance within a set radius of the Dungeon

42.9%
  3. 3) Same as (2), but synergizes with PoP (if appplicable) allowing placement anywhere in PoP domain.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4) Can place entrance anywhere in the Universe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5) Like (3) but Dungeon Radius is added to PoP Domain Radius, instead of limited by PoP radius.

28.6%
  6. 6) Labyrinth Node Dependent (Different Distances for Regular/ Master/ God Etc)

14.3%
  7. 7) limited range, but each entrance acts like a beacon to extend the range in that direction

42.9%
  8. 8) The Dungeon Keeper can expend DPs to manipulate the inter-dimensional spaces for entrance placing

14.3%
  9. 9) Same as (2) but Dungeon Keeper can expend DP's to increase this radius

14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    As we either can't or won't put it down, here is a reminder that this sub-forum exists for moments like this.
    This Poll has the following options enabled:
    • Allow voters to change their votes
    • Display votes publicly
    • Allow the results to be viewed without voting
    • Close this poll after: 7 Days
    • Single Choice
    Let me know if you'd like another poll choice, but note: Poll choices are possibilities, not the reasons behind them, and have a 100 character limit

Edit: For the sake of simplicity lets ignore the entrance from level 5 and just talk about entrances gained from level 10 on.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    Dragon likes this.
  2. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    These two options should be added to the poll.

1. After a dungeon earns its ability to create inter-dimensional spaces the dungeon can add entrances to more distant places.

2. When a dungeon earns a new entrance and has a keeper he can use its dungeons motivations to place entrances. Such as can he bend the dungeon to connect to another dungeon or a major settlement. Similar to how it stretched to connect itself to the Labyrinth.

3. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I suspect that one big thing that would determine how far away an Entrance can be formed is what type of central Node the Dungeon has, for instance, Regular Node, Master Node, God Node, ect. Also the fact that Dungeon exists inside of a PoP and that it's Master is also the Master of the PoP.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
    Captain BlackJack and Dragon like this.
  4. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So do you think a god node might allow Ricther to reach earth? I still think Ricther will have to blaze the pathway down the node road. Once that is achieved do you think the god node would allow him to make a full jump if he can place an entrance there?

5. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    1. Distant how? (as in how is this not covered under other already available poll options aside from a level 5 entrance (edited main post))
    2. As in the dungeon keeper extends the range?

6. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think AK will put some sort of DP cost on the use of inter dimensional spaces. That cost could be higher or cheaper based on the dungeons desire to connect to that area. I am very hopeful that the god node gaps planes instead of say doubling the distance of a master node. That would be a whole lot more interesting.

R.I.C.H.T.E.R likes this.
  7. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It's Possibly, but unlikely to happen any time remotely soon without some type of outside assistance or near unbelievable amount of luck.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  8. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The labyrinth gaps planes, it spans the universe, it ignores space and sometimes it even ignores time. We have textev from Randolphus that you could walk a mile from the entrance and find a Dungeon leading to the other side of the planet. After which you could lead your friends there, and you'd find a big stinking swamp or a wondrous grove of benevolent elder trees or something entirely different. There is no telling because the Labyrinth shifts and changes over time. Hence the name.

The master node bends nearby node roads so they lead towards the Dungeon. Making it more likely that adventurers looking for their next node will arrive at the Dungeon node. At least that's one interpretation of what it does.

The god node will have the same effect, except on a grander scale. If Richter is insanely lucky it allows him (as Dungeon Master) and his party to teleport back to it if they meet overwhelming danger far from a node within the labyrinth. Likely with a massive cooldown, say a year between uses.
    Other effects are probable.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    R.I.C.H.T.E.R likes this.
  9. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Your dungeon Has reached level 4 to 14

Know this
    Every 5 levels creates a new entrance.
    This is normally randomly placed.
    Your dungeon keeper can assign the locations at his discretion.

upon reaching level ten

1. Your dungeon can act as a portal to the Labyrinth
    2. Your dungeon can now create its own dimension
    3. Your dungeon is no longer bound to its location.
    4. Your dungeon is now unlimited

————————————————————————
    {1. Distant how? (as in how is this not covered under other already available poll options aside from a level 5 entrance (edited main post))
    2. As in the dungeon keeper extends the range?}
    ————————————————————————
    If this disagreement is based between us and on what I said the first statement is a fallacy. I suggested placing one at the HT and one in the HoEHs.

