Dungeon Rooms, Dungeon Rooms

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by PokemonThug, May 31, 2020.

1. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Heil Exiles!

What rooms would say the dungeon needs most, or MV could benefit most?
    And why.

Probably could be something what the MV does not already have and Dungeon only/specific.

2. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Lairs, lairs and more lairs. They increase the number of monsters cheaply and they provide challenges for adventurers.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  3. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Armory - weapons for beastkin, like StoneGiants. It would be cool to see Richters face when meeting with a Massive stone Giant.

SoulStone room - make soul stones.
    Spirit room - allow for the dungeon to consume soulstones with spirits.. or spirits of beeings?!

Jewelers chambers - make jewelry and tefonim stuff.

Mana cultivation room - meditate to awaken dormant magical affinity or increase exiating ones..

4. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hmm would be super beneficial to create a simple lair for basic adventurer parties to level up..

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  5. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The problem is that lairs seem to be destroyed after being beaten, so you really want adventurers to work for it. Plus permanent boons are awesome.

6. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    really, why? It should be like respawning monsters next day or next hour... how is it destroyed..

Cire122 likes this.
  7. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If it is a Dungeon with instances it won't matter. If it is a dungeon, then it would be destroyed.

8. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Instances? When did this come up and how does it work with invaders/ call to war?

9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I suppose you could read this

Know This! Upon reaching level 10, your Dungeon has begun to create its own dimension. It is no longer completely bound to the location it occupies. As such, occupancy of the Dungeon is now unlimited.

Kong, Aleron. The Land: Monsters: A LitRPG Saga (Chaos Seeds Book 8) . Tamori Publications, LLC. Kindle Edition.

As meaning it now has instances, but it seems like a pretty big jump.

10. Cire122

Cire122 Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe I am being slow today but I still don't get why that means liars don't respawn. I get the ethereal nature changes the layout, but that doesn't mean lairs can't respawn and placed in a different location.

11. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well thats because that was a part of what I was saying to Johan about instances. I haven't really said anything about lairs.

12. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Congratulations! Your party is the first to clear a Lair in the Dungeon of Bloody Chaos. You all receive a permanent boost of + 5 Health for this feat!

Kong, Aleron. The Land: Predators: A LitRPG Saga (Chaos Seeds Book 7) (Kindle Locations 12015-12018). Tamori Publications, LLC. Kindle Edition.

I suppose it doesn't really say that they destroyed it. The special thing is that they were the first to do so.

13. Cire122

Cire122 Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That was how I read it. But it could equally mean that lairs form again and a gain but aren't recreated exactly the same.

14. S'ahelas

S'ahelas Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m not sure what all the hype is about for lairs and is using the dungeon to level. This things are obviously useful. But we don’t know the respond time for much of anything, it could be an hour or a day or a week, limiting use as a training ground. Additionally hardly any mist villager is ready to take it on. Assuming the first room looses monster density (which there is no evidence for) you still need a party of skilled level fifteens at least to take it on. And that’s the first room on the first floor. Only like four or five people that isn’t part of the HM army is ready. Instead, I think Ritcher will get the most use for it as a rare herb farm and as a mine, and as a door to the realm of the fae. The weapons he makes are amazing enough, and the most potions dropped into the well can also be made. Instead it is the crafted items, and the resources, that I think will me valuable for the next year or so. And so a soul gem room, mine room, fae doorway room, plant pool/room these are what will be nice. However, because there is still that conspicuous free room, I think it’s gonna be something big and surprising that we can not account for as a reader. Like a magic wand room or something.

15. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The dungeon now has 6 floors with monsters up to level 38 and 481 different beast types. I think the dungeon now provides more than enough challenge for the mist villagers. Therefore I don't think it is necessary to create rooms that strengthen or increase the number of dungeon monsters. Rooms like lairs are not the priority right now. Instead the dungeon needs rooms that produce loot. There are several types of loot that are being held back by the lack of related rooms. These rooms are the greatest priority.

1. Apothecary (likelihood and quality of potions as loot is increased)
    2. Poisoner's Den (likelihood and quality of potions and poisons as loot is increased)
    3. Hall of the Enchanter (enchantments may now be absorbed through the Well of Offering, better enchantments may be expected if an enchanter works within the room)
    4. Well of Souls (souls may now be absorbed through the Well of Offering, increased enchantment potential of loot)
    5. ??? (soul stones may now be used as a resource)
    6. Tefonim Burial Chamber (Tefonim specific items may now be spawned as loot)
    7. Prospector's Hut (increased chance of finding ore veins, increased yield from ore veins, increased chance of finding ore and uncut gems as loot)
    8. Mapping Room (contains a cartographer's table showing a map of the dungeon. basic rings may be enchanted within this chamber with the dungeon mapping enchantment, the location of any of these rings within the dungeon is visible on the cartographer's table, and the map is updated accordingly)
    9. Armory (increases the chance of weapons and armor as loot, it is now possible for appropriate types of monsters to wield weapons and armor.
    10. Forge (increases the quality of weapons and armor created by the dungeon)

Cire122 likes this.
  16. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree to a point, he needs the specialty rooms that allow all the extra loot (enchantments, souls, soul stones, crystal etc) and they should be a priority. However, lairs are where the loot will really drop. They're where the higher level and advanced versions of the monsters are gonna spawn, and treasure chests should have a higher chance of spawning in them as well.

So far we only have the tusker lair, and with 480 other beasts to choose from, more lairs aren't a bad thing. They also are probably very likely, given the dungeon wants to eat people and lairs have a higher likely hood to kill people, reduce dp cost in spawning extra monsters and have a chance to make even more powerful monsters

17. Waterhobit

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    True, but i expect the dungeon will create lairs on its own, although we could maybe speed that process up a bit. Specialty rooms (I'll stick with your term) may not be produced by the dungeon right away though, and there is a very good chance that some of them might not be produced by the dungeon for a very long time. Some rooms like a soul stone room and a Tefanim room might never be created by the dungeon. Remember the dungeon will create rooms based on it's own motivations, a slaughterhouse comes to mind.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  18. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well the question was

So what room they should use their free room for isn't necesarily related at all. I think they should direct as many points as they can into the creation of lairs.

As for the room, keep it in the bank. It doesn't have to be spent now.

PokemonThug and ShoughtLoud like this.
  19. Waterhobit

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would say you are right. Free rooms should be spent on something that cannot be easily created, and that provides a significant benefit. And there is plenty to be done right now that can be accomplished through DP's and mistworker labor.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  20. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Damn Drago we just might make a predator out of you yet hehe
    Still a long way to a Monster though :)