1. My number one clearly starts after a dungeon reaches its tenth level. Level 10 dungeons have the dimensional growth ability and is not limited to its physical location anymore. We were talking about Ricther s Dungeon. I never said it was or wasn’t limited. I said AK hasn’t written in any limitations as of yet. So we know it is possible to gap space through dimensional growth. That only means it can spann greater distances. Limited, unlimited, or not. That’s still a greater distance. Thus a possibility.

2. I did NOT say the Keeper can extend its range. What I am proposing is that the dungeon has its own motivations. A smart Keeper could use the dungeons motivations and and his abilities to make connections to specific locations. He could conceivably cause the dungeon s to bend their node roads. This is also different possibility thenwhat you have.

For instance a dungeon keeper might be able to expend DP’s to grow the dungeon in a specific direction. With the inter dimensional ability at some point the dungeon itself would feel another dungeon. Then desire to connect to it. At that point the opposing dungeon would likely sense the dungeon reaching out for it. As they both desire to grow and connect the other dungeon would stretch and bend. We’re we not told that the nodes bend and connect. Do they not realign the node road as dungeons are born and die. Could a dungeon with a keeper not guide his dungeons growth? Can a dungeon keeper not add an entrance?

Another postulation what would the cost be?

If a dungeon was equally distanced between two major settlements one being a PoP or having a dungeon. The other just a major settlement. Say the keeper wanted to connect to both major settlements would the cost be the same? Would the dungeons motivations in connecting them make a difference in the costs? Would the gains be the same from both locations?

Personally I think a keeper would have a greater cost connecting the the non magical location.

10. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    3 and 4 are a little off according to what was actually said.

The more I look at this quote, the more it seems to me that the Dungeon may be able to create more instances of itself. My impression is that the Dungeon is big, but not to the point that tens of thousands of adventurers - that could easily be the case in Law or in the future village- can wander the first level at the same time.

11. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well it is unlimited now.

I just don’t see Ricther getting the tardis type transport he wants. He should still need to cut his way down the node road.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  12. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    As far as i can tell the nodes are a thing of the labyrinth and have no relationship with the land it self. While the dungeon Exist in both, so the argument that the nodes will enable the burrow to create and entrance 3 days away from it are invalid. I really can’t understand why anyone would think otherwise. It doesn’t even make sense that it could extend it self so far Beyond it area of influence in the physical world.

13. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No it is not :)

Only occupancy is unlimited, and it remains partially tied to the location.

14. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Agreed.

The Dungeon is partially in the land, partially in its own Dimension (as of book 8) and connected to the Labyrinth. Should the Dungeon die it will be absorbed into the Labyrinth, adding to it.

Nodes are in a different dimension, they won't impact the Land directly outside of its range of influence.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  15. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That was my point. If you listen to the audible quotes it says it’s adventurers limit was now unlimited.

16. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So are there not any nodes inside Ricthers physical Dungeon? Isn’t that what his original pedestal was for before he got the master node.

17. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So how will the Dungeon be capable of connecting to major settlements and other dungeons?

18. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hmm I suppose that is true. But those are inside the physical confines of the Dungeon.

The Dungeon won't be able to connect to other major settlements and Dungeons on its own. Adventurers are required to enter the Labyrinth and blaze a trail through the labyrinth to other Dungeons. A Node road.

Which some gladly do despite the death rate being extremely high, because the ability to control trade between two far off cities is a gold mine. If the alternative is sending crates full of goods on a six month journey by ship, followed by a three month journey by caravan through mountains and deserts, an adventurer who can pop back and forth instantly can pretty much write his own ticket.

19. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I can easily image someone traveling for years in the labyrinth to connect a node rode to the dungeon in the next town.

Captain BlackJack and Dragon like this.
  20. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Could take a lifetime or a week.